Options

Why has Aliona been given a good partner again?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,812
Forum Member
✭✭✭
She was given a good partner last year and got to the final.

We also saw that she wasn't the best choreographer. I think Flavia should have got Harry.

Comments

• Options
    GreenJadeDragonGreenJadeDragon Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vanilla101 wrote: »

We also saw that she wasn't the best choreographer. I think Flavia should have got Harry.

Well she was supposed to get Richard Madley who would have been bad, Matt Baker was a very last minute (3 days before launch show) replacement.

I really enjoyed her choreography last year, it was brilliant, new and exactly why she was brought into SCD. And they deserved to be in the final.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do like Aliona, and i am ok with her and Harry, but my first choice for Harry was Flavia
  • Options
    MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member

I agree with you I can't stand Aliona. Flavia should have got a good partner this year she has had a few poor partners and I love her dancing and her choreography is excellent. She needs a good partner. Really annoyed. The other pairings are ok
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry and Aliona .... Lucky girl #scd
    UberSocial for BlackBerry • 10/09/2011 18:44
    From Camillas twitter

@CamillaDallerup again! ;0)
    Twitter for iPhone • 10/09/2011 18:45
    *in reply to…*
    Ian waites reply
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MCS wrote: »
    I agree with you I can't stand Aliona. Flavia should have got a good partner this year she has had a few poor partners and I love her dancing and her choreography is excellent. She needs a good partner. Really annoyed. The other pairings are ok

i agrees with this i likes flavia and she deserved better but russell is a nice man and wants to try hard i think
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MCS wrote: »

Is it possible that Flavia is such a good choreographer that they always want her out early to handle the pro dances?

Though thinking back to some pro dances...hmmm!
  • Options
    peevepeeve Posts: 3,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's less a case of 'Aliona being given a good partner' than 'Harry being given a good professional'. I very much doubt the producers think of the professionals' feelings when they match them with the celebs. They get paid to teach a celeb to dance, however much that irritates the pros' fans...
  • Options
    StardogStardog Posts: 2,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Artem...
  • Options
    samcheesesamcheese Posts: 1,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Totally agree!
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,882
    Forum Member

Flavia has a bit of history of getting involved with her partners, maybe that's why they now keep pairing her with no-hopers.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 51,038
    Forum Member
    I hope Harry does well, but people have to remember that being young doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be a good dancer.

I was happy to see him paired with Aliona, I've always liked her. I was surprised that he wasn't paired with Ola though, seeing as they have danced previously.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    Ticks off another one who entertains the idea the producers might actually give a 4-X about the dancers...
  • Options
    Frank MagFrank Mag Posts: 1,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she is a brilliant choreographer and deserves another chance to win the Glitterball trophey. :D:D:D;)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    I do like Aliona,
    I do too.

It's a 'Shame' about Flavia....but that Russell, might surprise some of us.:)...over the coming week.
  • Options
    Azla AxeAzla Axe Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Why is Harry considered a good partner?

He did an ok paso with Ola, but lets face it, all he really did was look menacing and broody.

We have no clue how he will cope with the other dances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I am so pleased Aliona got Harry. They will win it this year and she is the best choreographer how can you say she's not Vanilla101 ?
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Aliona. She's not the only pro who has got someone who could be very good 2 years running. If it went "Good, crap, good, crap, good, crap"... THAT would be boring. Anyway, Harry could end up being rubbish. We don't know anything until we see them dance FGS :)
  • Options
    EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I like Aliona. She's not the only pro who has got someone who could be very good 2 years running. If it went "Good, crap, good, crap, good, crap"... THAT would be boring. Anyway, Harry could end up being rubbish. We don't know anything until we see them dance FGS :)

I agree and she had Rav the first year?

I really like Aliona, she's beautiful and charming.

I think Flavia has a good partner too - Russell has a warm personality and seems light on his feet.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Flavia has a bit of history of getting involved with her partners, maybe that's why they now keep pairing her with no-hopers.

Sorry, but I think is is a load of rubbish and quite offensive.

Aliona has been paired with Harry because the producers think it will be good for the show. That's all. I don't like it, but the decision has been made.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the producers may have sabotaged Harry with this pairing
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit in bold: that's subjective, please don't state it as fact. Clearly a lot of people did like Aliona's choreography as otherwise Matt wouldn't have got as far as he did, celebrity popularity alone is not enough. I personally thoguht she came up with some beautiful routines, and some fun, innovative ones which worked very well.

People have got good dancers two years in a row - Lilia made the final in two consecutive years, winning one of them.

And who says Harry will be good? He was quite good with Ola on CIN, but his competition was fairly dire, so there wasn't much to compare. It may turn out for Aliona like it did for Matt Cutler - he got Christine Bleakley the year after he won with Alesha, and she wasn't as good a dancer as people expected her to be!

No matter who they get, the pros are being paid to do a job, so that's why the producers don't consider fairness.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I think the producers may have sabotaged Harry with this pairing

I think the producers have given Harry a great chance with this pairing.
  • Options
    FarmLoonFarmLoon Posts: 772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stardog wrote: »
    And Artem...

Forgive me a little schadenfreude, but I loved Artem's face when he thought he was going to have to dance with Edwina Currie!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FarmLoon wrote: »
    Forgive me a little schadenfreude, but I loved Artem's face when he thought he was going to have to dance with Edwina Currie!:D

I know, and then he was a bit TOO happy when he got Holly! Very funny!