Doctors discussion thread (Part 4)

Comments

• seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    1fab wrote: »
    Very dodgy episode. Yes, I can understand that Julia does not want to offer a home to the young woman, but... her way of helping her ended up being getting her back into prison! :eek: Is this supposed to be some kind of happy ending??

That's what the girl wanted her to do. She said she had a bed to sleep in, three meals a day, got off the drugs and was learning skills.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    That's what the girl wanted her to do. She said she had a bed to sleep in, three meals a day, got off the drugs and was learning skills.

Yes, I did watch it. No responsible person would deliberately help someone go to prison, though.
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Monday's episode

Freya fancies Cherry:eek: I wonder if she also likes Jimmi who is quite sexy?

Freya & Kevin work so well in a werid sort of way and i think they 'Could' be great as a item but looking at the reaction last night i don't think that's going to happen anytime soon:D

Mrs Tembes scene's were quite funny with her trying to teach Immie the tricks of the road 'Offer them a Cig':D

Lol at karen:D she never has a good day off and if it's not sinks getting blocked it's washing Machines leaking and werid men in a Hat banging on the door.

Karen's accent makes me laugh and i think she's now a Doctors legend.

Why not mention of Heston?:mad: 7/10 not a bad start to the week:)
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,279
    Forum Member
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    dan2008 wrote: »

In that one shirt that he wears time and time again!? Incidently it is from H&M, I bought it for my brother-in-law for Christmas (before I had seen Kevin in it!) :D
    It's not his dress sense i was looking at:D
    When the camera panned back in the Icon it looked like Freya and Kevin had matching Shirts:D
    kevin58 wrote: »
    If Julia had told her Daughter in-law that Patrick had been cheating on her, then she would probably still be seeing her grand-daughtrer. However, at the time she decided to keep the secret and hope her son behaved himself! But once a cheater... :(
    Sometimes it's hard though. Julia was hoping that Patrick was going to be different to Mac but it seems she was wrong.I do hope that Julia will get to see her again and imo what Sally has done is totally out of order.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    1fab wrote: »
    Yes, I did watch it. No responsible person would deliberately help someone go to prison, though.

Julia has a wide circle of friends and contacts as we know from many years of watching the programme. She could have got the girl into a hostel , on a drugs rehab, even got her a job . If she goes to prison then the same problems will happen as soon as she comes out. Strange Julia didn't think of that.
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,870
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, I guess that's the property prices in Kings Vale plummeting now the Hollins' might be moving into the area :(:D

Think Rob is being an idiot. A lot of his behaviour today came across as sheer jealousy. Like Karen said he can't stand that it's from her side of the family. Bet he'd have been all gush if it had been Aunty Ag who'd left him the house. As much as I dislike Karen I agreed with a lot of what she said, why shouldn't they have the house? Why should they feel they aren't good enough to move to the area? Personally I'd move into the house and rent out their current home. Presumably Violet's house is paid for, so they'd be generating like a third income from renting out their current house which could go towards the upkeep of the Kings Vale property. Rob's "I'm proud to come from working class roots" attitude really gets on my nerves at times. I hate how a lot of soaps/drama's always portray northerners as being like that because we aren't. :D

Cherry just seems to manage to annoy me more and more. Now she's claiming Freya is "stalking her". Really Cherry? I think Freya has a long way to go before she's like Ruth was with Michelle :rolleyes:. I just can't believe how horrid she's being about it all. You'd think Freya had actually made a pass at her the way she's carrying on. :mad:

Oook Akono and Mrs Tembe :eek: (Temkono? :D) Weirdly I really like Akono. Sooner see him than Jack Hollins as a regular.
  • sudie58sudie58 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, I guess that's the property prices in Kings Vale plummeting now the Hollins' might be moving into the area :(:D

Think Rob is being an idiot. A lot of his behaviour today came across as sheer jealousy. Like Karen said he can't stand that it's from her side of the family. Bet he'd have been all gush if it had been Aunty Ag who'd left him the house. As much as I dislike Karen I agreed with a lot of what she said, why shouldn't they have the house? Why should they feel they aren't good enough to move to the area? Personally I'd move into the house and rent out their current home. Presumably Violet's house is paid for, so they'd be generating like a third income from renting out their current house which could go towards the upkeep of the Kings Vale property. Rob's "I'm proud to come from working class roots" attitude really gets on my nerves at times. I hate how a lot of soaps/drama's always portray northerners as being like that because we aren't. :D

Cherry just seems to manage to annoy me more and more. Now she's claiming Freya is "stalking her". Really Cherry? I think Freya has a long way to go before she's like Ruth was with Michelle :rolleyes:. I just can't believe how horrid she's being about it all. You'd think Freya had actually made a pass at her the way she's carrying on. :mad:

Oook Akono and Mrs Tembe :eek: (Temkono? :D) Weirdly I really like Akono. Sooner see him than Jack Hollins as a regular.

i agree with everything you say, except , please let jack stay, :o
  • MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Cherry, she's so selfish. After seeing her horrid parents I can understand why she is so unlikable. Her mum is her in 10 years from now. Please Jimmi don't marry her you are too good for her. Her selfish remark I don't care what Fraya is going though shows her true colours.
    Actually the sight of Cherry puts me off watching Doctors. I'm sick of her moaning and having a go at everything.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was that thing Mrs T used to say — "I'm scandalised!"
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MCS wrote: »
    I can't stand Cherry, she's so selfish. After seeing her horrid parents I can understand why she is so unlikable. Her mum is her in 10 years from now. Please Jimmi don't marry her you are too good for her. Her selfish remark I don't care what Fraya is going though shows her true colours.
    Actually the sight of Cherry puts me off watching Doctors. I'm sick of her moaning and having a go at everything.

Every single bloody thing that comes out her mouth is
    about the wedding
    stressed about the wedding
    whinging about the wedding

If I was Jimmi i'd of strangled her by now, actually I'm holding out that he will do that on thier honnymoon.
    What Freya sees in her I'm baffled, All Cherry did when they were around eachother was bang on about herself and you've guessed it the WEDDING:rolleyes: Which one of these things did freya find so damn attractive for god sake,:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they have changed Cherry a great deal! When she first came she was bubbly, happy, excited and pink! Now she is miserable, grumpy, selfish... and pink!:( By the way, the estate agent in that two parter, was wearing Zara's old snake skin jacket that she threw away when Daniel insulted her! :D Did they think we wouldn't notice?:D *tut tut* I am scandalised!:D:D
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would think the newighbours would be pleased to have a Police sergeant and a doctors recpetionist move in , Id live in it just to spite the snobby old bat next door .In the vclip about tomorrows episode our kerv looks like he is going to cry but given hes not the worlds greatest acxtor I am probably wrong
  • sinopia_rossasinopia_rossa Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How old is Mrs. Tembe? She looks ageless - though without her wig, knocking 60?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,420
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lorna Laidlaw is 50. Dont know how old Mrs Tembe is supposed to be.

I warmed to Karen when she said, re the house, it's her last link to her mum. Understandable she'd want to hold on to it for that fact alone.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear Cherry . She's actually unwatchable.

I have read some pretty serious spoilers on Twitter btw ! ;)
    Forum Member

So do tell! Put them inside a spoiler tag - I don't mind spoilers at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    So do tell! Put them inside a spoiler tag - I don't mind spoilers at all.
    OK - Zara delivers her baby boy early - before the Chimmi wedding it seems - and names him Joe. There is a hint of bad news and speculation - and this IS speculation - suggests the choice of name is linked to Dr Fenton & said bad news ... It appears Cherry & Jimmi will indeed tie the knot. This is all via Twitter though (disclaimer lol)
  • Tass BTass B Posts: 1,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK - Zara delivers her baby boy early - before the Chimmi wedding it seems - and names him Joe. There is a hint of bad news and speculation - and this IS speculation - suggests the choice of name is linked to Dr Fenton & said bad news ... It appears Cherry & Jimmi will indeed tie the knot. This is all via Twitter though (disclaimer lol)

Oh thank you for this! Even though it's speculation at this stage, it sounds very likely!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    Lorna Laidlaw is 50. Dont know how old Mrs Tembe is supposed to be.

I warmed to Karen when she said, re the house, it's her last link to her mum. Understandable she'd want to hold on to it for that fact alone.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear Cherry . She's actually unwatchable.

Do you know if Mrs Tembe speaks like that in real life or does she have an English accent.

Edit; I've just looked her up and answered my own question. She is born and bred in Birmingham , so the Botswana accent is put on !
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    Do you know if Mrs Tembe speaks like that in real life or does she have an English accent.

Edit; I've just looked her up and answered my own question. She is born and bred in Birmingham , so the Botswana accent is put on !

LOl she probably speaks like Karen in real life
    Forum Member

Thanks for that. Sounds intriguing!
    LOl she probably speaks like Karen in real life

Apparently she does. I read an interview where she said that in an episode where she was impersonating Karen on the phone, she just used her own accent.
  • The PuzzlerThe Puzzler Posts: 7,689
    Forum Member
    What a mental cow. Poor Kevin having to put up with this crap in his workplace!
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened with Immie and the written driving test? I know she passed but did she do it under her own name? Did the other girl cheat, couldn't quite figure out what that was all about at the end. I do know that she passed by one mark.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd choice of Captain & Tennille at the end, good to hear Swords of a Thousand Men again though. Not so sure I appreciated seeing Karen licking Rob but the actors looked like they were having a good laugh.
    Enjoyed today's - rubbish computer game graphics though ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    Urghhhhh!!!! What a wet and slightly sickening end to today's ep!! :D
  • cats_fivecats_five Posts: 1,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What happened with Immie and the written driving test? I know she passed but did she do it under her own name? Did the other girl cheat, couldn't quite figure out what that was all about at the end. I do know that she passed by one mark.

Immie scraped through. The other girl left. She was taking it for other people to get them through rather than cheating in the sense of some way of getting answers so she could pass. Both wrong of course, and hers might be a greater crime.
This discussion has been closed.