Options

Why they making out final been 48hr later a big thing?

spaceman05spaceman05 Posts: 1,139
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why are they making out the final is only 48hrs after tonight's semi is such a big thing, for years it used to run Monday - Friday with the final on the Saturday, they only changed it the year before last because of the champions league final and only moved that to a day later and the Sunday, only last year did they change it completely to a week later, which I think they realised was a mistake as there was too long between semis and final!!

Comments

• Options
    spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceman05 wrote: »
    Why are they making out the final is only 48hrs after tonight's semi is such a big thing, for years it used to run Monday - Friday with the final on the Saturday, they only changed it the year before last because of the champions league final and only moved that to a day later and the Sunday, only last year did they change it completely to a week later, which I think they realised was a mistake as there was too long between semis and final!!

I suppose it's ramming home the point that they don't have to wait a week.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spursboy68 wrote: »
    I suppose it's ramming home the point that they don't have to wait a week.

And the fact it will be on an 'off' night of a Sunday rather than a Saturday final.
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    To remind the viewers of when the final is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »
    To remind the viewers of when the final is?

True, but they could have just said the final on sunday, but they constantly rammed the 48hr down everybodys throats as if it was a big thing and it has not done before, like I say it used to be on the Saturday 24 hours after the last semi, only changed a couple of years ago due to champions league final, and why they moved it to a week later last year is baffling, my point is all the acts now when the final is going to be before they start the semi finals, and in my opinion there is no advantage to being in the semi on a Monday than there is on the Friday, as the acts that are reasonably ok and know themselves if they have a chance of getting to final, will have to acts ready to go, one for semi and one for the final
  • Options
    a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its blatent false advertising as they say BGT is on every day this week yet its not if it was the final would be saturday not sinday, thats not every day.
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've often wondered if there is one (just one because I'm not greedy) single tiny part of BGT that hasn't been moaned about and criticized. :o:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've often wondered if there is one (just one because I'm not greedy) single tiny part of BGT that hasn't been moaned about and criticized. :o:confused:

Im not really moaning, just pointing out that the judges and ant and Dec must think everybody In this country have the memory of a goldfish lol