Kristina and Ben

Comments

• Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Seymour wrote: »
    I agree, I hope the Beeb will give her an old duffer this year, or Ben could be out in the cold.

The BBC have reportedly said they are going to only pair her with single men from now on....because she is "too irresistible".

That may be good news for the wives/girlfriends of participating male celebs, I'm not sure it's any consolation for Ben though.;-)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/402093/Strictly-Hands-off-Rihanoff-Vincent-s-warning-to-man-eater
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I have to agree. Some of the stuff directed at Kristina on here (which largely seems to just get accepted), like suggesting she looks like a hooker or is 'rancid' or that she's 'loose in every way' etc are embarrassing and pathetic in the extreme. Always the women that gets that kind of thing.

Playground cringey stuff.

Please tell me it's kids writing this kind of thing who perhaps know no better and not supposedly grown adults.

Today is the first time I have contributed to this thread and to be honest I haven't read through all the comments.

I think Kristina is a great dancer and i've always liked her on Strictly... but she has form for getting into relationships with men who are already attached, she is bound to get criticism for this to be fair.

I don't think there is any need to call her nasty names though, I agree with you on that.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I agree - there's no way Ben's wife can keep a 'dignified silence' if she feels others are giving their owns version of events which is at odds with what she thinks happened.

If Kristina and Ben are the only ones allowed to talk to the media - that way they gain the upper hand.

I totally disagree and am surprised you believe that.:o
    You really think she needs to media-**** to look good?.........Wow! :o
    I have to agree. Some of the stuff directed at Kristina on here (which largely seems to just get accepted), like suggesting she looks like a hooker or is 'rancid' or that she's 'loose in every way' etc are embarrassing and pathetic in the extreme. Always the women that gets that kind of thing.

Please tell me it's kids writing this kind of thing who perhaps know no better and not supposedly grown adults.

Seconded my friend.;-)
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally disagree and am surprised you believe that.:o
    You really think she needs to media-**** to look good?.........Wow!

I don't think one tweet about karma and an article about a letter to the BBC makes Abby Cohen a 'media ****' :confused: - as I said before we don't know who leaked that story to the press, she's also made her Twitter page private now.

However, if in the future she wants to talk to the press about the breakdown of her marriage then why shouldn't she? Especially if she disagrees with Ben and Kristina's version of events. Why is it ok for Ben and Kristina to talk to the media but not her?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think one tweet about karma and an article about a letter to the BBC makes Abby Cohen a 'media ****' :confused: - as I said before we don't know who leaked that story to the press, she's also made her Twitter page private now.

However, if in the future she wants to talk to the press about the breakdown of her marriage then why shouldn't she? Especially if she disagrees with Ben and Kristina's version of events. Why is it ok for Ben and Kristina to talk to the media but not her?

You and Abby can think/do or say whatever you like.
    Its not up to me to dictate your choices.

My opinion (on Abby's free choices) is that she is media-whoring.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My opinion (on Abby's free choices) is that she is media-whoring.

If Abby is in your opinion a 'media ****' for articles in the media about her break up with Ben, which I doubt she had much control of, then what are Kristina and Ben?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Abby is in your opinion a 'media ****' for articles in the media about her break up with Ben, which I doubt she had much control of, then what are Kristina and Ben?

Media ****.
    I'm surprised you had to ask. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Media ****.
    I'm surprised you had to ask. :confused:

Ok, you seemed to be singling Abby out - whatever Abby has or hasn't done in the media, it's not on the same level as Kristina and Ben, Kristina went on tv to try and justify herself - they've both got autobiographies out which they will no doubt highly publicise - if the media want Abby's side of the story then I can't say I blame her if she wants to give her side but she hasn't exactly said much yet. I think it's harsh calling her a 'media ****' but hey - you're entitled to your opinion.
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

Women are treated more harshly than men. However, I would feel exactly the same if a male pro kept shagging their celebrities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, you seemed to be singling Abby out - whatever Abby has or hasn't done in the media, it's not on the same level as Kristina and Ben, Kristina went on tv to try and justify herself - they've both got autobiographies out which they will no doubt highly publicise - if the media want Abby's side of the story then I can't say I blame her if she wants to give her side but she hasn't exactly said much yet. I think it's harsh calling her a 'media ****' but hey - you're entitled to your opinion.

Gee thanks. :D:D
    Its old news now and although her heart is broken its time to keep a dignified silence.
    She should leave the media-whoring to those who need to do it. She doesn't.
    Poor woman.:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gee thanks. :D:D

You're welcome :D

I can see you're referring to Ben and Kristina in the post you highlighted now - still think it's a bit much to expect Abby to keep a 'dignified silence' in the face of it all though.
  • thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
  • MaggieMcGeeMaggieMcGee Posts: 11,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't make up my mind about this affair. It's a pity that I'm not able to feel happy for Kristina finding love though.
  • backstageonebackstageone Posts: 244
    Forum Member
    What do you know? in a couple of days Abby is going to be responsible for everything that's happened here...I can see the headline, "Poor Kristina and Ben can not find happiness, and all because of that witch Abby.

Maybe the link below will give people some pause.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2343075.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Ben-Cohen-and-Kristina-Rihanoff.jpg
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben's wife has every right to be upset. Kristina has history and it is time to stop her from hurting people. BBC seem to promote it.. which is sickening.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you know? in a couple of days Abby is going to be responsible for everything that's happened here...I can see the headline, "Poor Kristina and Ben can not find happiness, and all because of that witch Abby.

Maybe the link below will give people some pause.

http://i1.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article2343075.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Ben-Cohen-and-Kristina-Rihanoff.jpg

Kristina is already doing the 'poor me' routine again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/ben-cohens-strictly-lover-kristina-6143943

thengp12 wrote: »

Lol - it must be very miserable for Abby right now but maybe she'll get the last laugh after all - karma indeed ;-)
  • Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She does completely have a point about Pasha and Rachel imo. I absolutely LOVE Pasha and have no doubt that they were friends first and the relationship came later after the breakdown of her marriage - why should it be any different for Ben and Kristina? I don't know what went on with either of those couples (and why should I? It's not my life) and would rather think the best of people. I like Kristina as a dancer and she comes across nicely in the show - that's all that really matters to me.

Am a bit sad she's not with Simon though because I was convinced they had a thing for each other!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    She does completely have a point about Pasha and Rachel imo. I absolutely LOVE Pasha and have no doubt that they were friends first and the relationship came later after the breakdown of her marriage - why should it be any different for Ben and Kristina? I don't know what went on with either of those couples (and why should I? It's not my life) and would rather think the best of people. I like Kristina as a dancer and she comes across nicely in the show - that's all that really matters to me.

Am a bit sad she's not with Simon though because I was convinced they had a thing for each other!

From what I remember - Rachel announced her split with her ex husband soon after she did strictly - I don't know the ins and outs of why she broke up with her husband either but I think in her case it might have been a case that she married in haste as I think she'd been married for less than a few years before they both decided to go their separate ways and there were no children involved so I suppose that made it all the more easier.
  • edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because anthropologically speaking, it's easier for women to use passive-aggressive measures to ostracise another female from their social group, rather than tackle the -historically speaking- stronger male partners on whom they depend for child-rearing.

Biologically and historically, females were less able to physically fight for their mates, so they band together socially to show that taking a pair-bonded mate will lead to social exclusion. By generally blaming women for being the "homewrecker" in an affair women are sending a powerful message to other women which is "don't do it". The male is tackled less often because -and this is historically speaking- he has more power either physically or socially.

It's also about feeling empathy for a fellow wife and loyalty to your own husband and a deep belief that the only way it could happen to yourself is because of some outside force, rather than your own husband being an @rse.

Personally- I believe the moral balance lies with the spouse needing to ignore the advances of a single person. And that -like all relationships- outsiders never know all the facts.

Good points.
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    She does completely have a point about Pasha and Rachel imo.

She might have a point if Pasha had done the same thing twice before and had posed for photos with Rachel's husband during Strictly while she gushed about how wonderful her marriage was, but he didn't. Not very classy of Kristina to drag her friends into it to try and justify herself (especially Janette where all the people involved were single as far as I know). Kristina really needs to stop whining for sympathy and live with the consequences of her actions.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish all three of them the best, especially when there are two very young children involved. None of us knows, or will ever knoiw, the exact details of their relationship and its sad breakdown, but I can understand Abby's pain. In a situation like this, it is very very difficult to compartmentalise everything into "blacks & whites". She and Ben have been together for 20 years since their teens. That is a lot of years and stories and emotions packed in there. So whether Ben believes or considered himself a single man when he got with Kristina is rather moot IMO. It is perhaps the feeling of a long-shared life and the deep emotions created by that life in those years so "seemingly" tossed aside and disrespected that hurts the most. Abby didn't just lose a husband and dealing with a lost marriage; she also lost her childhood friend as well as the relationship & shared intimate memories that goes with any friendship. You don't go through losses like these in a clear and calm mind of reasoned rationality. I hope her pain will lessen over the time.

All of which makes me wonder if Ben and Kristina as a couple will last. If Ben had been a woman who had been with one man all her life, married him, had children with him, went through every emotion the ups and downs that marriage entails including the tragic untimely loss of one's parent, reached the top of a sport she had known, worked hard at and been part of for a chunk of her life until then, achieved the highest accolade in that sport, retired from that sporting life, then a year later start to feel herself struggle in and drift from her marriage post-retirement, separates consciously or unconscioysly herself (perhaps emotionally, perhaps psychologically, perhaps physicaly who knows?) from that relationship just the same time she meets another man on a dance show, felt a fresh renewedness from this new relationship but left the decision to her former partner to finally divorce her after two years, so she doesn't actually take any or some personal agency in the formal break-up of the longest most deeply intimate relationship she has ever had till now in her life, most people would advice her not to get into another relationship just now and give themselves time to "breathe". And this is why I think this relationship between Ben and Kristina probably won't last long. There is just way too much "stuff" and perhaps, mostly importantly, unconscious emotional baggage that, if it isn't realised, acknowledged and dealt with properly, will make itself known and materialise in other ways which will eventually get in the way of this new relationship he is in, along with any expectations his new partner may or may not harbour for them. But like I said, I wish them all the best. It is all very sad to see people go through these things.
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie1967 wrote: »
    She might have a point if Pasha had done the same thing twice before and had posed for photos with Rachel's husband during Strictly while she gushed about how wonderful her marriage was, but he didn't. Not very classy of Kristina to drag her friends into it to try and justify herself (especially Janette where all the people involved were single as far as I know). Kristina really needs to stop whining for sympathy and live with the consequences of her actions.

Nice of her to drag Pasha and Janette into it:o That won't be awkward when they meet up for the start of the series this week!
  • Ellie1967Ellie1967 Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »
    Nice of her to drag Pasha and Janette into it:o That won't be awkward when they meet up for the start of the series this week!

Exactly. She isn't even right in what she says - Flavia has taken loads of flak over the years for her relationships, which weren't with married/attached contestants, but Kristina has to portray herself as the only victim being picked on. The difference is, as far as I know, Flavia didn't keep going to the papers asking for sympathy, blaming other people and having twitter arguments - she kept a dignified silence and it all died down. Kristina isn't acting like someone who wants this to die down - I suppose she needs to keep it all going until her book comes out.
  • dmolyneaux@virgdmolyneaux@virg Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sueh21 wrote: »

Amazes me amount of people who believe what is written in the gutter press especially the Daily Fail .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazes me amount of people who believe what is written in the gutter press especially the Daily Fail .

Well it's Kristina herself who is quoted in the recent mirror article - so either she has spoken to them or the mirror have made it all up. Kristina is usually quick to deny things and so far I can't see she's denied speaking to the mirror.
This discussion has been closed.