Options

Aiden on drugs?..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Not sure if this has been posted already but has no-one noticed that Aiden grimshaw was gurning, sweating and had absolutely massive pupils? Couldn't keep his hands or his jaw still...definitely had a line of something before his audition..lol

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe nerves?
  • Options
    ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely a bit...Daniella, shall we say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought that as well and wondered why there wasnt a thread on it! His eyes were just wide open he was moving about his tounge and after it his family were all nervous and happy but he just walked out not bothered .. Something was weird
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Doubt nerves make your eyes like that, just thought it was odd that no-one else had mentioned it
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He definitely had a manic energy to him.Well spotted with the dilated pupils btw : they look absolutely huge when he is singing.....weird.

Btw,you'd expect the lights on stage to make his pupils grow smaller.....the fact that they stayed large in the face of the lights is more than a bit suspicious.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    i just thought it was part of his swagger, his style tbh, the fact that people are saying was he on drugs ? is abit ludicrous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just thought it was part of his swagger, his style tbh, the fact that people are saying was he on drugs ? is abit ludicrous.

The dilated pupils would be the odd part.Normally the pupils become small when bright lights are shone on them and yet his seemed huge throughout the performance.Dilated pupils are often associated with use of the likes of cocaine and ecstacy etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bet a tenner you've not watched a mate gurning at 3am on an, ahem, "analogue" :o

I thought his audition was absolutely brilliant, but he'd *definitely* had a swift milligram before going on stage! tbh I didn't even notice his pupils (though that could account for how pretty he looked...) - it was the tongue I noticed first, while the judges were talking. Unmistakable.

Hope he doesn't feel the need next time. Mouth ulcers wouldn't help him through boot camp.
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looked like he was on some sort of high.
  • Options
    XadXad Posts: 1,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When i first watched him, he did seem ultra alert with eyes wide open and kind of fidgety. Watching it back now, his tongue does seem to be working overtime by wetting his lips in a very strange way; sticking it over completely as opposed to sliding your tongue across your lips while they're closed.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least wait until we've seen him a few more times before accusing him of being on drugs on the basis of a five minute, heavily edited video package where he was playing to a full theatre and tv cameras. He was probably nervous. I think thats acceptable, no?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »
    At least wait until we've seen him a few more times before accusing him of being on drugs on the basis of a five minute, heavily edited video package where he was playing to a full theatre and tv cameras. He was probably nervous. I think thats acceptable, no?

Fair enough,though the dilated pupils in the face of very bright stage lights seems odd.
  • Options
    Rikki65Rikki65 Posts: 8,449
    Forum Member
    Xad wrote: »
    When i first watched him, he did seem ultra alert with eyes wide open and kind of fidgety. Watching it back now, his tongue does seem to be working overtime by wetting his lips in a very strange way; sticking it over completely as opposed to sliding your tongue across your lips while they're closed.

(a) singing ,nerves and exhaustion makes your mouth dry - it even happens to dancers. (b) he has big dark eyes so its hard to tell if they were 'dilated', plus some people struggle with the stage lighting more than others. Give the boy a chance before starting unpleasant rumours.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rikki65 wrote: »
    (a) singing ,nerves and exhaustion makes your mouth dry - it even happens to dancers. (b) he has big dark eyes so its hard to tell if they were 'dilated', plus some people struggle with the stage lighting more than others. Give the boy a chance before starting unpleasant rumours.

It's nothing to do with managing light levels, everyones pupils contract when put in front of stage lighting.
  • Options
    Finchy44Finchy44 Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just watched it again on youtube and I can't make my mind up really, I guess it's a possibility but could also just be his singing style. Not sure how you can all desipher his pupils from his dark eyes to be honest, certainly not on youtube anyway, maybe on a large screen tv in HD you can.