Options

What's for Dinner tonight? (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    My signature dish tonight.

Thai spiced steak (five spice, cayenne & pepper)
    with McCain southern fries
    and a watercress, rocket and spinach salad with cherry tomatoes and red onion
    with a sweet chilli, soy, basamic & olive oil dressing
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haddock In Batter,Oven Chips,Peas
  • Options
    pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterdays leftovers. Honey baked Ham and bubble n squeak.
  • Options
    DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Last night, garlic chicken with wedges, mediterranean veg, yorkshires and stuffing. Tonight ham & cheese tortellini with pesto and cherry tomatoes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I went to my dad's and we had a chinese takeaway. It was lovely! :)

Tonight, i'm having beef stew and dumplings. It's been bubbling away in my slow cooker all day, just need to make the dumplings and pop them in :D
  • Options
    Cake_NibblerCake_Nibbler Posts: 6,564
    Forum Member
    Chickpea Patties.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ham, egg and chips
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to a Mexican restaurant tonight :D
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spaghetti & Meatballs.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_melon wrote: »
    Going to a Mexican restaurant tonight :D

Yummy - I love Mexican....

I did a chilli yesterday so we'll have that later with rice and home made coleslaw...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did a chilli yesterday so we'll have that later with rice and home made coleslaw...

Me too! But I like so many different things there, I always find it hard to make a decision!
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken chow mein & egg fried rice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COME PRAWNS TO cook for o/h sooooo maybe a prawn curry. Depends what time he is getting home as he is miles away today :(
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going out for a few drinks and then coming home to these Hairy Bikers sweetcorn empanadas

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/creamy_corn_empanadas_66194

and these Spanish potatoes

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10047/spanish-potatoes
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How do you get homemade coleslaw to taste nice. Mine just tastes of mayonnaise stirred on manky raw veg?
  • Options
    missloomissloo Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not sure - hubby is away for a mri scan this morning so if its good news i'll be cooking, bad news vat of wine and a takeaway.
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spaghetti Bolognese
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missloo wrote: »
    not sure - hubby is away for a mri scan this morning so if its good news i'll be cooking, bad news vat of wine and a takeaway.
    Oh :(. Best wishes for a good result and I hope you do end up cooking (and have wine, maybe).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Oh :(. Best wishes for a good result and I hope you do end up cooking (and have wine, maybe).

Thanks - he's just of phone, has to wait for his own doctor to contact him with the results so a few more days of worrying.

So it looks like i am cooking :) gonna do minced beef wellington (didn't end up making it last week) and roast spuds :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pastry-less quiche with feta, spinach and reduced down red onions and mint. With a rocket salad bag and dressing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks - he's just of phone, has to wait for his own doctor to contact him with the results so a few more days of worrying.

So it looks like i am cooking :) gonna do minced beef wellington (didn't end up making it last week) and roast spuds :)
    That's unfair, when you were expecting to know. :(
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Good luck to your husband, I hope the news for you is good when you do get the results. x

My mum is having her second Cyberknife session today so we are having a Chinese takeaway in case she doesn't feel like cooking - it can make her feel a bit ill (understandably!). Only one session left to go though. :)

Usually I have chicken chow mein at the Chinese; I feel like trying something different tonight but I'm not sure what.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    Good luck to your husband, I hope the news for you is good when you do get the results. x

My mum is having her second Cyberknife session today so we are having a Chinese takeaway in case she doesn't feel like cooking - it can make her feel a bit ill (understandably!). Only one session left to go though. :)

Usually I have chicken chow mein at the Chinese; I feel like trying something different tonight but I'm not sure what.

All the best to you both.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hope your mum doesn't feel too ill after the session.

Thanks to all for the good wishes, hubs isn't too worried, but they wouldnt send him for an MRI just for the craic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Best wishes to your mum, too, and I hope she (and all of you!) enjoy the Chinese.
This discussion has been closed.