I hope Aliona leaves if Harry Wins

CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
Forum Member
The only redeemming prospect of Harry winning for me is that Aliona does a Camilla and decides to leave the show on a high. Like others I have not enjoyed her OTT choreography and her attitude towards the show. She has toned it down in the past two weeks but most likely because she realises this is her best chance of winning.

Comments

• Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CloneClown wrote: »
    The only redeemming prospect of Harry winning for me is that Aliona does a Camilla and decides to leave the show on a high. Like others I have not enjoyed her OTT choreography and her attitude towards the show. She has toned it down in the past two weeks but most likely because she realises this is her best chance of winning.

I love Aliona , I love her quirkyness and her sense of fun .Well Done Aliona , two finals in a row !! Go Girl .
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is a bit nasty :rolleyes: Aliona has been pretty much the best thing about scd this year for me :) Her choreogrpahy is amazing IMO and as far as attuide towards the show :confused: she seems to have a good attuide if you ask me ? :)
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aliona is a breath of fresh air. I always look forward to seeing her choreography.
  • Charmaine CamerCharmaine Camer Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    A bit unkind! Her attitude seems fine to me and her choreography can be a breath of fresh air. I hope Jason wins, but I expect Harry to be victorious and either way I hope Aliona stays
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an unnecessary thread, why post something like that before the final, if at all, and why do you feel it necessary to start a new thread to be unkind about a particular pro when there is another one talking about which pros should be back next year? The amount of negativity towards Aliona on this forum is really ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I think Aliona is a fabulous dancer and choreographer, and her fun and quirky personality brings some much needed vivacity to the show. I can think of at least half a dozen professionals I'd rather see leave than her!
  • SueDevonSueDevon Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    Aliona's been one of the best things about SCD for me this year too. I adore her choreography, her dancing, her sense of fun and quirkiness as well. Well done Aliona!
  • teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope we are lucky enough to see Aliona back again next year.

She is such a star I wouldnt be surprised to see the likes of DWTS calling.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    What an unnecessary thread, why post something like that before the final, if at all, and why do you feel it necessary to start a new thread to be unkind about a particular pro when there is another one talking about which pros should be back next year? The amount of negativity towards Aliona on this forum is really ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I think Aliona is a fabulous dancer and choreographer, and her fun and quirky personality brings some much needed vivacity to the show. I can think of at least half a dozen professionals I'd rather see leave than her!

I didn't realise there were time constraints on these forums as to what we can post and when. :rolleyes: There are plenty of pro Aliona threads on here too but I don't post in those saying how I disagree with their views. My thread title and content is no worse to the one called "Aliona will ruin Harry's chances."
  • dizzyrascaldizzyrascal Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    Like everyone else who has commented on this thread I love Aliona. She comes across as hard working girl and with a really nice, kind personality. Doesn't seem to have a big ego like some pro dancers and genuinely tries to do her best for her partner. Nuff said
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I think Aliona should stay if any of the pros needs to go its natalie the show revolves round her celeb not her!
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All my friends love watching Aliona and I am delighted when she is on ITT , a lovely girl and great dancer .:)
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't realise there were time constraints on these forums as to what we can post and when. :rolleyes: There are plenty of pro Aliona threads on here too but I don't post in those saying how I disagree with their views. My thread title and content is no worse to the one called "Aliona will ruin Harry's chances."

I also think that thread is ridiculous. The point was, why single out a particular pro when all the others, and Aliona as well, are being discussed in the same place. It seems to me to be rather harsh to start a thread simply to slate one particular pro (and the same goes for a single celeb), but that seems to be commonplace here these days, so maybe I'm just old-fashioned...
    Forum Member
    It's not as if I've used offensive language to express my thoughts on Aliona and the other thread about pros leaving is based on rational prediction making. I actually don't think Aliona will leave where as I think others will for various reasons - my opinions in this thread wouldn't have fitted into that thread.

Anyway, I haven't got time to debate my thread further atm since I need to get ready to leave to watch Strictly in 3D! :D
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I go along with CloneClown to a certain extent.

I'm not a big fan and I wouldn't be sorry to see her go. I shouldn't be dancing in the aisles if she did but we might get someone better. I thought she was dreadful with Matt Baker. She's improved in the last couple of weeks.

As for not welcoming threads with criticisms of individuals? Perhaps this isn't the place for those of such a tender disposition...
    Forum Member

As for not welcoming threads with criticisms of individuals? Perhaps this isn't the place for those of such a tender disposition...

I agree with this - it's an open forum and you are going to like some stuff you read and dislike other stuff - simples. It's got nothing to do with being 'old fashioned.' It's one of the joys of the internet.
  • katkimkatkim Posts: 10,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    I hope we are lucky enough to see Aliona back again next year.

She is such a star I wouldnt be surprised to see the likes of DWTS calling.

I always thought her style suited DWTS more than Strictly. There seems to be a bit more freedom with the choreography, so I think she would do really well on that show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just getting to like Aliona! It's taken me a while to get there
    Her recent choreography has been fine.
    On the other hand there are some other pros I used to like but am not so keen on now.

So no, I wouldn't want Aliona to leave now.
  • keep_dancingkeep_dancing Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just getting to like Aliona! It's take me a while to get there
    Her recent choreography has been fine.
    On the other hand there are some other pros I used to like but am not so keen on now.

So no, I wouldn't want Aliona to leave now.

I totally agree! I think she has really redeemed herself mid-way through this series. She has produced some beautiful choreography and during the pro dances she dances amazingly well with Artem.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A spiteful little comment which, I'm guessing, has nothing to do with dance, choreography or dancing competitions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Aliona is a sweetheart, a lot of fun to watch and listen to, and a beautiful imaginative dancer. She deserves her place on the show and long may she continue to be involved.
  • ElizaDnlElizaDnl Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    Thank goodness for pros like Aliona, who are trying to keep the show fresh, interesting and exciting. I'd much rather have 12 pros who are not afraid to take risks, and therefore might get it wrong (well, not to my taste) a few times, than watch the crew regurgitating the same old, safe, boring dances over and over again (not naming any names here).
  • deisegirldeisegirl Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Aliona but if she's still around next year she probably won't get a good contestant! ;)
  • ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    I really dislike the wacky stuff.

I'd like the couples to dance exactly the same/similar routines some weeks. Not every week. I don't find the wacky stuff interesting or exciting. There's often too much showmanship (blasted stairs!) or theatricality (stupid cannon).

So Aliona really does get my goat sometimes. You can have good choreography with some flashy aspects - Natalie. Wall-to-wall novelty jades the palate.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

well I have thoroughly enjoyed her quirky choreography and her fabulous relationship with Harry

You go girl!!!! Two finals in a row - brilliant

I think Aliona is amazing and would be very disappointed if she decided to leave

You might not like her choreography but there is no need for yet another spiteful bitchy thread
  • trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I hope she stays so as just to annoy you.