Options

Does anyone get so tired...

JumbobonesJumbobones Posts: 1,814
Forum Member
✭✭✭
they think death would be a blessed release?

Comments

• Options
    dwood27dwood27 Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I think it's time for you to get a good night's sleep or consult your doctor
    - that's what he's there for.
    My best wishes to you.
  • Options
    lone wolfs howllone wolfs howl Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Jumbobones wrote: »

Daily. Death is pretty appealing actually.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumbobones wrote: »

I have major sleep problems and probably only get about 210 minutes a night, and that is broken sleep as well.
    At times I have been so tired I feel like bursting into tears.

I now have to manage my lack of sleep and am doing more active things to make me feel better.
    The active things make me tired but I still do not sleep properly, but at least I feel more vitalised.
    I have been to the Docs asking for a little tablet to take once in a while just so at least once every so often I can have 8 or so solid hours.
    Alas she was not going to give me any, so that is that.

Death is not the release, getting medical help or learning to cope with the tiredness is the best option.
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have major sleep problems and probably only get about 210 minutes a night, and that is broken sleep as well.
    At times I have been so tired I feel like bursting into tears.

I now have to manage my lack of sleep and am doing more active things to make me feel better.
    The active things make me tired but I still do not sleep properly, but at least I feel more vitalised.
    I have been to the Docs asking for a little tablet to take once in a while just so at least once every so often I can have 8 or so solid hours.
    Alas she was not going to give me any, so that is that.

Death is not the release, getting medical help or learning to cope with the tiredness is the best option.
    It probably felt really cruel Summer but barbiturates are horribly addictive and she'd have been saddling you with another problem to go with your sleep deprivation :(

I used to be a sufferer and used relaxation tapes to help me sleep which I don't need anymore - but I'm guessing you've probably tried that already and weren't successful with them?
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    It probably felt really cruel Summer but barbiturates are horribly addictive and she'd have been saddling you with another problem to go with your sleep deprivation :(

I used to be a sufferer and used relaxation tapes to help me sleep which I don't need anymore - but I'm guessing you've probably tried that already and weren't successful with them?

Yea I know they are addictive, my sister once took some sleeping pills and she did get hooked on them for a while.
    I said I only wanted to pop one once in a while, but I still did not get what I wanted!

I have tried all sorts.
    I think what screwed me up was about 10 years ago for about a year I worked 3 nights a week and then had to be awake all the next day to look after the family and do other work.
    I have never been the same since then.

I am at my worst I have ever been right now but I think I cope well really.
    I will fall asleep around midnight and then an hour or so later wake up and be wide eyed.
    I keep the lap top downstairs so I can not go on it during the early hours, as I do not want to get my brain activated as such.
    I have no worries really so that is not keeping me from sleeping.
    It is a habit I think, a habit I want to break.

Back to you OP, what have you tried to help you sleep?
    Have you had a chat with your Doc?
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea I know they are addictive, my sister once took some sleeping pills and she did get hooked on them for a while.
    I said I only wanted to pop one once in a while, but I still did not get what I wanted!

I have tried all sorts.
    I think what screwed me up was about 10 years ago for about a year I worked 3 nights a week and then had to be awake all the next day to look after the family and do other work.
    I have never been the same since then.

I am at my worst I have ever been right now but I think I cope well really.
    I will fall asleep around midnight and then an hour or so later wake up and be wide eyed.
    I keep the lap top downstairs so I can not go on it during the early hours, as I do not want to get my brain activated as such.
    I have no worries really so that is not keeping me from sleeping.
    It is a habit I think, a habit I want to break.

Back to you OP, what have you tried to help you sleep?
    Have you had a chat with your Doc?
    Have you tried the relaxation tapes when you wake-up? They might do the trick in getting you back to sleep quickly.

I used my iPhone with earphones in and it worked like magic :)

Don't drink, whatever you do - make everything bloody worse.
  • Options
    too_much_coffeetoo_much_coffee Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had insomnia for years and recently I have discovered that cherry juice helps. Drink some (you can get it from Holland & Barrett although it's quite expensive) or take some cherry extract tablets about half an hour before going to bed. Apparently there is a substance in cherry that helps your body to produce melatonin, the sleep hormone. It takes a week or so before it starts working but I have found that it really helps. Magnesium tablets also help against waking up during the night.

I was on Zopiclone for years and it was really hard coming off them - not just the not being able to sleep but all sorts of bad side effects - and would recommend that you don't go down the route of sleeping tablets.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Yes I only sleep about 2 hours a night as my family are disabled and I'm a 24/7 carer so always have to be there and awake as long as they are by brother doesn't sleep much at all goes to sleep about 4am and is is up by 6am

Problem is even when he's away at respite (as he is now) I still can't fall asleep not until about 4 and then I wake up about 6 no matter how tired I am.