Options

Undercover Boss, Channel 4 15/07/14

Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
Forum Member
Undercover Boss is back tonight after a break of what seems like years!

It's the boss of Moss Bros (another name I havent heard for years) who is surprised to find that he's been setting unrealistic sales targets for his staff. Shock horror!

Anyway, should be interesting.

Comments

• Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone! Looking forward to this.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Total contrast to the US/Canada + Australia ones where they seem to find hard luck story workers and bung them 5 figure sums.
    Lucky if they get a free suit tonight:kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he's never investigated before why the store is performing so badly? and surely no one falls for the "doing a documentary about changing careers" excuse anymore?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    So he's never investigated before why the store is performing so badly? and surely no one falls for the "doing a documentary about changing careers" excuse anymore?!

Yeah its a bit old hat that excuse now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I like this, however these days i can't see anyone being fooled by the "new employee, with camera crew following them around" act anymore, a bit like the secret millionaire program

• Options
    KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He knows he is the boss. The "I'm filming a documentary" is so obvious now, they should change to hidden cameras.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much ya betting he gets given a train pass? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This guy knows he's talking the boss. This is a sales pitch from him. Practically yelling "Give me a promotion!".
  • Options
    Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    How much ya betting he gets given a train pass? :D

I'm guessing money for his wedding - which is what I don't like about this format. I remember the BBC series "Back to the Floor" which was basically the same idea but seemed to be totally about the boss finding out what was going wrong in his/her company rather than now it having an element of "let's reward the emploees" - although it won't be as bad the American version which can be too sickly sweet sometimes.
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that a first for the show, someone recognising the boss and being pulled aside?
  • Options
    tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He knows he is the boss. The "I'm filming a documentary" is so obvious now, they should change to hidden cameras.

It's bit obvious now, you could get away with it for one series but now it's old hat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Is that a first for the show, someone recognising the boss and being pulled aside?

Its happened quite a few times.Even the foreign ones have.
  • Options
    KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A more believable story would be I'm filming a show about benefits, the job center is forcing me to do work experience here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This driver knows thats the boss
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest all this show does is make me wish The Apprentice was on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm calling it. This is all staged. Who in their right mind would say on national television that they think the company they work for is a sinking ship and criticise them like that?!
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I love this show but I really don't know how more employees don't know that's the boss they are talking to.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    tso wrote: »
    Total contrast to the US/Canada + Australia ones where they seem to find hard luck story workers and bung them 5 figure sums.
    Lucky if they get a free suit tonight:kitty:

Or even have a job left after they dare to tell it how it is.

Typical of a lot of UK employers where they pay you the absolute minimum they can legally get away with, treat you like dirt and wonder why you are not singing the praises of the company.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or even have a job left after they dare to tell it how it is.

Typical of a lot of UK employers where they pay you the absolute minimum they can legally get away with, treat you like dirt and wonder why you are not singing the praises of the company.

Ive seen this before where you think workers are going to get the boot cause of the way theyve acted or spoken but you watch he will get a pay rise;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love this show but I really don't know how more employees don't know that's the boss they are talking to.

Simply because in many companies you don't know the boss, have never met him/her and care even less.

Most companies I have been at we never saw the boss and then one day we would have to clean up and be all smiles as this jerk was on his way. That or we saw them once a year at xmas or never.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't forget to look shocked that he is the boss *rolls eyes*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I hope they don't forget to look shocked that he is the boss *rolls eyes*

Of course they got the shot! It was take 37.

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That seemed like it was a set up to be honest, it sounded scripted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course they got the shot! It was take 37.

:D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    That seemed like it was a set up to be honest, it sounded scripted

I have a feeling the entire thing is scripted. Bringing a company into dispute like a lot of these people have would result in immediate dismissal. At least, in all companies I've ever worked for, it's in the contract.