The Enforcers on ITV

Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
Forum Member
Another one of these high court sheriff shows on ITV now. It used to be cop/"Road Wars" type shows everywhere, now it's these. I cant get enough of them.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to remember if ive seen a woman doing the enforcing before
    Forum Member
    Ahhhh the old "my English isnt very good" excuse
    Forum Member
    If i was the land owner i would dump 40 tonnes of manure right by their caravans
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Hows about this lot get homes, pay council tax and stop being so bloody angry all the time.
    Forum Member
    Oh FFS the owner trying every trick in the book >:(>:(
    Forum Member
    Accusing the Sheriff of making up an invoice and bringing it with him. That's a new one!
    Forum Member
    Squatters shouldnt have any rights whatsoever
    Forum Member
    You HAVENT paid your rent, so TOUGH get out !!!!!
    Forum Member
    I work for a Housing Assocation and deal every day with court cases and evictions.

Pay your rent or downsize, or find help. Or get evicted.
    Forum Member
    Hooray,, more idiots next week :D
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many have a sense of entitlement to do what they want and sod anyone else
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well throughout the programme I was on the side of the enforcers, until......the end. OMG, those poor people - evicted with no notice/warning because their landlord is bankrupt; I myself am a private tenant & I have to say it really scared me.:o It just doesn't seem right.
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lot of bailiff programmes about...

this and channel 5's can't pay we'll take it away, and bbc's sheriffs

i find it both upsetting and compelling at the same time
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised he never smacked him one when he kicked the door into his face :D

Was expecting to see Uncle Fester etc... :p
  • drillbitdrillbit Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Surprised he never smacked him one when he kicked the door into his face :D

if there was no cameras he would have, and quite rightly too

you'd need the patience of Job
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well throughout the programme I was on the side of the enforcers, until......the end. OMG, those poor people - evicted with no notice/warning because their landlord is bankrupt; I myself am a private tenant & I have to say it really scared me.:o It just doesn't seem right.

Good point. It's easy for viewers to side with the bailiffs against so-called 'wrong doers', but there's often two sides to every story.

6 months ago, I was absolutely stiffed by a crooked 'solicitor'. Not only did they do absolutely nothing for me, they escalated their original quote from £600 to £1800. When I refused to pay, they served me with papers threatening bailiffs etc. Not being one who likes to have people hammmering on my door, I had no alternative but to pay these scum.
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It said they had correspondence but as usual people ignore or just hope it will go away, they didn't just turn up and evict them out of the blue
  • jonnyjackovjonnyjackov Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    It said they had correspondence but as usual people ignore or just hope it will go away, they didn't just turn up and evict them out of the blue

Actually, they said the landlord received correspondence, and they didn't know whether the landlord had informed the tenants. He probably didn't inform them as they were still paying their rent.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member

I agree with this, that did seem really unfair as they'd still been paying the rent!
  • Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »

As I understood it the correspondence went to the landlord - not to the tenants.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can watch these types of programmes all day.

I never tire of being amazed at folk who don't pay their basic bills, but do things like drive around in nice cars etc, then they are shocked & upset when enforcer types turn up at their door.
  • Bonnie ScotlandBonnie Scotland Posts: 2,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    first off i'll say i have genuine sympathy for those that find themselves in an eviction situation (in properties they have been legally renting for x months/years) when they are good, decent people for whom live has maybe dealt some crappy blows ... there but for the grace of god etc.

however, it depresses me to see that people like the squatters in the commercial property were actually legally covered and within their rights to stay put. the sheriff can't force them out, the police can't force them out, and the landlord can't access his/her building!?! i noticed the law covering them (they had it taped to the inside of the door) was from 1977 or something. some of these 'laws' seriously need looked at. as the sheriff said at one eviction, landlords (remember them law makers? ... the folk that OWN the property!) are often left with huge bills to rectify damage and make the property sound/usable again.

half of them, middle class warriors as the sheriff said, probably survive on a monthly allowance from mummy and daddy whilst they fight the good fight. it amazes me that these people see it as their right and duty to squat in properties they don't own.

it's irrelevant if the property is sitting empty ...
    it's irrelevant if the person that owns the property is a billionaire ...
    it's irrelevant if you think it's all morally wrong ...

THE
    PROPERTY
    DOES
    NOT
    BELONG
    TO
    YOU
    AND
    IF
    YOU
    DO
    NOT
    HAVE
    A
    LEGAL
    CONTRACT
    TO
    LIVE
    IN
    SAID
    PROPERTY
    YOU
    SHOULD
    BE
    EVICTED
    WITHIN
    HOURS
    NOT
    EFF'ING
    WEEKS
    OR
    MONTHS
    TO
    LET
    THE
    'LEGAL'
    PROCESS
    RUN!!!
  • Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree about the squatters, who on earth thought that taking all rights away from the owner was a good idea! I don't like the message this sends out! I don't want to go away on holiday and come back and find squatters in my house! And find it's me that has to live on the street while they trash my home! They leave the buildings they enter such a mess! Why is it all of a sudden not to break in and enter if you're a squatter? It's baffling it really is and it needs sorting because it is a very bad thing that the message is getting around Europe that you can break in and claim yourself a free house in the UK because the law grants you ownership over the real owner! We have enough immigration related problems as it is!
  • zazoopzazoop Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    The bald guy with the cockney accent doesn't sound half sharp. As for kicking out innocent students who have been PAYING their rent, I suppose that was made a lot easier for the officers by forcing themselves to detach themselves emotionally from the situation, and coldly and robotically force the people out WITH ZERO leniancy or respect. I can't imagine ever doing this to somone, EVEN IF IT WAS MY JOB, I'd say "take as long as you need", and screw the "higher powers" - it's not as if the landlord or the judge are sitting in the van, waiting to move in.

I'd rather lose my job as an "officer" than treat someone so utterly coldly and without sympathy or emotion. What a barrel scraping of a job, doing this all day long. Utterly soul destroying, and yes - many people who they evict from ARE in the wrong, but a kind word turns away wrath, and they seem to *intentionally* want to wind people up with their primitive, passive-aggressive attitudes to people who have made mistakes.

England is a pathetic country in SO many ways - stiff upper lip and all these thickos doing jobs that give them an ego trip, well yeah... go for it, if that's as high as you aim for in life... how depressing for you to have that kind of employment :/
  • Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zazoop wrote: »
    The bald guy with the cockney accent doesn't sound half sharp. As for kicking out innocent students who have been PAYING their rent, I suppose that was made a lot easier for the officers by forcing themselves to detach themselves emotionally from the situation, and coldly and robotically force the people out WITH ZERO leniancy or respect. I can't imagine ever doing this to somone, EVEN IF IT WAS MY JOB, I'd say "take as long as you need", and screw the "higher powers" - it's not as if the landlord or the judge are sitting in the van, waiting to move in.

I'd rather lose my job as an "officer" than treat someone so utterly coldly and without sympathy or emotion. What a barrel scraping of a job, doing this all day long. Utterly soul destroying, and yes - many people who they evict from ARE in the wrong, but a kind word turns away wrath, and they seem to *intentionally* want to wind people up with their primitive, passive-aggressive attitudes to people who have made mistakes.

England is a pathetic country in SO many ways - stiff upper lip and all these thickos doing jobs that give them an ego trip, well yeah... go for it, if that's as high as you aim for in life... how depressing for you to have that kind of employment :/

Zazoop what you need to remember at all times is that work is not plentiful in the UK! Most jobs are temporary or zero hour contracts so these Enforcers cannot willfully get sacked week in week out by continually breaking the law that they are there to enforce! Will you personally employ them all in new jobs? We are competing with most of Eastern bloody Europe for jobs especially the lower skilled sorts of jobs in our country so these Enforcers will do their jobs as professionally as possible to avoid ending up in the dole queue! I recently had a few months unemployment and it scared me how little was out there, one of the few permanent jobs I kept seeing advertised was work as an Enforcer!