My wi-fi radio is empty!

InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Something odd has happened to my wi-fi radio. Possibly it is simply faulty, but in case there is another explantion I'll describe the problem:

Switched on this morning and it automatically connected and started playing KCRW, the last station I'd listened to. After a bit I decided to change stations, so scrolled through the "last listened" menu. Couldn't find the station I wanted (though plenty of others) so went to the "station list" menu. Instead of being given the usual options (local, BBC, stations etc) it just displayed "<Empty>".

Tried several times, no good. Did system reset, re-entered WPA password, it connected to the network and displayed "Loading" but then returned to "<Empty>". Checked the procedure for registering the radio with the Frontier wi-fi portal, it says to obtain an access code by selecting "Help" from the "station list" menu. But when I try to access the station list menu, I just get... "<Empty>".

It's a Revo Pico IR, using the Frontier wi-fi portal. Up to the point I did a system reset it still played online stations as long as they were in the "last listened" menu. Now, no stations in the menu so I can't listen at all.

Any ideas?

Comments

• gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    No ideas but had the same on my Revo Axis when I checked today. So I think we can surmise there is summat up their end.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    No ideas but had the same on my Revo Axis when I checked today. So I think we can surmise there is summat up their end.

How weird. I can still log into my Frontier account and see my favourites, added stations etc, but as you say there must be something wrong at their end for the usual menu options to have disappeared from the radios.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now it's more-or-less back to normal. No "last listened" data, presumably that's not retained after a reset, but otherwise seems OK.

Edit: no, it's not back to normal. I'm currently listening to a station I tuned to a couple of minutes ago, but if I try to change stations it sometimes displays "network error", sometimes "<Empty>" and sometimes it displays the station list menu. Something's still not right.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Just checked and my Revo Axis is back working as normal now.
  • RoxioRoxio Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Frontier wi-fi portal seems to be down? nothing on my Roberts radio
  • mickbirch2000mickbirch2000 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silicon frontier wifi portal is down this morning, my Roberts not working via router...
  • warrior51warrior51 Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same issue here too with my Roberts via Silicon Frontier portal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Having the same issue with my Revo Pico RS. Tried going to the website http://www.wifiradio-frontier.com/ and it is not coming up so there must be major issues. The owning company Frontier Silicon has a separate site that is up http://www.frontier-silicon.com/. Plenty of UK offices so might be worth giving them a ring on Monday if the site is still down.
  • moordown66moordown66 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Same here. Reciva portal down on my Roberts R83i. Just came on here to see of anyone else had an issue. The hard presets on the buttons are loading ok but none of my web based saves
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't log in online either
  • MrRayDOMrRayDO Posts: 1,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its their website again .
  • RoxioRoxio Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Web site running but wont let me log in; radio wont work/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Blik Radiostation won't play anything, just shows Network Error & will not connect. My Roberts 83i plays OK but takes much longer than normal to connect. My other Reciva radios are working normally.
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having same problems with my Roberts stream 83i (Frontier Silicon). I can log onto the portal on my computer, but half my favourites and manually added stations have vanished. That better not be permanent >:(
  • bilsheenebilsheene Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    moordown66 wrote: »
    Same here. Reciva portal down on my Roberts R83i. Just came on here to see of anyone else had an issue. The hard presets on the buttons are loading ok but none of my web based saves

Roberts 83i portal is Frontier Silicon.
  • womer_ukwomer_uk Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Just tried my two Frontier Silicon Wifi radios - both still won't load anything
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope this gets sorted soon. Probably nothing until Monday at the earliest now.

On a side note I've noticed that Frontier Silicon ignore any suggested stations to be added to their portal lately, or at least they ignore me lol :)

They used to email back saying when they'd be added, not any longer. Gives out a bit of a 'don't give a damn' attitude.

Another complaint is they only list one stream for each station. Would be much better if they listed all the stream choices for each station. They also don't list any AAC streams at all, so they have to be added manually to 'My added stations'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything back to normal for me. Favourites and added stations restored and stations streaming no problem :):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Resonance wrote: »
    Everything back to normal for me. Favourites and added stations restored and stations streaming no problem :):)

Scrub that, not working again :(:(
  • MoxeyMoxey Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried a couple of times since 9am and it's back to normal for the first time since sometime on Friday.
  • warrior51warrior51 Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Presets are loading as usual, but favourites menu etc seem a bit sluggish .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back working again for me. How long it lasts this time is anyone's guess.
  • Roland BeaneyRoland Beaney Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    All working here on my Roberts now. How do I use the Frontier wi-fi portal if I don't have the reference number of my Roberts radio as I bought it second hand
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    It has been a bit up and down all day. Hopefully they will look to resolve the final few problems next week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All working now.

Roland - For the wifi portal do this:

1. Register an account at wifiradio-frontier.com
    2. Go to internet radio mode
    3. Go to menu, then station list, then help
    4. Select get access code and write it down
    5. Put that number into the access code field on the wifiradio-frontier.com website and the radio will then be linked.