- David Arquette
- Carson Kreesley
- Nancy Grace
- Elisabetta Canalis
- Chaz Bono
- Rob Kardashian
- J.R. Martinez
- Hope Solo

The leaked was correct except for Carson Kressley.

Comments

• Options
    Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carson Kressley should be hysterical. (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy).

Who do you think they will pair Chaz Bono with. Should be some Cher sightings in the audience.

I think new boy Tristan has Nancy Grace. One thing about Nancy - she ain't gonna be boring and Tristan won't know what hit him.

I believe David is with Kym and Hope is with Maks. Official announcement for pro-celebrity match is on Wednesday.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw this on another board:

Local radio said that Ryan O'Neal bolted after he learned Nancy Grace was going to be on. He was on her show and she roasted him for being a horrible father to both Tatum and Redmond. They got Martinez instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say this. If you want comedy search her name on twitter. The comments are priceless. She is trending in US.
  • Options
    WhiteLiarWhiteLiar Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    No international's?

I only know two (Ricki and Hope) usually know 4 or 5.

Will this be on Watch or have they dropped it for good?
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, stellar cast with international allure. :rolleyes:;)
    Looks like the least impressive cast ever.
    Knew only 2, Hope Solo and Ricki Lake. Had to look up the rest. Like WhiteLiar I usually know 4 or 5.
    Nancy Grace sure as hell doesn't do her surname justice. Yet another right wing nutter, but this one is really nasty.
    Pity Louis is supposedly left out this season. Would have been a perfect match with her.
  • Options
    socialdancersocialdancer Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I'm quite impressed with myself, I had heard of six of them :D So is Tristan definitely going to dance with a celeb? Really looking forward to that - he was a judge at the All Ireland Ballroom Championships in the summer and was great fun (plus seriously nice looking :o)
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Aside from Hope, I can't really see any potential 'winners' in that list. I'm sure I'll be proved wrong though, like I was with Hines last year.
  • Options
    AerickAerick Posts: 1,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks like a popular cast and I mean that in the sense that each person can be well known to someone. Until I watched the announcement on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlYPe64MAWI, some I had not heard of. But then I never watched "The Hills" (which was very popular among its demographic), nor did I know AJ Martinez (but then again All my Children is a very popular soap and has been for decades) and a few others like that. Just because you don't know someone doesn't mean they aren't well known to others. I never expect an international cast. Primarily the target is American viewers.

I have 2.5 roll my eyes people though: Elizabetta? who was George Clooney's ex. I mean, really. The Kardashian kid? I am not a fan of any Kardashian and have no idea how they rose to fame (but then again I am over their age demographic), and Chaz Bono? I feel sorry (I know I'm judging) for the Pro who gets him because that is not going to last. Although he has every right to be there. Maybe put him with Lacy Schwimmer? Anybody know the pairings?

Also, i don't think I'd paint Nancy Grace as a right wing nutter. She does verge on obsessive for certains victims rights, but that doens't mean a right wing. In my opinion. I'm not familiar with her politics.

I'm looking forward to this season! I agree, Carson is going to be a scream!
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing Ricki Lake, Chaz Bono, Hope Solo and David Arquette.

The only problem I find with DWTS is that the worst dancer (for the joke factor) leaves first.

I like the stars like Kate Gosselin and Jerry Springer who are terrible but get to like Week 5 / Week 6
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of the pairings have been leaked (in the rumors thread here). Looks like Chaz does have Lacey.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aerick wrote: »
    Just because you don't know someone doesn't mean they aren't well known to others. I never expect an international cast. Primarily the target is American viewers.
    You're absolutely right. The target audience is American. They've managed to put together a cast that appeals to large parts of the American public. No names over here, but huge, for whatever reason, in the US.
    Doesn't stop me from enjoying the show. After all, last season of the Australian version the cast was far from stellar and still very entertaining.
    I just wished Zakk Wylde - pity his campaign failed - and Queen Latifah were in it.
  • Options
    jettajetta Posts: 4,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone just said on the Watch forum board that the show is coming back to Watch on 23rd September at 9pm. Keep fingers crossed that this is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy Grace will put DWTS in the top of the ratings and then some. She literally lit up twitter last night. Her show during the very famous Casey Anthony trial was the top rated show in the time slot. She is very outspoken, feisty and confrontational. I can only imagine what she will she say to the judges if they trash her, glares included. People will want to see how she gets along in the training room and whether she will come to blows with her pro and of course the jokes about her being Nancy Graceless. All the late night shows will roast her.

I don't see her as right wing nutty but more that she is scrappy do.

I think she has Tristan for a pro. Since I have no idea of his personality or teaching style let's see how he handles her.
  • Options
    mrs-tinky2mrs-tinky2 Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jetta wrote: »
    Someone just said on the Watch forum board that the show is coming back to Watch on 23rd September at 9pm. Keep fingers crossed that this is true.

I hope so :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is an article on Tristan. I will try to find out more about Peta and Val.

http://www.bostonirish.com/arts/championship-dancer-tristan-macmanus-irish-addition-%E2%80%98dancing-stars%E2%80%99
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A little about Peta.

http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Murgatroyd,_Peta/Biography/

I believe she also dates Damian Whitewood.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know

Ricki Lake
    Chynna Phillips
    David Arquette
    Carson Kreesley

and will be supporting Ricki at the start!:D
  • Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    A little about Peta.

http://www.starpulse.com/Actresses/Murgatroyd,_Peta/Biography/

I believe she also dates Damian Whitewood.

I think they're married but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Here are the pairings :)

David Arquette and Kym Johnson
    Ron Artest and Peta Murgatoyd
    Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer
    Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy
    Ricki Lake and Derek Hough
    Nancy Grace and Tristan McManus
    Rob Kardashian and Cheryl Burke
    Carson Kressley and Anna Trebunskaya
    Kristin Cavallari and Mark Ballas
    J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff
    Chynna Phillips and Tony Dovolani
    Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

(Digital Spy have confirmed it)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if you can see this or not. Interview with Nancy and Tristan with some comments about the other celebs.

For the record those who think Nancy is right wing, she is a democrat and supported Obama.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/nancy-grace-fan-favorite-dwts-14427331?&clipId=14427331&playlistId=-1&cid=siteplayer
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    I am not sure if you can see this or not. Interview with Nancy and Tristan with some comments about the other celebs.

For the record those who think Nancy is right wing, she is a democrat and supported Obama.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/nancy-grace-fan-favorite-dwts-14427331?&clipId=14427331&playlistId=-1&cid=siteplayer

Love that clip Lili! What a character she is and how sweet is Tristan?

This is shaping up to be a good series!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There may be a lot of controversy this season but I don't think it will be boring.

Nancy is southern style fiery lawyer. She studied Shakespearian literature until her fiancee was killed and she decided to go to law school and become a prosecutor. She is the stuff of tv shows especially if you ever heard one of her closing arguments. People either love her or hate her. Tristan is indeed adorable and I can't wait to see how he copes with her. He looks like he is doing okay.

And Carson what a riot. There is criticism of Chaz but he is also gaining support also. We will see how it all plays out.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad Derek is back this season.
    I hope it is being shown on Watch this time.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am confident Chaz is 100% safe in the first elimination.