DWTS UK Pace - Week 4

ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm scared to click on the US pace thread!

I actually do know who left this (last) week, but I'm only just watching the show now - I'd rather wait for Watch than see them on You Tube (although I did already look up the Footloose stuff because I couldn't wait!)

So - anyone else watching? I LOVED that opening pro number with the fire and the light sabres! :D

Comments

• StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Movie Scores week was very good...last night...Couldn't believe how well the music was, and just right for all the Dances....JR's Pink Panther Fox T, was amazing....and not being a Fan of Ricki...I still thought her Psycho Tango, was stunning.
    Hope as Jess...;)

And Carson the Pirate.... hilarious.
  • Loracan1Loracan1 Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    That tango was amazing - there are no words to describe it (that don't make it sound ridiculous)
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ricki & Derek's tango was just wonderful, really fabulous. It just shows how amazingly creative Derek is, he rarely does run of the mill standard dances, his choreography is just amazing.

I also really enjoyed Hope & Maks, that was a really sweet dance. I have no idea about the film or the characters (never seen the film) but what a touching dance.

I think it's a shame Chynna's gone. That wasn't a good dance, but she had so much potential, and I do like Tony.
    Forum Member
    Elanor wrote: »

I also really enjoyed Hope & Maks, that was a really sweet dance. I have no idea about the film or the characters (never seen the film) but what a touching dance.
    Randy Newman's... 'You've got a friend in me', from Toy Story... the Film's not just for Kids.:)
  • RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Ricki & Derek's tango was just wonderful, really fabulous. It just shows how amazingly creative Derek is, he rarely does run of the mill standard dances, his choreography is just amazing.

I think it's a shame Chynna's gone. That wasn't a good dance, but she had so much potential, and I do like Tony.

Loved Ricki and Derek, shame about Chynna, such an elegant dancer, one of the favourites, but she did lose the plot and the judges can't give marks for potential if the dancers don't deliver.
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felt for Chynna - how many dancers out there can put their hands on their heart and truthfully say they have never messed up? I would like to have seen her get another chance, especially as there are far worse dancers in the show. But how sweet was Tony - I think he's lovely.

Weird having the same entertainment for dwts as scd. Julianne and the Flashdance group were great; but Julianne is so good that I felt she made her partner look a little tame by comparison.

Susan Boyle? She was absolutely dire on both shows.

Did wonder if Julianne would dance with Mark as he was her dance partner, but wasn't she just fabulous with Derek? What an amazingly talented pair they are.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »

Did wonder if Julianne would dance with Mark as he was her dance partner, but wasn't she just fabulous with Derek? What an amazingly talented pair they are.

Makes you sick, doesn't it? :D I always think how much they'd show up the Strictly pros if they were put side to side, both in dance technique and style and choreographic creativity.

Did you ever see this Derek & Julianne jive?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yZLs8YIpA8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That physco Tango was just utterly stunning.
    So lovely to see Julianne on the show again. I've missed her but after watching Footloose the other night its clear she belongs in the big screen.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kaycee wrote: »
    Felt for Chynna - how many dancers out there can put their hands on their heart and truthfully say they have never messed up? I would like to have seen her get another chance, especially as there are far worse dancers in the show. But how sweet was Tony - I think he's lovely.

Finally watched this - such a shame for Chynna as I thought she was a lovely dancer. When they did the recap on the results show, you could hear her saying she didn't know what was happening then Tony saying 'stand up, ronde, run' and so on - really felt for them.

But just as on SCD, they love an underdog on DWTS and I can see Chaz and Carson going a long way before they are voted out.
    Forum Member
    Camis wrote: »
    But just as on SCD, they love an underdog on DWTS and I can see Chaz and Carson going a long way before they are voted out.
    One down...One to go

Nancy is a Pain....:mad:

And that Pro Dancer....with the Lovely Hope, will be the main Reason they get Voted off....

And JR, is still the one to beat.....he is going to Win It.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,679
    Forum Member
    Thanks for this thread, Elanor.

Haven't watch Monday's show yet, usually catch up at the weekend but can't resist a quick preview of JR and Derek earlier in the week - probably tonight!

I think JR is the one to beat too - unless he has an Austin Healey week.