Options

Adenike Ogundoyin is dead...

george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
Forum Member
Hi...

I was just wondering if people knew that Adenike, who took part in Series 1 of The Apprentice, has died now? She actually died in September 2011, so this thread is about a year late... but I've only just joined Digital Spy recently, and there doesn't appear to be anything else about this on the boards, so I thought I'd put it up. It was hardly reported at all in the UK, most of the reports are from Nigeria, where she is from.

She was fired in the first task of Series 1, which involved selling flowers, and she clashed with Saira on the task. To the best of my knowledge, she is the first Apprentice person to die (correct me if I am wrong here). So it's slightly ironic that the first person to be fired is also the first to die. If the next to go is Lindsay Bogaard, we'll know something spooky is going on.

Rest in peace.

Comments

• Options
    dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember her. That's quite a shock, actually.

On the first to be eliminated/fired is first to die thing, Jason Wood, the first contestant out of Strictly, also was and still is the first to die. :eek:

ETA: She collapsed at a meeting, which makes it even more sad. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    On the first to be eliminated/fired is first to die thing, Jason Wood, the first contestant out of Strictly, also was and still is the first to die. :eek:

I know about the Jason Wood thing as well. Has this happened with any other reality shows/competitions?

I'm not so sure about the collapsing at a meeting thing. She died in London, but some reports say she collapsed at a meeting, while others say she died while holidaying... it seems odd that she was at a meeting while on holiday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She died in London, but some reports say she collapsed at a meeting, while others say she died while holidaying... it seems odd that she was at a meeting while on holiday.

This is why you should never mix business with pleasure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if the flowers at her funeral were delivered to the undertaker in the middle of the night?

(Sorry, I know it's not a nice thing to make jokes about, but I just couldn't resist this one!)
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, this is sad - she was only 37. Think I started watching mid-way through the first series so don't think I ever saw her...
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    How very sad. There is a nice tribute site out there to her. She was obviously loved and is missed.

RIP
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    dondfan998 wrote: »
    I remember her. That's quite a shock, actually.

I can't remember the name of the first ever evictee on Big Brother but I know that, whilst she isn't dead, she was very seriously ill with chicken pox for a while a few years ago.

R.I.P. Adenike.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mo mouse wrote: »
    I can't remember the name of the first ever evictee on Big Brother but I know that, whilst she isn't dead, she was very seriously ill with chicken pox for a while a few years ago.

She was called Sada (I watched the start of Series 1 on YouTube very recently, that's how I remember.) No one actually knows if Sada is still alive or not, she keeps an extraordinarily low profile and no one really knows where she is, so she could be...
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sophia from big brother died about a year or so ago.....she was quite nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sophia from big brother died about a year or so ago.....she was quite nice.

I didn't like Sophia at all, I thought she was really nasty to Saffia (who I did like). I think Sophia and obviously Jade are the only Big Brother people to die, although as I said Sada is unknown... she keeps such a low profile people don't know if she's still around. She was young, so likely to be though.
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...she keeps such a low profile people don't know if she's still around. She was young, so likely to be though.

She did a couple of adverts, released a book and then moved to Indie to continue her yoga training. Not exactly low profile but not shouting from the rooftops, either...
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I didn't like Sophia at all, I thought she was really nasty to Saffia (who I did like). I think Sophia and obviously Jade are the only Big Brother people to die, although as I said Sada is unknown... she keeps such a low profile people don't know if she's still around. She was young, so likely to be though.

3 BBs have died IIRC

Ken Russell, Jade Goody and Sophia?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    She did a couple of adverts, released a book and then moved to Indie to continue her yoga training. Not exactly low profile but not shouting from the rooftops, either...

Yeah, I know that, but she's low-profile now. It says on Wikipedia that she is believed to be working in a London bistro, but no one is quite sure.
    pothuthic wrote: »
    3 BBs have died IIRC

Ken Russell, Jade Goody and Sophia?

I wasn't counting Celebrity.