Options

Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 267)

Comments

• Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    No, it's just Syed :)

And Amira :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

JUST TO RUB IT IN EE.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I know but blah not interested :sleep:
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    He's not mentioned in the spoilers so I think that's it for him.

Though, I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, here but it would be good on EastEnders part to try and get Gary Lucy back. I think Danny would be a good interesting, different kind of villian, especially with the power struggles and means to control.

I really think he's the kind of villian Albert Square needs, not these annoying gangster Derek types.

I agree.

I actually think Gary came alive a bit more when he started to threaten Syed, so he'd definately make a good 'bad boy' character.
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PoppyMay wrote: »
    JUST TO RUB IT IN EE.

If it helps she's probably not in it much tonight (probably just the one scene where she arrives) because she's riiight near the bottom of the cast list.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    He's not mentioned in the spoilers so I think that's it for him.

Though, I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, here but it would be good on EastEnders part to try and get Gary Lucy back. I think Danny would be a good interesting, different kind of villian, especially with the power struggles and means to control.

I really think he's the kind of villian Albert Square needs, not these annoying gangster Derek types. :rolleyes:

Of course I am pissed at what he's done to Chryed, but really the bulk of my venom is directed at BK now :sleep:, and I think as standalone character, he'd work.

Very rare standalone characters work. The last one that was such a big hit IMO was Steve Owen. Danny has some shades of him. :)

Not a Danny fan btw. :o

Danny worked much better as a villain and Gary certainly seemed more comfortable in that kind of role. It's so funny how Danny made a more believable villain in a few episodes than Derek's made all year!

I'm not sure I can see him working as a more permanent character though because he was brought in as a plot device for Chryed. so he's served his purpose now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been so disgusted with the s/l I forgot Amira's returning. But it's the last scene yeah? I can block on Thursday instead.

She needs a slap. Always.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm not sure I can see him working as a more permanent character though because he was brought in as a plot device for Chryed. so he's served his purpose now.

*cough* Amira *cough*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zainab doesn't know about Danny does she? Surely she's going to wonder why their marriage has suddenly collapsed? I can't for a second imagine Syed's going to tell her, unless Masood does.

I'm not quite sure how she'd react if she knew.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still thought there was no chemistry. The cringe dialogue did it. Plus compare 'blood tissue feelings' with 'then why does it feel so right?' and it's like, mate, please.
  • Options
    demented yoyodemented yoyo Posts: 4,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JUST TO RUB IT IN EE.

I was going to say 'And Amira, PoppyMay's favourite person' - but I'm not that brave/insane :o
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I agree! GL was great in the role once they got past all the cringey terrible flirting at the start, the character was pretty good I thought (in spite of some horrible, horrible lines :sleep:)! My hatred of all this has nothing to do with the character at all, really! I enjoyed him in the latter half when he was being all threatening and menacing, anyway, it really worked.

Yep this... though I won't be watching anyway, should EE decide to lure him back next year. :sleep:

You want I really hope though....

THAT I NEVER SHIP ANOTHER COUPLE AGAIN!

I know the chances of that are slim because I'm like a moth to a flame when it comes to fandoms. I've shipped so many couples over the years and still do but the only ones I've really cared about have been Shannis and Chryed.

I don't think I'd be able to handle it if I got sucked in under these intensities again. :sleep: Plus it hurts too much.:cry: Please who ever is up there.... LET ME LIVE MY LIFE!

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still thought there was no chemistry. The cringe dialogue did it. Plus compare 'blood tissue feelings' with 'then why doesn't it feel so right?' and it's like, mate, please.

There was a bit of chemistry in the kiss ep and they had a good amount in the stag night and afterwards, but before that it was painful how chemistry-free it was. Tbf, though, I don't think Ellitridge themselves could have made stuff like 'Don't like doing dirty work then?' 'Depends who it's with' work. :sleep:

I think you'll find it was 'so why does it feel so good?' :sleep: I have said that A LOT. It was so, so bad. Still can't believe Danny got laid off the back of that. Shameful, Syed.

edit: I've just realised this makes me sound like some kind of Danyed obsessive. I should point out I have the dialogue memorised because it was so terrible not because I am closeted fan. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to say 'And Amira, PoppyMay's favourite person' - but I'm not that brave/insane :o

:D /proud
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still thought there was no chemistry. The cringe dialogue did it. Plus compare 'blood tissue feelings' with 'then why does it feel so right?' and it's like, mate, please.

They did have some chemistry but the dialogue wasn't too clever and neither was their screentime - though I'm sure most people are glad about this. :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Hello - just catching up. Quite liked the Chryed scenes last night. The 'daddy' scene :cry:

Don't quite believe Syed wouldn't be able to say I love you to Christian, but hey, I missed of something in the storyline. :p

I had to laugh at Zainab at the end, whether it intended to be funny or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a bit of chemistry in the kiss ep and they had a good amount in the stag night and afterwards, but before that it was painful how chemistry-free it was. Tbf, though, I don't think Ellitridge themselves could have made stuff like 'Don't like doing dirty work then?' 'Depends who it's with' work. :sleep:

I think you'll find it was 'so why does it feel so good?' :sleep: I have said that A LOT. It was so, so bad. Still can't believe Danny got laid off the back of that. Shameful, Syed.

Plus Marc was disgusted with the s/l development probs. I love how we've been able to tell when the actors are , er, less than enthused - see Piper kiss ep.

Lawson's eps were OK but it was like spark to a flame in comparison to Christian yumminess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god I don't want to have to see Amira WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY EE
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    Re: yesterday - they've done well with the new Yasmin actress. She looked quite down and upset yesterday - as she would be with her daddies arguing. And saying "Daddy" too. Quite the little thespian!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because Chryed can't have a proper storyline without her :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening all, here for the live ep......lets see what Zee has to say about the state of Chryed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teapot2 wrote: »
    Because Chryed can't have a proper storyline without her :sleep:

Yes, she is the lynchpin of the entire Chryed storyline lbr.

Though I wouldn't call this a 'proper' storyline. :sleep:
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member

I think it's tonight when she just rocks up to tell Syed that she wants Yasmin? so hopefully not too much screentime lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evening :)

I'm not sure what's happening tonight. Is Amira back?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, she is the lynchpin of the entire Chryed storyline lbr.

Though I wouldn't call this a 'proper' storyline. :sleep:

Character annihilation might be more appropriate. :sleep:
This discussion has been closed.