Reasons to adore Matt

Comments

• mamamiamamamia Posts: 2,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coen wrote: »
    It might seem to be splitting hairs to you, but he's had a number one song with someone elses music. Not his own.

I'm not trying to put him down or anything, it's just that for me, the music that an artist actually writes themselves is the most important thing. So it was interesting to me that that was the only thing about Matt you didnt mention.

Lots of people have a number one songs that are 'other peoples' XFactor contestants do what they are given,Matt does write his own music,his fans know that so it's a given.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolWtf wrote: »
    Why?

Just because you don't think the same way makes the OP desperate?

This is correct.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why?

Just because you don't think the same way makes the OP desperate?

Not desperate,just have very good taste in men Gerard Butler being one of my faves:Dalong with Matty of course
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two things:

TFTEISYF and Nights In White Satin.

Nuff said :D

And like you say, "#1 with someone else's single", urm yes, like every other XF contender. JLS "Club I Alive" was #1... not their song, Leona's album, with cover songs, including "Run" by Snow Patrol (also a #1), again, not her song. The only people not to have a cover is Alexandra and Olly.

Matt is not likely to be taking that route like other XF contestants.. he just did this because they gave it to him. I'm sure most of his music will be his, unless Syco want to ambush him with cover songs.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    So...his appearance? Hard sell, I'm afraid.
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is correct.

In that case I could say anyone who likes Cher is just desperate?

But no, you're wrong, just because you don't like someone it doesn't make people that do, desperate :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mamamia wrote: »
    Not desperate,just have very good taste in men Gerard Butler being one of my faves:Dalong with Matty of course

Lol I would love to agree but I don't find Matt at all attractive :p

It's only his voice that I like I'm afraid :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a dedicated appreciation thread. How about this kind of blind adulation is kept there?

Now, if anyone is up for a "Matt Cardle Total Indifference Thread", count me in.

I am aware of that, and a huge FB it has too,If you can't see it was a 'lighthearted' thread for once then that is a shame,some people are quite happy to make numerous anti Matt' threads,I am spreading the Matt love,lol,I am not into pulling people apart all the time,especially ones that I don't know,but if that's what floats your boat,wonder why you sauntered into the thread anyway:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I would love to agree but I don't find Matt at all attractive :p

It's only his voice that I like I'm afraid :)

:DLOL,I'll forgive you;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am aware of that, and a huge FB it has too,If you can't see it was a 'lighthearted' thread for once then that is a shame,some people are quite happy to make numerous anti Matt' threads,I am spreading the Matt love,lol,I am not into pulling people apart all the time,especially ones that I don't know,but if that's what floats your boat,wonder why you sauntered into the thread anyway:rolleyes:

I agree with this!

Is it in the T&C that positive threads aren't allowed on the MF :eek:
    :DLOL,I'll forgive you;)

Thank you :D
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    Two things:

TFTEISYF and Nights In White Satin.

Nuff said :D

And like you say, "#1 with someone else's single", urm yes, like every other XF contender. JLS "Club I Alive" was #1... not their song, Leona's album, with cover songs, including "Run" by Snow Patrol (also a #1), again, not her song. The only people not to have a cover is Alexandra and Olly.

Matt is not likely to be taking that route like other XF contestants.. he just did this because they gave it to him. I'm sure most of his music will be his, unless Syco want to ambush him with cover songs.

That's my point though! We keep hearing how Matt will be unlike other winners because he's this musician and songwriter, and how he will be writing his own music, so I found it interesting that the only thing not mentioned in the original post in the list of reasons to adore Matt was....his own music! :D

I have nothing against him, but I'll wait to see what he comes out with post X Factor before joining the love-in. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great thread, about time someone said it as it is. I'm a Matt Lover too, in just about all ways possible (from a distance sadly :( ). I just fell for him the first moment I saw him on XF, and nothing has changed my views, OP has it spot on - kudos to you! :D
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Matt's got the same first name as me, so clearly he must be awesome. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Great thread, about time someone said it as it is. I'm a Matt Lover too, in just about all ways possible (from a distance sadly :( ). I just fell for him the first moment I saw him on XF, and nothing has changed my views, OP has it spot on - kudos to you! :D

High fives and hugs:D
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must be desperate

I am.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi meglosmurmurs.

*flutters eyelashes
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

his beard is similar to mine .. which increases his awesomeness :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness someone is spreading sweetness and light and "Good will to all men" on MF! :D:D:D About time we had some positivity on here!!! :D

I love Matts music BTW Seven Summers is awesome!:D
  • VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member
    I like Matt but what the heck is he doing with a book out in the shops? I saw it today in WH Smiths and I was like "WTH". When did that happen? Have I been hiding under a rock?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vengie wrote: »
    I like Matt but what the heck is he doing with a book out in the shops? I saw it today in WH Smiths and I was like "WTH". When did that happen? Have I been hiding under a rock?

Whoever had won would have had the book out, it's just another way of SC making money.
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vengie wrote: »

All the finalists did. They just released the winners. Its basically a document of their X Factor journey, with loads of pictures and thinks that he has said in interviews.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I am.

:D:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone said I looked like him the other day, so clearly he must be hot.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Hi meglosmurmurs.

*flutters eyelashes

Is that connection all that is needed? :D
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone said I looked like him the other day, so clearly he must be hot.

Was that when he was ill?:p