foxsat HDR

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi there, I'm trying to connect an external drive to the above but the instructions say a screen will pop up, this hasn't happened, anyone know how to get this to work?
If I get it to work, will it play directly fro the external drive or di I need to transfer the files, I only have 3% of the drive left for imgages and music so can transfer without re-formatting.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• REPASSACREPASSAC Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newbee wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm trying to connect an external drive to the above but the instructions say a screen will pop up, this hasn't happened, anyone know how to get this to work?
    If I get it to work, will it play directly fro the external drive or di I need to transfer the files, I only have 3% of the drive left for imgages and music so can transfer without re-formatting.

Thanks in advance

The drive needs to be formatted in either FAT32 (Limits file sizes to 4GB) , EXT2 or EXT3.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    REPASSAC wrote: »
    The drive needs to be formatted in either FAT32 (Limits file sizes to 4GB) , EXT2 or EXT3.

Thanks, which drive do you advise re-formatting, the external drive is already formatted to Fat32 but when plugged in there is no pop up screen

Thanks again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, which drive do you advise re-formatting, the external drive is already formatted to Fat32 but when plugged in there is no pop up screen

Thanks again

Is it in a powed or unpowered caddy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it in a powed or unpowered caddy?

unpowered
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unpowered

That could be your problem - a hard disk draws a lot of power - and there is not much power capacity spare - solid state drives, might be OK, as are USB sticks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That could be your problem - a hard disk draws a lot of power - and there is not much power capacity spare - solid state drives, might be OK, as are USB sticks.

Whats a solid state drive, if I remember correctly I did try a USB stick and nothing popped up, could it be that I should plug it in the back of the box!

it did light up when plugged in though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats a solid state drive, if I remember correctly I did try a USB stick and nothing popped up, could it be that I should plug it in the back of the box!

it did light up when plugged in though.

A solid state drive is one that does not spin i.e. A drive made from flash memory (expensive per MB, Fast if SATA connected to a PC)..

I would check the memory stick is FAT32. The popup is only on screen briefly and any socket will do.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    A solid state drive is one that does not spin i.e. A drive made from flash memory (expensive per MB, Fast if SATA connected to a PC)..

I would check the memory stick is FAT32. The popup is only on screen briefly and any socket will do.

I have ssd in my laptop and PC, Very very very fast and not overly expensive these days
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If the pop up is only visable fot a few seconds how do you operate the drive without screens.
  • daver34daver34 Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the pop up is only visable fot a few seconds how do you operate the drive without screens.

Via the media button on remote control,media page list`s all recordings, + at the top of screen is box marked HDD ,which is used for accessing external devices via red button (change device).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daver34 wrote: »
    Via the media button on remote control,media page list`s all recordings, + at the top of screen is box marked HDD ,which is used for accessing external devices via red button (change device).

Thanks for that