Local TV frequencies on Astra

JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
Forum Member
I have just discovered Cardiff's local TV station Made In Wales on my Sky programme guide - channel 134.. They have some good programming.

Does anyone know the satellite frequencies for any othe local stations please, so that I can load them in ?

Comments

• stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    STV Glasgow
    12610V *
    22.0 & FEC 5/6
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    London live
    12610V
    22.0 & FEC 5/6
  • ResonanceResonance Posts: 16,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made in Leeds - it's labelled 55317

11681V

27.5 FEC 2/3

Also Made in Bristol/Made in Cardiff (labelled as such) on the same frequency etc.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a point to note though these arent free to air they are free to view, so they need a Sky card do decode, meaning you can only view on a Sky box with a Sky viewing card and the card needs to be paired, but it doesnt need to have any subs on it.
    I know this wont affect the OP, but others may not know this.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    London live
    12610V
    22.0 & FEC 5/6

London Live is a contradiction in terms because virtually none of it is live and consists of endless repeats of London's Burning, not my idea of local TV (but thanks to Jeremy Hunt).
  • the forgemasterthe forgemaster Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    London Live is a contradiction in terms because virtually none of it is live and consists of endless repeats of London's Burning, not my idea of local TV (but thanks to Jeremy Hunt).

Sheffield Live! is also guilty of the same - if you discount 17 hours a day of radio simulcasts to stills of Sheffield, and several hours a week of DJs nodding their heads to their favourite beatz - all filler, no killer
  • Alan ThewAlan Thew Posts: 857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Just a point to note though these arent free to air they are free to view, so they need a Sky card do decode, meaning you can only view on a Sky box with a Sky viewing card and the card needs to be paired, but it doesnt need to have any subs on it.
    I know this wont affect the OP, but others may not know this.

Why are they being encrypted? Won't this be costing more money than broadcasting free to air?
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Thew wrote: »
    Why are they being encrypted? Won't this be costing more money than broadcasting free to air?

From what I have heard its rights issues apparently its cheaper to buy the rights for a small area and encrypt on satellite than broadcast free to air on satellite, that's as the channels obviously aimed at just a small local audience and the advertising is very local, so I presume that it wouldn't pay for country wide rights.
    However if you have a Sky viewing card paired to your box they cant block you (or a least they dont), viewing out of region, although you have to tune manually of course, I suppose that the few that do this aren't considered a problem as regards rights issues?
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info. I will load them in later all being well
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    Now have all 5 stations loaded in and immediately enjoyed 30 of pure joy on Made In Leeds. The Siren Sisters doing their Andrews Sisters act. Lovely !

Now watching Chris Segar (formerly The Ferret on ITV Wales) doing a programme about Pontypridd. It's obviously intended for Made In Cardiff but today it's on Made In Bristol.
  • Malcolm AJMalcolm AJ Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For future reference, this list below (frequently updated) appears near the start of this page, after 28.2 east tests

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2028521

LOCAL CHANNELS

12.610 V SR 22000 FEC 5/6: London Live (*) (on 117 in region 1, 18, 64, 66 and 70)
    12.610 V SR 22000 FEC 5/6: STV Glasgow (*) (50894) (on 117 in region 37)
    11.681 V SR 22000 FEC 5/6: Made In Leeds (*) (55317) (on 117 in region 08)
    11.681 V SR 22000 FEC 5/6: Made In Cardiff(*) (55316) (on 117 in region 43)
    11.681 V SR 22000 FEC 5/6: Made In Bristol (*) (55315) (on 117 in region 04)
    12.545 H SR 22000 FEC 5/6: Made In Tyne & Wear (*) (50430) (on 117 in region tbc)
  • wal28wal28 Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a football fan the one thing that might be of interest to me (and I realise I am writing hypthetically here) is tape delay coverage of the local football league games with a local commentator much like coverage of Man Utd games on MUTV etc.

Realise for London Live getting access to Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea games wouldn't be possible but for some of the other local London teams both in the Premiership and in the football leagues this could be a really interesting development. I believe the rights for the games cede back to the club after a certain period has elapsed.

I suppose this harks back to a comment made by someone in relation to BBC Alba - the most watched thing on the channel is the football coverage (because you don't need to speak Gaelic to work out what's going on!).