Options

I actually like One Direction!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
Forum Member
Okay you could say I'm a "teenybopper" as I am 17... but I'm not usually interested in boybands. Also, my music taste varies from any type of genre! The reason I like 1d is because I actually think they're good & a band should win this year! I liked Cher after her 1st audition but now she's toooo cocky! My favourite also used to be Rebecca but now I am actually backing One Direction to win! I'm going to be honest & say that I do think they're good looking (esp Zayn) but that's not why I'm voting! Any other One Direction fans on here?

Comments

• Options
    wooooooooooooopwooooooooooooop Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meeeeeee!!!!

go Us! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Meeeeeee!!!!

go Us! :)

Yessss definitely go us :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too! :D:D:D
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
  • Options
    amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    They're not my favourites but I like them too and would love to see them in the final 3 with Matt and Rebecca.

PS- I'm 35 so no teeny!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yaay I'm glad there's more of us, I can hardly find fans due to the hatred of one direction on here :O & thankyou yohinnchild I haven't come across that thread before!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    im a one direction fan!!! and i really want them to win and no im not a 'tweenie' lol
  • Options
    GhostlyMaryGhostlyMary Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    I'm not a teen but would love to see One Direction. I don't normally support boybands in these contests but the other remaining contestants are either dull or dislikeable or both.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meeeeeeeeee. toooooooooo
    and I am not a teeny bopper. All the women in my office + 1 gay guy love them, so not just the teens.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I neither like nor dislike them. If I was a teenie I'd fancy Harry so I can see their appeal.
  • Options
    ~Jane~~Jane~ Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a fan and no teeny as im 27!

voted for them this last week aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    And me, I love them. And I am certainly not a teenie. All my friends love them too so I think they appeal to a lot more than just the teens.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    vixs wrote: »
    And me, I love them. And I am certainly not a teenie. All my friends love them too so I think they appeal to a lot more than just the teens.

The trouble with this forum is th it likes to generalise over fanbases:

Mary - Irish Vote
    Matt - Housewives Vote
    Cher - Chav Vote

etc etc etc

Its so easy to bad mouth OD because the majority of their fans are probably teens - however looking at some of the comments that have been posted it wouldn't matter what OD do they just wont be liked on DS - So people may as well say nothing. Its the same with any boyband on the x factor. JLS were continually slated on here whilst being on the show - however I guess they got away with more as Eoghan was in the show.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Mary - Irish Vote
    Matt - Housewives Vote
    Cher - Chav Vote

etc etc etc

Its so easy to bad mouth OD because the majority of their fans are probably teens - however looking at some of the comments that have been posted it wouldn't matter what OD do they just wont be liked on DS - So people may as well say nothing. Its the same with any boyband on the x factor. JLS were continually slated on here whilst being on the show - however I guess they got away with more as Eoghan was in the show.

Well said. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yaay I'm glad there's more of us, I can hardly find fans due to the hatred of one direction on here :O & thankyou yohinnchild I haven't come across that thread before!

I wouldn't say there was much "hatred" for One Direction. More a case of "common sense" so people realise they are not very good.
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Mary - Irish Vote
    Matt - Housewives Vote
    Cher - Chav Vote

etc etc etc

Yes it's easy to bad mouth one direction, because of one simple reason. They are not very good.

There are many of us who can look beyond the shrieking teenies and ridiculous over-praising of the judges, and the fact at least two of them just do not sing at all. I know many boy band members are taken along for the ride, but this is so blatantly obvious manipulation. They are probably very nice boys, but In terms of collective talent they fall well short of any one left in the competition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them alright, nice enough lads, pleasant enough voices, but nothing we havent seen before many hundreds of times.

Same could be said of the majority of X Factor contestants I guess.

I enjoy watching them each week, and Simon has picked some good tunes for them so thats enough for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Mary - Irish Vote
    Matt - Housewives Vote
    Cher - Chav Vote

Chav vote lol that made me laugh!
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like them, there is an energy and a bonding between the band members which is infectious. I don't think they have had the best choice of songs though.

Whilst Matt is obviously the best singer, Rebecca who would be good for background music when you have friends round, and Mary good for James Bond themes and Royal Variety, it's 1D and Cher who I look forward to seeing on X Factor.
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't say there was much "hatred" for One Direction. More a case of "common sense" so people realise they are not very good.

I think they are really good. They were by far my favourites last week. Does that mean I have no common sense?

I am in my 50s and have been to loads of live gigs over the last few years, I accept that some of the bands I like, Killers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys etc may not be to everyone's taste but I really don't understand what that has to do with common sense!
  • Options
    NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them they are soo cute (and I am in my 30's) I just want to pinch their little cheeks. As boybands go they sing quite well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You guys do realise that only half the band sings right?

Everytime there's a chorus they turn on the pre-recorded backing vocals.

Just look at the performance at the judges house to see poor old Zane doing his 'Ant and Seb' act and even worse, the guy on the far right bravely lip-synching along with Harry.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are really good. They were by far my favourites last week. Does that mean I have no common sense?

I am in my 50s and have been to loads of live gigs over the last few years, I accept that some of the bands I like, Killers, Kings of Leon, Arctic Monkeys etc may not be to everyone's taste but I really don't understand what that has to do with common sense!

As you are over 14 and think they are really good, then, yes, a lack of common sense, I'm afraid.

Harry should have gone solo. Liam is a decent singer but not very distinctive or interesting sounding. The others are not good singers (one has almost never sung a word). Take Harry away, put paper bags on their heads and they would be awful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a fan of 1D but I think they should sing Teenage Dream this weekend, personally I think it's perfect for them :)
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you are over 14 and think they are really good, Harry should have gone solo. Liam is a decent singer but not very distinctive or interesting sounding. The others are not good singers (one has almost never sung a word). Take Harry away, put paper bags on their heads and they would be awful.

In your opinion of course! And as you are obviously so sensible who are you voting/supporting?

I like them altho didn't think they had a good week last week. I like them because there is no back story just 5 young lads enjoying the dream without Diva behaviour or histrionics.

I do agree the BV can be a bit loud in places but no more than the others. Cher has has had masses of BV's and Wagner and Matt in Come together but no one comments about these acts BV's.