Options

S Club 7

EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
Forum Member
✭✭
Hey is anyone going to see them on tour this month? They release a greatest hits album on Monday with a new song called Rain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYKXjsUJy2Y

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Yes, for my sins lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    I'm going to see them in Manchester next Friday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I'm going to the O2 on the 16th. Excited!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan_Miell wrote: »
    I'm going to the O2 on the 16th. Excited!

Snap :D
  • Options
    Thom001Thom001 Posts: 939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend of mine had plans to go and was going to invite me to come along for the ride.

Let's face it, I'm not a fan at all :D However, I was familiar with them at the time and do actually know a number of their songs in the relatively short 3 and a half period they were around for. :blush: I guess the reason why I paid as much attention to them as I did was I developed a huge crush for Rachel Stevens :blush: She is still a gorgeous looking woman, I have to admit. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to see them in Manchester next Friday.

Im seeing them in Leeds on 19th May
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't looking forward to it to be honest, my friend persuaded me to go. I'm actually pretty excited now from listening to the Greatest Hits album on the way to work this morning 😂😂
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't looking forward to it to be honest, my friend persuaded me to go. I'm actually pretty excited now from listening to the Greatest Hits album on the way to work this morning 😂😂

Let me know if its really good tomorrow night.
  • Options
    tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There hasnt been much hype around this reunion, the steps reunion was really popular!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    I went last night and it was great!! Jo's voice has improved a lot from when they first reunited on children in need, they each had a chance to sing solo as well , e.g Rachel singing LA Ex, I felt like a child all over again!!!
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    tim18 wrote: »
    There hasnt been much hype around this reunion, the steps reunion was really popular!

Steps had a TV series to help create the hype. S Club have done nothing really apart from that CIN performance nearly 6 months months ago. It's a shame they haven't done more.

Can't wait to see them tomorrow though :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DalianR wrote: »
    I went last night and it was great!! Jo's voice has improved a lot from when they first reunited on children in need, they each had a chance to sing solo as well , e.g Rachel singing LA Ex, I felt like a child all over again!!!

Which songs are mimed and which songs are not mimed?
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I thought about going because I didn't bother getting Steps tickets then saw their concert on TV and totally regretted not getting tickets because they were actually surprisingly good and I have it on DVD now. But seeing how awful they were on Children in Need [and when I say awful, it was actually cringeworthy] put me right off getting tickets
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to the Liverpool show on Wednesday can't wait. Who's the support act ?
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The support act is some American DJ and a new American singer who's only 16. Saw them in Newcastle on Saturday night, they were great! The girls have all aged well, especially Rachel and my personal favourite Hannah, who was visibly sweating when wearing her quite revealing bikini top, mmm, the mind boggles...

Anyway, great show, especially Reach, which was always my favourite song of theirs. Go see 'em!
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Which songs are mimed and which songs are not mimed?

None of them were mimed as far as I could tell. A couple of the songs were sung over backing tracks, but the mics were still on.

Jo's vocals were fantastic, as were the others. However, Hannah and Tina seemed particularly squeaky.

Good show though. Nice that they beefed up most of their songs. Was quite dubsteppy in places. Very loud too.

I would say it was quite disjointed though. After most songs it went dark for a couple of seconds when they got ready for the next song. Plus there wasn't much chatter. They started off by introducing each other, but then they stopped doing that. So when Hannah came on for example, she just appeared, sang a random cover, then disappeared. Was slightly awkward.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Concert was fantastic. Brought back lots of memories from my early teens. Full of nostalgia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I thought about going because I didn't bother getting Steps tickets then saw their concert on TV and totally regretted not getting tickets because they were actually surprisingly good and I have it on DVD now. But seeing how awful they were on Children in Need [and when I say awful, it was actually cringeworthy] put me right off getting tickets

To be fair, people aren't really going to see S Club 7 because of the vocal masterclass they'll put on (even if some of them are good singers when they sing well). It's for the nostalgia and to listen to some great pop song. I can't wait for Saturday!
  • Options
    RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    To be fair, people aren't really going to see S Club 7 because of the vocal masterclass they'll put on (even if some of them are good singers when they sing well). It's for the nostalgia and to listen to some great pop song. I can't wait for Saturday!

Indeed. I'm not seeing them but from what I seen on YT clips, they have all (especially Jo) improved a lot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed. I'm not seeing them but from what I seen on YT clips, they have all (especially Jo) improved a lot.

I imagine Jo will shine more when they do Never Had A Dream Come True, or Have You Ever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Approx. what time are SC7 on/off stage?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Seeing them at the O2 #guiltypleasure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Approx. what time are SC7 on/off stage?

Anyone lol?!
  • Options
    Lucy Van PeltLucy Van Pelt Posts: 11,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not a fan of their music (apart from Don't Stop Movin') but I do hope that they are actually going to be finally paid a decent wage for their gigs

I read that they ended up earning and were left with next to nothing in their heyday despite the high record sales and the tv shows
  • Options
    BeatsDuJourBeatsDuJour Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Reach is good.