what are your favourite moments from the show over the years

Comments

• TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    well fellow Bill fans our beloved show is sadly nearing the end of the road

what are your favourite moments from the show over the years

Mine has to be "the Burnside years" with Chris Ellison portraying Frank Burnside and dear old Tosh Lines (RIP)
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey Webb infiltrating "The Brittania" football crew and Carver's fall into alcoholism.
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Lots of good memories, I loved it when Cathy Bradford lost it and Gina Gold referred to her as "Cathy Madford".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,587
    Forum Member
    My fsavourite would be the Don Beech time when he was outed as a corrupt cop
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The credits!
  • madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Mickey Webb infiltrating "The Brittania" football crew and Carver's fall into alcoholism.
    FreddieP wrote: »
    Lots of good memories, I loved it when Cathy Bradford lost it and Gina Gold referred to her as "Cathy Madford".
    kwscott wrote: »
    My fsavourite would be the Don Beech time when he was outed as a corrupt cop

All of these. I loved the serial killer as well. That lady who turned out to be the serial killer and in the end held Samantha hostage. I think that was her name.

There are too many to mention. I remember when Dave got attacked. That was really good episode. Too many to mention.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Reg and the guy from Brookside going to the seaside.Spying on Reg's missus at a business conference.Never laughed so much in years.The Scouse guy chatting up the hotties at the seafront!.
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    :D Reg and the guy from Brookside going to the seaside.Spying on Reg's missus at a business conference.Never laughed so much in years.The Scouse guy chatting up the hotties at the seafront!.

Poor Reg. He attempted suicide when he found out they'd axed him.
  • rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah then the show got axed some time later... Oh the irony!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    Poor Reg. He attempted suicide when he found out they'd axed him.

:( Yeah,all those gambling habits must've weighed heavily on his mind.I think he accepted it in the end though.Still.I haven't seen him on the telly since then.Hope he's doing ok.
    Forum Member
    I know they started bringing The Bill out on DVD.

I hope they do a best episodes DVD box-set or something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Thinking abour Reg.I guess most stations have a 'Reg' on their staff.
    My brother(now retired) was in the Police.Whilst still serving,he'd told me about their very own 'Reg'.Nice guy,but he was the butt of everyones jokes.I knew his face.
    One day,'Reg' stopped me coming back from the cash point.I'd parked on double yellows.He started lecturing me on the dangers etc.Only for my brother and his mate(in the Police car) to pull up unnoticed at a junction behind him.As i listened to his lecture- they started pulling faces and laughing at me.It was worthy of The Bill!.:Dl
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    The serial killer storyline where Pc Cassie Rickman was killed was a amazing and powerful storyline.

another amazing storyline was when Zain Nadir went bent and kirsten shaw, his bit on the side killed Honey Harman.

i really hope Itv promote the final episode well and have a nice documentry about the bill.
  • jules4stujules4stu Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    pc ramsey getting shot at a bank raid involving tosh lines' missus "i dont like mondays"
    pc ken melvin blown up by a car bomb ... wonderful stuff.
    Forum Member
    Ricky85 wrote: »
    The serial killer storyline where Pc Cassie Rickman was killed was a amazing and powerful storyline.

another amazing storyline was when Zain Nadir went bent and kirsten shaw, his bit on the side killed Honey Harman.

i really hope Itv promote the final episode well and have a nice documentry about the bill.

That is the one. THat was great to watch. Honey Harman :(. I really liked her character.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The couple of episodes featuring Dave Quinnan's stag night and wedding to Jenny the nurse. They wetre both brilliant, and they bought back older characters like George Garfield and one who's name I can't remember (he was a flash git and driing a villain's car IIRC).

There was a great line where one of the top brass was recounting some incident involving someone having a truncheon shoved right up his....and just as he was about to say the word, he was interrupted by June Ackland with 'Aah, Sergeant...can I have a word?'

Also, one of the actors did some of the best hangover acting I've ever seen.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best story line was the whole downfall of Beech thing... wqas really sad to see half of the team leave due to the mess he made. It was also particularly ambitious as the story must have gone on intermindently for a year. It was so unexpected to find out that Claire Stanton was CIB...

Another good story line was Jim's decent to alcoholism... then there were a couple of police goine bac storys such as Eddie Santini and the DCI that came after Brownlow which were also pretty good

Around that time though it all started to get a bit silly.. suddenly evey other cop was up to no good such as the guy who used to be in Brookside blowing up the station, the whole ridiculous Gabriel Kent business and Beech appearing on and off like some kind of pantomime villian... it had picked up though in recent year.

In my opinion the best team was the one in place around the time of the Beech storyline,... Bolton, Stanton, Beech, Lennox, Dave, Polly, June, Boyden, Jim, Brownlow, Conway, Jack etc etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    anything with Ramani da Costa...
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    All of these. I loved the serial killer as well. That lady who turned out to be the serial killer and in the end held Samantha hostage. I think that was her name.

There are too many to mention. I remember when Dave got attacked. That was really good episode. Too many to mention.

These.

Also the downfall of Tom Chandler.

Mickey Webb's rape storyline.

There was an old episode where Smithy worked to find the parents of a Chinese kid, that was cute.

Mickey and Laura from Eastenders (can't remember the character's names) in a storyline where a girl attacked her sister.

Terry and Ramani during the Terry/child abuse storylines.

And I loved the first live episode. :) (And the second, but first was better).
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,758
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there a recurring theme with the Christmas time episodes in which Rod Skase ended up in the cells every time?
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    These.

Also the downfall of Tom Chandler.

Mickey Webb's rape storyline.

There was an old episode where Smithy worked to find the parents of a Chinese kid, that was cute.

Mickey and Laura from Eastenders (can't remember the character's names) in a storyline where a girl attacked her sister.

Terry and Ramani during the Terry/child abuse storylines.

And I loved the first live episode. :) (And the second, but first was better).

So many good memories there, Tom Chandler was a nasty piece of work, but he was an excellent baddie!

For some reason I can't remember all of the Mickey rape storyline, not sure why, really hope Watch or Alibi decide to show them from the beginning.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    The couple of episodes featuring Dave Quinnan's stag night and wedding to Jenny the nurse. They wetre both brilliant, and they bought back older characters like George Garfield and one who's name I can't remember (he was a flash git and driing a villain's car IIRC).

I think the flash git you refer to may have been PC Steve Loxton? I think at one point he was also the area car driver?

The best times were with the 90's uniform lot. Garfield, Quinnan, Boyden, Cryer, Page, Datta, Marshall, Conway, Loxton, Stamp, Hollis, Carver, Ackland, Monroe.
  • tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember a particularly powerful episode called "Another Country" which was basically a two-hander between Mark Wingett (Jim Carver) and John Woodvine.

No blood and guts, no violence, no car chases, no fights, in fact, no real action at all to speak of. Just a great example of how classy writing coupled with superb acting can make for compelling viewing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the flash git you refer to may have been PC Steve Loxton? I think at one point he was also the area car driver?

That's him! Good memory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The best times were with the 90's uniform lot. Garfield, Quinnan, Boyden, Cryer, Page, Datta, Marshall, Conway, Loxton, Stamp, Hollis, Carver, Ackland, Monroe.

WPC Datta was lovely.