Options

Velocity X2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
Forum Member
✭✭
Picked this up today on my PS4 (free on PS+) Just had a quick go and it's a lot of fun.

I'd recommend giving it a go.

Comments

• Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Is it x2 or 2x.

I just had time to do four or five levels yesterday and really enjoyed it. I'll get more time at the weekend for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's 2X. My mistake.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After playing some more of this tonight, I can confirm that it's highly fun and addictive.

Managed to get my first perfect score. Not on the first level though and not sure how much better I could possibly get on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got the perfect score on the first level but not on others. Only tried them all once tho.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    After playing some more of this tonight, I can confirm that it's highly fun and addictive.

Managed to get my first perfect score. Not on the first level though and not sure how much better I could possibly get on it.

Think of it as a racer, you get more pounts the quicker you are.
    Boosting as much as possible is the way to go, 1st level should be constant boost from the start.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    I got the perfect score on the first level but not on others. Only tried them all once tho.

Can't see me beating this when I get round to downloading this. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't see me beating this when I get round to downloading this. ;-)

It is tough. Very hard to perfect.

I got up to level 20. Great fun, but gets a tad repetitive.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not tried this yet. Been a bit busy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This game gets more impressive the more levels you get through and the more complex it gets. Some clever level design once you get past the level 20 mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I got to 27ish today. I find it really hard to beat the times but I can do the rescues and crystals just fine.

Anyone know how to kill the guts who walk around and rape you once you get near them. I've just been dodging them so far.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,408
    Forum Member
    Its great on PS4 but even better on Vita because of the touch controls (Which make the warping so much faster/easier & intuitive) :cool:

Its Cross-Save as well which is a bonus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got to 27ish today. I find it really hard to beat the times but I can do the rescues and crystals just fine.

Anyone know how to kill the guts who walk around and rape you once you get near them. I've just been dodging them so far.

You need to teleport through them then shoot them in the back.

I've got a perfect on one level but I struggle to get near silver times so I won't be bothering for golds. Check out some speed runs on youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cheers.

Has anyone looked at the trophy list. It's mental. I certainly won't be platnuming this
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers.

Has anyone looked at the trophy list. It's mental. I certainly won't be platnuming this

They look doable to me except for get 50 perfect medals which could be the stumbling block. I've got 10 so far but some of them are gonna be really tricky. I guess it's a case of replaying the level over and over so you know exactly what's coming up.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is a great little game, very addictive with that elusive "one-more-go" appeal.

I'm loving that so many people here are enjoying it, especially after so many others wrote off this month's PS+ selection as a load of crap.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is tough. Very hard to perfect.

I got up to level 20. Great fun, but gets a tad repetitive.

It's crap can't beat your score :( deleting it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seanf wrote: »
    It's crap can't beat your score :( deleting it.

Is that level 3 ?
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've started playing this and I'm really enjoying it, it has the same addictiveness as Trials Fusion.

Anyone know how/when it updates the leaderboards? I've noticed that I've got some scores on levels but they're not showing on the leaderboard, and sometimes I've got one score on the leaderboard but a different one on the level select screen.
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of this at all. Another retro game. Its not even a good shoot 'em up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    claymore74 wrote: »
    I've started playing this and I'm really enjoying it, it has the same addictiveness as Trials Fusion.

Anyone know how/when it updates the leaderboards? I've noticed that I've got some scores on levels but they're not showing on the leaderboard, and sometimes I've got one score on the leaderboard but a different one on the level select screen.

I don't think it's a case of when it updates, more of a case of if it updates.

I was going through the friends leaderboards at the weekend seeing if speedy had beat me on every level. Some of my level scores didn't even register. Like I'm on around level 35 but odd ones like 8, 17 and 31 wouldn't have scores in them, but I have completed them.

Must be a glitch.
    No hes right. Its not even a good retro game. Nothing like Bloodmoney, Xenon, Project-X or Turrican.

I'll reply to this here so as not to divert away from Driveclub.

How dare you ?

It's excellent :p
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll reply to this here so as not to divert away from Driveclub.

How dare you ?

It's excellent :p

Lol, however those games i mention are how you do a retro shoot 'em up like they have tried to do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol, however those games i mention are how you do a retro shoot 'em up like they have tried to do.

Ah fair enough. I like it. But I haven't played the ones you mentioned.
  • Options
    claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a case of when it updates, more of a case of if it updates.

I was going through the friends leaderboards at the weekend seeing if speedy had beat me on every level. Some of my level scores didn't even register. Like I'm on around level 35 but odd ones like 8, 17 and 31 wouldn't have scores in them, but I have completed them.

Must be a glitch.

Thanks for that. At least I know it's not just me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going through the friends leaderboards at the weekend seeing if speedy had beat me on every level.

Let's hope so :p not been checking the leaderboard too much yet as I've just been getting through the levels but now I've done all 50 I'm going back to try and get the perfects now. Really enjoying it. It's just my type of game.

I am a bit confused why there is sometimes a score bonus on the leaderboard that means someone is way above me? Don't know what that's about.

Also discovered by accident the other day that you can swipe on the touch pad to flick between levels.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,408
    Forum Member
    2nd 'Dual Core' DLC pack will be online later today for £1.99.
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/23/new-velocity-2x-dual-core-dlc-arrives-ps-store-week/

I've now completed the main game & the last DLC pack so looking forward to more of the same with this 2nd bit of DLC.

Just a shame that my PSN funds are 7p short :(
    I wish they woudl let you top-up precise amounts on PSN rather than have to pick from pre-set amounts.