pre -ordering games from Amazon..is there any point???

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
because they are not going to run out are they if you get them within a day or so of release????

too stressful making sure the money is there on release day

Comments

• Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amazon is usually my go to. (dependent on whether I want a collectors edition or some other exclusive content offered by another seller) I just order and not think about it again until release time. Plus I have to go out of my way to go to the shop, so knowing it's on the mat for when I get home from work is a bonus.
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I order off Amazon because I'm a creature of habit! :blush:

(But since I'm going mostly digital now pcgamesupply gets allot of my software related custom!) 😊
  • JimallJimall Posts: 408
    Forum Member

To avoid this scenario, you could always apply a gift certificate to your account and then pre-order. Amazon will take payment immediately if you pre-order using gift certificate funds.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because they are not going to run out are they if you get them within a day or so of release????

Amazon recently oversold on their Hyrule Warriors allocation, leaving loads of people who preordered without the game. Personally, if there is a game I really want, I'll preorder it. Saves hassle at a later date, and 90% of the time there is some sort of incentive to preorder. If I'm on the fence about the game, I wouldn't preorder, though.

Although, I'm probably going to start going all digital for my XBO, since it's region free and the HK eStore is extremely cheap.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you pre-order with Amazon you may get it cheaper than you would buying it on, or close to, release day, due to their 'pre-order price promise'.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I preordered both fifa 15 and fifa 15 ultimate team ages ago.

The price on both games dropped meaning i had the option of Fifa 15 for £40 or ultimate team for £47.

Quite the saving so went for the fifa 15 for £40 though once i cancelled felt i should have just kept the ultimate team edition and sold the voucher but lesson learned.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only ever pre-ordered (and I am still new to this) when a game is significantly cheaper than the 'on sale' price. And they stick to that purchase price, regardless. As well as securing bonus content, if you're into that.