What's the worst thing you have ever eaten?

Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My mums sprouts at Christmas would be up there, think she actually puts them on to boil on Christmas Eve and still asks my nan "do you think these are done" .... grey ooze.

Worse than that though is tarantula in Cambodia. A local delicacy in certain parts, cooked in garlic. Had to stop after one leg as the hairs were tickling the back of my throat :o.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Octopus, it was very chewy.:)
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Octopus, it was very chewy.:)

Enough for 8 people I believe :).
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Don't even ask how this happened, or even what my explanation means, but it was a normal looking tomato that tasted like calamine lotion smells!
  • Cougar GirlCougar Girl Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhubarb :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rhubarb :kitty:

I love rhubarb and sprouts:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't even ask how this happened, or even what my explanation means, but it was a normal looking tomato that tasted like calamine lotion smells!

I'll bet many don't even know what that is. I remember going to bed after sunburn covered in white.:)
  • phantom sneezephantom sneeze Posts: 1,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once had a sandwich in New Delhi airport en route to Katmandu that put me in bed for 17 days with food poisoning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once had a sandwich in New Delhi airport en route to Katmandu that put me in bed for 17 days with food poisoning.

I had mussels in a posh hotel in Ayr that put me on a toilet for a few days:)
  • Danny_GirlDanny_Girl Posts: 2,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, you currently hold the title on this thread for worst thing eaten. Anyone else want to knock Phantom Sneeze off pole position? Still personally reckon for most people my mums sprouts may be worse :)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Tiramisu.
  • FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Old mayo salad from Morrisons.
  • WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure what it was, but it wasn't what I thought it was :(
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I wasn't sure what something was I would ask!
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Dog Soup (Called Bo Shin Tang in Korea).

You know that distinctive dog smell? It tastes like that with the texture of lamb. I'd rather eat lamb.
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkey, in a longhouse in Sarawak. It was cooked over an open fire, complete with it's fur, using the rigor mortis-set tail as an integral BBQ spit. That was grim, but I've been hospitalised by a plain old bit of Mexican chicken.
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    I'll bet many don't even know what that is. I remember going to bed after sunburn covered in white.:)

Yes, probably not used much these days, Woody.

I didn't mind it really - it usually meant a week off of school! :)
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tripe,Squid and Lamb.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fan of pig organ soup.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pot Noodle.
  • Hut27Hut27 Posts: 1,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny_Girl wrote: »
    Yep, you currently hold the title on this thread for worst thing eaten. Anyone else want to knock Phantom Sneeze off pole position? Still personally reckon for most people my mums sprouts may be worse :)

I hold undisputed World record for worst thing eaten. We went out on my daughters birthday to a Chinese Restaurant. It was an All you can Eat one price nights. All 3 of us ate different meals. The next morning early I was on the toilet for half an hour, nobody else was affected, I had to go to Hospital and was told by Consultant I had an allergic reaction to A Chinese Meal. Without a a word of a lie I had Diaohrea for 3 Years only partially controlled by medication. It stopped all of a sudden when I was given Immuno-suppressant drugs on having Heart operation.
    As you might guess I don't eat foreign food at all now.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oysters. It's like swallowing a massive glob of salty snot. Absolutely disgusting, and I'm someone who generally loves shellfish.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oysters. It's like swallowing a massive glob of salty snot. Absolutely disgusting, and I'm someone who generally loves shellfish.

I don't mind them raw, but cooked they are vile. Oyster omelette is one of the worst foods I have tried.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    Subway :kitty:
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jansson's Temptation (a type of Swedish Potato and Anchovy Casserole). I wouldn't say it's the worst thing I've ever eaten, but it's certainly the most disgusting. Mr Kivi ate the entire thing while I sat there boaking!
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marmite. Devils food.