Can I cancel my Sky contract??

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Pud
    Here's another for ya guys.... can I use her card in my box?
    The card would need to be re-married to your box.

Phil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

Problem...need some help. I have just brought her box round to mine and rigged it all up and there are no channels appart from BBC1 , 2 and some other crap travel. The box has been disconnected from her powerin her old house for the last 3 months. Do I need to ring up Sky to get the card reactivated? Will I have to be round her house to do this or can I do it at mine...bearing in mind the phone line will not be connected to the box.

Please help!!

Cheers Pudders:cry:
  • ClunkClunk Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure I read somewhere in the DSForums that if you leave the machine plugged in for a while with the card in it should reactivate. Sorry if that is duff advice. You might find it with a search through the forum.

Sorry again if that is a load of twaddle and I have just imagined it.:o
    Forum Member
    Been trying that mate.....managed to get Merridian now... but all her base packages are still saying "call yo have subscription upgraded".

Pudders
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just been trying to find where I might have read it (it may not have been on DS - I have a feeling it may have been on a site about sky in caravans). I will see if I can find the site (although I am now starting to think I may just be bonkers - must stop eating cheese late at night if I am starting to dream about sky cards :( )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo !

I am not mad after all (well actually :) ) I found it again, and it was nothing to do with DS but was to do with caravans.

I don't know anything about these things but the bloke who owns the site seems to know what he is on about.

In short (cos it is a very long page and may be hard to find) he says it should normally be ok after about 24hrs but can need to be connected for up to 3 days. Other than that you need to call to get it reactivated.

Hope this is helpful

:):):)
    Forum Member
    mate...can you repost the link... think u paste it wrong.

Cheers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just took the link out (you just beat me to it) cos i just tried it and it all went pear shaped. I think it was cos that was acached google link. Sorry.

Give me a mo and I will get the right link for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK try this link instead (it is the same page as before but should work)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/

It is in the question and answers section (section 8) and is about the 8th question 'will the viewing card lose its settings...'

:)
    Forum Member
    Thanks mate... the box lost it spower for 3 months so I had to reactivate it.. just rang sky and they have done it! :)

Now to cancel my contract and up the missus one.

Cheers again...Pudders :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    ignore this lol
    Forum Member
    Another quick question.... I know I go on.. lol

Whats the deal with the Sky pacakges with regards to cancelling. If a direct debit payment has just come out yesterday, does that mean I have my viewing paid up until 8th April?

I don't want to cancel my contract tomorrow not knowing this...means I lose a months viewing!!

Cheers :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it does - you pay in advance.

Bummer ain't it.

Don't they seem to make everything complicated :(