Options

ITV DOI app

TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive had it with this show now.
Friend and I have the app to buy credit for voting we used this last week with no trouble so again bought credit this week to use for voting, we have been trying since voting opened and its telling us voting lines are closed and we cant vote.
Really really p****d of now as cant vote and wonder how many others will have encounterd this tonight and not been able to vote.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, Have never ever voted in any of these shows but sorry to hear that. Please don't bother with it again!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point now is we cant vote for our favs and ITV have our cash, anyone know who we report this to? Obviosly ITV will be getting a VERY strong e mail regarding this. How much cash have they gained from this? And then to not let people vote, totally upset now, I know its just a show but we have friends on that show who are relying on us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people are complaining about last nights outcome, well if people cant vote what else do they expect?
    Dont know how many votes would have been lost last night due to the app not working until much later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You do moan about this show so much Tracey, I don't understand why you still watch it.

I'm sure that your 'friends' aren't relying on you to the extent you'd like to think.
  • Options
    TiggergirlTiggergirl Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eviesmum wrote: »
    You do moan about this show so much Tracey, I don't understand why you still watch it.

I'm sure that your 'friends' aren't relying on you to the extent you'd like to think.

Well actually TraceyUK and her friend weren't the only people having problems with the app last night and it affected my voting as I wanted to vote for Jen and the fact I couldn't get the app to work meant I couldn't vote and well as we saw Jen ended up in the bottom two so it may have affected things if people were relying on people they knew to vote for them I managed to vote in the end but had to use my phone to call which incurred extra expense.

The point of me getting the app was because it was going to work out cheaper than making the calls from my mobile as the cost comes in less than that but regardless of whether the skaters concerned were relying on TraceyUK voting or not its still bad that this problem is occuring as it could have skewed the results. I tried for a good 30 minutes with it saying the votes were closed if that was peoples only option to vote and they then couldn't then it could have affected the overall outcome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you still managed to vote. You can complain about the app later and still vote, that's what I don't get :(

She could have still voted for her friends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you read the OPs comments she has said she used the credit for the app meaning I guess that there was no spare money left to vote or maybe there wasn't anywhere accessible that she could have got credit to top up her phone so how could she still have voted for them when the app failed?

Yes I was lucky to still be able to vote but I shouldn't have had to pay extra to have to phone through and vote having already put credit onto the app to use to then not be able to use it. I'm just lucky in that my phone was available and had sufficient credit to allow me to still vote but at an additional cost as I had paid credit on to the app.

However taking the OP out of the equation for now my point is if this has happened to a number of people who again maybe didn't have access to any other means of voting then it could have had an effect on the overall results it is obviously a concern to the OP and it may have been a concern to others too.

Maybe it wouldn't have made any difference to the overall results but again it may have done. A lot of people have questioned how these two have ended up in the skate off maybe people who wanted to vote for them couldn't.
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiggergirl wrote: »
    If you read the OPs comments she has said she used the credit for the app meaning I guess that there was no spare money left to vote or maybe there wasn't anywhere accessible that she could have got credit to top up her phone so how could she still have voted for them when the app failed?

Yes I was lucky to still be able to vote but I shouldn't have had to pay extra to have to phone through and vote having already put credit onto the app to use to then not be able to use it. I'm just lucky in that my phone was available and had sufficient credit to allow me to still vote but at an additional cost as I had paid credit on to the app.

However taking the OP out of the equation for now my point is if this has happened to a number of people who again maybe didn't have access to any other means of voting then it could have had an effect on the overall results it is obviously a concern to the OP and it may have been a concern to others too.

Maybe it wouldn't have made any difference to the overall results but again it may have done. A lot of people have questioned how these two have ended up in the skate off maybe people who wanted to vote for them couldn't.

I don't get why it would affect the results really. Is it only Jen's fans who were downloading this App? Sounds ludicrous to me. I am sorry that she's left but she just didn't have the support as this was the 2nd time she was in the skate off - trying to blame it on other factors is ludicrous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I don't get why it would affect the results really. Is it only Jen's fans who were downloading this App? Sounds ludicrous to me. I am sorry that she's left but she just didn't have the support as this was the 2nd time she was in the skate off - trying to blame it on other factors is ludicrous.

I feel so sorry for Jennifer especially as Kerry is proving to be quite a bad skater and probably will stick around for a few more weeks whilst better people go off.....we have been here before haven't we?
    But Jennifer clearly doesn't have the fan base and thats why she was in the bottom two, I think Vanilla expected to be voted off by the Judges and was surprised to be saved!
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    I feel so sorry for Jennifer especially as Kerry is proving to be quite a bad skater and probably will stick around for a few more weeks whilst better people go off.....we have been here before haven't we?But Jennifer clearly doesn't have the fan base and thats why she was in the bottom two, I think Vanilla expected to be voted off by the Judges and was surprised to be saved!

Yep. And we will go there again too. It's part & parcel of these shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not saying it definitely would or would not have made a difference I'm just raising the point that if a lot of people were trying to vote using the app but then couldn't because it wasn't working. Until we know the rough figures there may not have been a lot of difference between who ended up in the bottom two and who got through.

No one expected Vanilla Ice to end up there so its just a thought that if voting figures are close at all then its possible that yes those votes could possibly affect the outcome of who was in the bottom two.