Leona Lewis: 'Trouble' chart prediction.

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    Trouble is a pretty decent song but I don't see much chart success coming it's way. Top 10 next week, small fall the week after that due to the album being released (I think) and an obvious X Factor performance then out of the top 100 by the time X Factor ends.

Surely Glassheart would have been a far more safer option considering it's a generic dance track and they sell by the bucket loads these days. Trouble isn't exactly a song that get's rotations and without her name would have flopped to extremes.

I understand where you're coming from but I mean with just referring specifically to Leona, Glassheart would have been quite the departure.
    Trouble is too "by-the-numbers" for her and hasn't grabbed the public's attention.
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble is a pretty decent song but I don't see much chart success coming it's way. Top 10 next week, small fall the week after that due to the album being released (I think) and an obvious X Factor performance then out of the top 100 by the time X Factor ends.

Surely Glassheart would have been a far more safer option considering it's a generic dance track and they sell by the bucket loads these days. Trouble isn't exactly a song that get's rotations and without her name would have flopped to extremes.

Well Glassheart is definitely a dance track, I don't hear anything generic about it though. Sounds quite progressive to me actually.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble is now available to download on iTunes. :)
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Alexandra Burke just released a generic dance album and it ruined her career. Leona's better off sticking to the Emeli/Lana/Paloma/Rebecca Ferguson/Adele sound that's popular at the moment.
  • PuterkidPuterkid Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Trouble doesn't seem to be doing well on itunes so far. She is performing on X factor though, which will probably rescue the song.

So sad that she seems almost entirely dependent on the XFactor to ensure her success. I thought by now she would have been able to move on in her own right.
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X Factor will change that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is it on iTunes?
  • jadebutterfly96jadebutterfly96 Posts: 1,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonesy88 wrote: »
    Where is it on iTunes?

Currently at #114 :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Currently at #114 :eek:

That is slightly worrying.
  • Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but only half an hour ago or so it was in the #200's so it is rising very fast and that's without Leona having actually ever performed it live yet (she's only done a few acoustic radio sessions).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it'll get into the top ten with the next 24hrs.
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    102 now, if capital had supported the track it'd be top 20 by now. I've downloaded my copy. :p
  • RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one multybuying this ?. 20 copies so far. Support your artists
    Forum Member
    Robertfitz wrote: »

:eek:...if I had the money to spend then I would, but I've downloaded the EP. :)
  • Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    #8 I reckon.
  • Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Even if you have bought 20 copies which I highly doubt if you have bought them on iTunes only 1 copy counts towards the charts...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna say the same pos. as Collide.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's ridiculous. Are you going to do that every release? For the rest of her career? And the next question: Why??
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to gift other copies to friends to make multi-buying count. Dreary song.
  • markmc2k5markmc2k5 Posts: 3,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a very encouraging start. I'm starting to worry for Leona. Hope this picks up
  • STACEYFISHERSTACEYFISHER Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    She has to hope it picks up fast after her X Factor performance today but I am not surprised at the very slow start. Its a rubbish song and I said it first time i heard it. Never understand the cries on here about it being some epic mastepiece. I guess it shows how out of touch DS is or more how many Leona fans there are on here given a misrepresentation of her fanbase.
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has to hope it picks up fast after her X Factor performance today but I am not surprised at the very slow start. Its a rubbish song and I said it first time i heard it. Never understand the cries on here about it being some epic mastepiece. I guess it shows how out of touch DS is or more how many Leona fans there are on here given a misrepresentation of her fanbase.

Songs don't tend to peak until 6pm - 9pm on the day of release.. so later on will give a better indication of how this will do before promo.
    Forum Member
    I'm really surprised it's not doing well, I remember when it premiered everyone on this forum was screaming number 1 smash. It deserves to be number one, tbh. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm really surprised it's not doing well, I remember when it premiered everyone on this forum was screaming number 1 smash. It deserves to be number one, tbh. :)

Not I. Same happened to 'Collide' as well. Everyone seems to think they were universally embraced on DS.

Meh, 'Collide' was better than this borefest.
  • SevenSeizeSevenSeize Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I made a prediction of #8 on another forum, it obviously wouldn't come close to Adele, SHM, Rihanna and Psy. I was thinking the promo would boost it into a low top ten place, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up at 11-13