4-0 after 20 minutes

BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
Forum Member
Never have I seen anything like this. When was the last time a team have been 4-0 up in the first half of the first half? :o

Comments

• Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Ive never seen a team look like they dont even care, the way arsenal did for the first half. Sluggish would be the understatement of the day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    It's a bit like crocuses coming out late, isn't it... the Arsenal January collapse just coming a few weeks late this year.

By April-May, they'll be scuffling around for fourth place again with us, Spurs and United. They'll probably get it, though, and be mollycoddled through the CL group stages for 2014-15 before being blasted away by a group winner next Feburary.

I do miss the rolleyes.

Just edited... I don't even know what year it is, Arsenal's form is soooo predictable. :D
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    They were a bit sluggish last week at Saints weren't they?

Liverpool can just sit back in the 2nd half and hit Arsenal on the break. More goals to come I'm sure. BT Sport may have to make room for an extra digit for the on-screen scoreboard, it should be 7-0 already.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nuts.
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    Never have I seen anything like this. When was the last time a team have been 4-0 up in the first half of the first half? :o

man united were 5-0 up at half time against arsenal in 2001, first 4 goals were in 26 mins
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    I'm amazed Wenger just sat back and didn't bother changing anything. You wouldn't see Mourinho doing nothing, he would have made an early double sub to shake things up.
  • celesticelesti Posts: 25,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know the game was on, here's me watching Yeovil vs Leeds.

I probably need to pay commission for bringing up Leeds in a thread where they hadn't been remotely mentioned.
    Forum Member
    celesti wrote: »
    I didn't even know the game was on, here's me watching Yeovil vs Leeds.

I probably need to pay commission for bringing up Leeds in a thread where they hadn't been remotely mentioned.

Robbedin73's been having words eh? ;-):D

Don't have Sky or BT, I'm not watching anything... I was listening on the radio but I'm fed up with it now, think I'll try Tony Blackburn. Still, if Arsenal get a 4-4 it'll be a nice surprise to look at on MoTD late on. :D
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the black armbands by the way?
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Arsenal mourning the death of their title dreams?
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone friends with Maicon? Could be why. Or because it's the weekend closest to Munich anniversary.
    Forum Member
    5-0!

Its not a footy match, its a slaughter!
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is most enjoyable.:D
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's fair enough seeing as we get to laugh at you lot on a monthly basis and will continue to do so.:D
    Forum Member
    man united were 5-0 up at half time against arsenal in 2001, first 4 goals were in 26 mins

But I didn't see that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time Suarez started to get involved.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well we thought it was only fair after we put 5 past you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well we thought it was only fair after we put 5 past you.

And didn't them lot laugh about that? :) Come on though, you can do better than 5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And didn't them lot laugh about that? :) Come on though, you can do better than 5.

In Arsenal's defence yours was in your back yard.

I'm just waiting to see what happens if there's a penalty, there are two players on hat tricks.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad timing.....article in the Evening Standard last night with the headline saying that the 2 central defenders playing today were the new Adams and Keown!
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad timing.....article in the Evening Standard last night with the headline saying that the 2 central defenders playing today were the new Adams and Keown!

Laurel & Hardy maybe.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Adams and Keown as they are now? :D
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As Tony Hateley died. RIP
    Forum Member
    Is anyone friends with Maicon? Could be why. Or because it's the weekend closest to Munich anniversary.

I just went :o, I thought you meant the famous Maicon.

Just googled, never heard of that one, but a sad story none the less. 25 is no age to go. :cry:
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't Arsenal go 4-0 up pretty quickly against Newcastle, when they came back to 4-4?

Definately first half

Edit - it was 26 mins