Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Now he's took Podolski off for a defender when we're 3-0 down.

Jesus.

Yes because we are going to win this game 3-0 down?

it was right to take him off he would have done nothing got the reminder of the game anyway.

we need to defend.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And its not freak results as we keep doing it.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    All other discussion aside, it should not have been a sending off, in my opinion.

How does handling a shot going wide anyway constitute denying a clear goalscoring opportunity?

If the ref can't even manage to work out which bloody player it was i suspect expecting him to judge whether the ball was going in or going wide is probably asking a bit too much!! :D
  • alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point stands though.

Saving a shot going wide is not denying a clear goalscoring opportunity and whilst it is a penalty it is certainly not a red card.
  • promo-onlypromo-only Posts: 3,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point stands though.

Saving a shot going wide is not denying a clear goalscoring opportunity and whilst it is a penalty it is certainly not a red card.

That whole incident was shocking! If the ref has a job after today I'll be shocked! Never seen anything as comedic as that
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Yes because we are going to win this game 3-0 down?

it was right to take him off he would have done nothing got the reminder of the game anyway.

we need to defend.
    Yup.

Spectacle ruined by Arsenal once more in the big games. Stupid BT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    Someone needs to take Wenger to one side and explain that we are no longer living in the 90s. If he is not prepared to spend the Arsenal millions then he should go.

Yup someone needs to, not sure its why we are losing this game though.
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Big game? Check
    Fail to turn up? Check
    Opposition fans asking Wengers to stay? Check
    Deluded fans hoping he gets a new contract? Check

4th place beckons and it won't get any better while he stays. Now who doesn't agree with Jose?

Loads of people he's still a bellend We were never going to win the league so this game was never going to change anything.
    It's happened for years.

Big games lost before it's even begun!

Pretty much.
    satellite wrote: »
    Ah, so the special one outwits the not so great one yet again. For the sake of our club, I pray he doesn't get a new contract.

Hoe does a player giving a pen and Santi ****ing up and Giroud taking the piss = Jose outwitting anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    And its not freak results as we keep doing it.

Yup, once you think Ok, Twice you think its terrible but could be another one of those days.

Now its just taking the piss.

We now know these lot are not strong enough for these types of games.

Like everyone says 4th place trophy lets celebrate >:(

Well guess we have the cup lets go and win it.
  • Tel69Tel69 Posts: 26,988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Loads of people he's still a bellend We were never going to win the league so this game was never going to change anything.

Hoe does a player giving a pen and Santi ****ing up and Giroud taking the piss = Jose outwitting anyone?

Yes he's a bellend but that's not the point he's made a comment which has proven to be right. Meanwhile we get 4 more years of finishing 4th and falling apart in big games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup.

Spectacle ruined by Arsenal once more in the big games. Stupid BT.

Same old Arsenal always messing it up watch us beat City next week when its too late for us.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup, once you think Ok, Twice you think its terrible but could be another one of those days.

Now its just taking the piss.

We now know these lot are not strong enough for these types of games.

Like everyone says 4th place trophy lets celebrate >:(

Well guess we have the cup lets go and win it.

Have you been in a cave for the last 8 years?
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not lay out the big cash and get Diego Simeone in before someone else gets him?
    Forum Member
    4-0 now.

*yawn*
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tel69 wrote: »
    Yes he's a bellend but that's not the point he's made a comment which has proven to be right. Meanwhile we get 4 more years of finishing 4th and falling apart in big games.

Says who? none said Aw is staying. Im not saying i don't agree im saying some people don't.

I just thought for this being Aw's 1000 game the players would play for the boss i mean stand up and be counted for.
  • MoleskinMoleskin Posts: 3,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strangely enough the "predictive toasters" on Danny Baker and Danny Kelly's BT show yesterday predicted that Chelsea would thrash Arsenal.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    promo-only wrote: »
    That whole incident was shocking! If the ref has a job after today I'll be shocked! Never seen anything as comedic as that

Forget the game. Just thinking how the nugget ref did what he did. Even a Ox was telling him the situation.

The conversation went a bit like this:

Ref: "Gibbs, you're off!"

Ox: "But ref, it was me!"

Ref: "Shut up Walcott, get on with the game"
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    You guys must HATE these BT games by now. Every time I watch Arsenal on that channel, they seem to get whipped.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    Leave now Wenger, do the decent thing. Even his disciples can defend this. Time for fresh blood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Have you been in a cave for the last 8 years?

No, Hence the words These Lot. talking about this squad. For all their talking in the media it shows.

say what you want about the last few teams and least some had fight to be the likes of Chavs and Utd.

Unlike this lot who seem to die as soon ans they get on the pitch against the big teams.
    Forum Member
    BigFoot87 wrote: »
    You guys must HATE these BT games by now. Every time I watch Arsenal on that channel, they seem to get whipped.
    Hate early kick offs. But this is not the first time the team have capitulated.

Just feel bad for the people paying tickets to watch this -- spectacle decided as early as in 10 mins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »

Thank **** virgin media makes you have to pay to get it lol. no way am i subscribing now.

Im not watching but according to the radio the players look shot and OX looks like he is devastated maybe he should have gone off.
  • ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we really have to put up with another 3 years of ineptitude from Wenger? This really is pathetic.

No other major club in world football would have allowed him to get away with this shit for so long.
  • Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The point stands though.

The intent was clear. Had the payer been aware the ball was going wide he wouldn't have handled it. As far as he was concerned he was saving a goal hence the red card is totally justified. The ref can't tell if it was creeping in or just going wide.
    Forum Member
    ustarion wrote: »
    Do we really have to put up with another 3 years of ineptitude from Wenger? This really is pathetic.

No other major club in world football would have allowed him to get away with this shit for so long.
    True, his tactics should be questioned, but the players surely have to take the brunt too?

Should have learnt from Liverpool and City.

Surely this result is good because we're now out of the title picture. You cannot win it losing how you did at Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

With the fixtures in April and May and a cup run to look forward to, I'm expecting a good finish.
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully Chelsea will now play 'a little bit with the handbrake on' and we'll get away with 6-0 or something.
This discussion has been closed.