Options

EastEnders Discussion Thread | Thursday 3rd April 2014 - 7:30PM | Lucy's on the run!

Comments

• Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    Lucy seemed very on-edge and nervous to me.

Max: You took your time ...'

My guess is that this is Max's price for giving Lucy that money... ugh.

I actually think your on to somthing there.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely not in my opinion. Danny was totally in character for her, not some sleazy, bald middle-aged car salesman.

As repulsive as Max is to me, TPTB have said that this final story will showcase that we may not know Lucy as well as we thought.

Tbh, though, her desperation for her business to succeed and to get out from under Ian's thumb has been clearly obvious for a long time - getting capital from the local young girl hound shows just how much so.

I look forward to finding out just how it spirals out of control so fast for her...
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, ok episode. But basically just told us what we already knew, Max Branning is a sleaze ball and Shirley Carter is a spineless bitch who only thinks about herself whether it's her family, her husband, her kids, her live in partner, her best friend.....
  • Options
    Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    EastEnders has TOP 2 UK trends tonight with 3 others

#Max and Lucy <TOP trend
    #Enders
    #EastEnders <Number 2 trend
    #DannyDyer
    #WhoisLucyMeeting

#Max and Lucy Top WORLD WIDE trend

See some of you guys may hate the Max and Lucy stuff, but it's certainly got people taking which is always a good thing.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought that was a brilliant episode. The Carter stuff was fantastic. Something about Max and Lucy doesnt ring true as anactual affair though. I think there is definitely an element of coercian in it.

8 out of 10 for me!
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great episode although people were talking over the Mick/Shirley and Stan scene so I couldn't really hear it >_>

They were making it a bit too obvious that Lucy was texting Jake so I knew there would be a twist and I was not one bit surprised when Max popped up. That room seems to be his new Shagpad. He tried to get it on with Stacey and he didn't want to waste it so he got with Lucy instead.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For months Lucy was in the background or just not doing much, it would have been soo much better to see the change in character, it would probably help us understand why she is shagging Max.
    It just seems everything happening too fast, I would have love to seen more of Lucy and her story instead of it all being explained after her murder.
  • Options
    TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    As repulsive as Max is to me, TPTB have said that this final story will showcase that we may not know Lucy as well as we thought.

Tbh, though, her desperation for her business to succeed and to get out from under Ian's thumb has been clearly obvious for a long time - getting capital from the local young girl hound shows just how much so.

I look forward to finding out just how it spirals out of control so fast for her...

Me too. Although I think it's kind of crossing a line, even for Max, to be basically bribing your daughter's best mate into sex.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max is absolutely repulsive, there has to money involved for Lucy to anywhere near it!
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    So Max can't part with £1,000 to help his daughter, but he doesn't mind parting with it for sex....just about sums his character up >:( Still Lucy's story is warming up nicely.:D

Some great scenes from Mick, Shirley and Stan tonight. What a rotten childhood those kids must have had.:(

Shabnam needs a hobby.:kitty:
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I smell a pregnancy on the cards? :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me if the post-mortem reveals she was in the early stages of pregnancy when she died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Max is absolutely repulsive, there has to money involved for Lucy to anywhere near it!

Max is sexy. I'd happily do the deed with him without money exchanging hands :p:D
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it Micks mum Sylvie who tried to kill him?

I think it was Shirley he was talking about.

Shirley was crying while Stan was talking, and he gave a VERY long pause and stared hard at Shirely before naming Sylvie.

I think this is why Stan thinks things will be okay for hium from now on - he has lied to protect Shirley and if she plays up again he will tell Mick the truth. He has got her where he wants her.
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Yuck. Max needs to go. How dirty. I hope there's a hell of a lot more to come from Lucy's exit than this. It seems DTC is reverting back to his and Santer's tried and tested 'shock first, character last' method.
  • Options
    Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too. Although I think it's kind of crossing a line, even for Max, to be basically bribing your daughter's best mate into sex.

I don't think Max has any such moral line - he's blackmailing her for the business capital, I'm sure of it.

He has such pedo-like tendencies that he's abit unnerving. :o

Whether Max or Lauren directly cause Lucy's death or not, it's interesting that Max will indirectly be a part of it [if we're assuming it's due to the business itself]. The bad blood between the Beales and the Brannings will be at fever pitch for generations to come...
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Do I smell a pregnancy on the cards? :eek:

Wouldn't surprise me if the post-mortem reveals she was in the early stages of pregnancy when she died.

Oh god, yeah. :( Ian will be crushed [and then repulsed when he finds out it's Max's!!]
  • Options
    wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    Max is sexy. I'd happily do the deed with him without money exchanging hands :p:D

Me too :cool:
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    So Max can't part with £1,000 to help his daughter, but he doesn't mind parting with it for sex....just about sums his character up >:( Still Lucy's story is warming up nicely.

Well he was counting on shagging Stacey for free but that plan fell through. There was no Kirsty to use either so he was pretty much forced to pay for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me too :cool:

I thought I was the only one :D
  • Options
    wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    I like how everyone's assuming it's Max coercing Lucy...

She's never exactly been a stranger to blackmail and coercion either. Who's to say right now which one has the upper hand? :p
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it Micks mum Sylvie who tried to kill him?

well, thats what he said but he implied it was Shirley..
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    big dan wrote: »
    Yuck. Max needs to go. How dirty. I hope there's a hell of a lot more to come from Lucy's exit than this. It seems DTC is reverting back to his and Santer's tried and tested 'shock first, character last' method.
    It does work to an extent through as it does get people talking.
    Not revealing this till it has aired has definitely worked through as Twitter has had a large reaction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shame about the face.

Pretty much this. LOL.
  • Options
    AngelicPrincessAngelicPrincess Posts: 7,434
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    well, thats what he said but he implied it was Shirley..

If it is then she is worse than Stan. If he is so awful why take his money?
    Shirley blackmailed her brother for a portion of his business, considering this man has children I don't believe a decent parent does but Shirley was worse asking in the first place. She is rude to his wife and stole from her.
    She helped Tina drink away money Billy wanted to use on the electric he supports a young girl with a baby. Walked out on her own kids and didn't bat an eyelid that Jim died but cried over Phil. Peed over Heather memory by not only not telling the police about Phil but giving him a false alibi. And then demanded blood money that's how much she meant. And date raped a bloke.
    And we are supposed to think Stan is a bad guy?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it is then she is worse than Stan. If he is so awful why take his money?
    Shirley blackmailed her brother for a portion of his business, considering this man has children I don't believe a decent parent does but Shirley was worse asking in the first place. She is rude to his wife and stole from her.
    She helped Tina drink away money Billy wanted to use on the electric he supports a young girl with a baby. Walked out on her own kids and didn't bat an eyelid that Jim died but cried over Phil. Peed over Heather memory by not only not telling the police about Phil but giving him a false alibi. And then demanded blood money that's how much she meant. And date raped a bloke.
    And we are supposed to think Stan is a bad guy?

Very true AP. I will never be able to accept Shirley as 'leading lady' material as time after time again she just comes across at that same unlikeable bitch who arrived back in 2006. She is not a flawed human being, just a plain self entitled bitch who always puts her own needs ahead of her own family.

I would love for Stan to come across as the good guy in the end, but I'm not sure if the man hating writers would allow it as Mick seems to be the only strong alpha male in the show at the moment when compared to all the strong female characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope this can only lead to Shirley's impending exit. Who am I kidding? They aren't going to let their golden girl go anywhere in the near future ;-).