Options

Euro Acts. For or Against?

2»

Comments

• Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After watching last night they should re-name the show, EU Has No Talent! the best thing about the show is David Walliams.
  • Options
    ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm against it because, as others have already mentioned, it is called Britain's Got Talent. I think they should rename it to Europe's Got Talent and I wouldn't have a problem with that. And no, I'm not racist or xenophobic or whatever else just because I think it's a bit unfair that a non-British act can win Britain's Got Talent, I'd feel the same about a British person who lives in Britain winning another country's programme.
  • Options
    Twenty10Twenty10 Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    barrcode88 wrote: »
    Xenophobia lives, a fear of of anything foreign and its 'GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY' get stuffed you miserable dimwit.

Let's just think about the name of the show for a minute......
  • Options
    achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the Brits in here are feeling threatened by significantly more talented outsiders.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    I'd rather see good acts regardless of where they come from. Maybe they should change the title of the show, though.
  • Options
    EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed them, it gave the whole programme a Eurovisiony feel (I LOVE Eurovision) and some were very good.

However, the premise of the show is a search for British talent and that's where the problem is for me. They need to do more to reconcile the two.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i think it's stupid.

How can a non Brit win the show and then perform in front of the Queen as a Brit?

You don't have to be British though to perform at the Royal Variety......anyone can appear on the bill, no matter where they're from.
  • Options
    PlausibleDenialPlausibleDenial Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bgt not wgt. Id even rule out that old dancing british women because she lives in spain.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Definetly for... all the best acts have been European, including last years winners which were awesome. Loved the light thing last night too by the Ukraine guy
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    You don't have to be British though to perform at the Royal Variety......anyone can appear on the bill, no matter where they're from.

That's true, but if the winning act of the show Britain Got Talent isn't British then it looks odd. Of course it doesn't matter what countries the other acts appearing on the Royal Variety Performance are from.
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Anybody with any talent of any kind refuse to go on shows that involve Simon Cowell, so the producers have to go searching across the world practically.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't one of the original ideas for the show to have every European country do their own version and then the winners go up against each other to find the best in Europe?
  • Options
    barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
    Forum Member
    Wasn't one of the original ideas for the show to have every European country do their own version and then the winners go up against each other to find the best in Europe?

That was during the Susan Boyle boom.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Twenty10 wrote: »
    Let's just think about the name of the show for a minute......

The name doesn't give it any right to avoid EU law.
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Against - for most of the reasons others have said.

What would we say if Jai McDowell, as a winner of BGT, went and entered France's Got Talent (not sure if that exists but go with it) just because he could and wanted to?

I get the feeling if that happened we'd all be questioning why.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Performers and song writers for Eurovision don't have to be nationals of the country they represent. It's only a show - they could call it Britain's Got Talent From All Over The World.
  • Options
    dottzie38dottzie38 Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I for one am glad I got see razy :)