Options

Your top 3 EE actors 1985 to date

13»

Comments

• Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    Well do you think anyone in Eastenders can act you can't fault all of them as an Eastenders fan there must be a few actors and actresses that impress you? If you ever become executive producer of Eastenders I wouldn't like it if you axe Jo Joyner and Jake Wood

Let's cross that bridge if I ever become executive producer of Eastenders but I can't promise anything. If they've got to go, they've got to go.
  • Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Let's cross that bridge if I ever become executive producer of Eastenders but I can't promise anything. If they've got to go, they've got to go.

No they don't because alot of Eastenders fans love Jake Wood/Max and alot love Jo Joyner/Tanya who would you keep and who would you axe out of: Max, Tanya, Phi, Janine, Michael, Carol, Bianca, Denise, Sharon, Jay, Abi, Lauren, Lola, Roxy, Shirley, Tiffany, Morgan, Dennis, Zainab, Masood, Whitney, Lucy, Ian, Bobby, Kat, Alfie, Tommy, Mo, Jean, Alice, Dot, Fatboy, Poppy, Patrick, Cora, Aj, Jack, Kim, Joey and Tyler? Or would you give Jo and Jake a chance at first and see if you can make Tanya be a better character?
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    I love Michael French and Nigel Harman I wish David Wicks could come back permanently and I wish Dennis was not killed off

Agree with your sentiments. ;)

Those clicky heels of David Wicks from back in the day, and his return at the end of last year was a revelation and reminded us what a good actor he is.

As for Mr Harman and Dennis, he will always be my favourite ever character, flawed, troubled, scarred by his childhood and upbringing, defensive and always on his guard, until he found love with his father's adopted daughter.

It was a good rounded story with an ending of finality, which I will always admire Nigel Harman for, not wanting to have that door left open for a comeback, unlike some other actors who keep returning and don't get any better. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »

Those clicky heels of David Wicks from back in the day, and his return at the end of last year was a revelation and reminded us what a good actor he is.

As for Mr Harman and Dennis, he will always be my favourite ever character, flawed, troubled, scarred by his childhood and upbringing, defensive and always on his guard, until he found love with his father's adopted daughter.

It was a good rounded story with an ending of finality, which I will always admire Nigel Harman for, not wanting to have that door left open for a comeback, unlike some other actors who keep returning and don't get any better. ;)
    Do you like Jo Joyner and Jake Wood?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. I'd probably have to sit down in a Board Meeting with the other members of the production team and discuss it. To be honest, I would probably appoint a new team production team as I notice that there are a few posters on here that talk more sense that most others like Uncle Quentin, Nathan Johnson, Tom Willis and a few others. We would sort the cast out between us.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    After having just caught up with Thursday and Friday night's episodes I'm glad to say I have indeed got a top actor on EE: Ava.

Love her :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Leslie Grantham
    Nigel Harman
    Ross Kemp
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm. I'd probably have to sit down in a Board Meeting with the other members of the production team and discuss it. To be honest, I would probably appoint a new team production team as I notice that there are a few posters on here that talk more sense that most others like Uncle Quentin, Nathan Johnson, Tom Willis and a few others. We would sort the cast out between us.

Well I hope you don't get rid of Jo Joyner (Tanya), Jake Wood (Max), Patsy Palmer (Bianca), Lindsey Coulson (Carol), James Forde (Liam), Maisie Smith (Tiffany), Devon Higgs (Morgan), Letitia Dean (Sharon), Harry Hickles (Dennis), Lorna Fitzgerald (Abi), Jacqueline Jossa (Lauren), Danielle Harold (Lola), Jamie Borthwick (Jay), Hetti Bywater (Lucy), Adam Woodyatt (Ian), Jessie Wallace (Kat), Shane Richie (Alfie), Rita Simons (Roxy), Charlie Brooks (Janine), Steve John Shepherd (Michael), Steve McFadden (Phil), Diane Parish (Denise), Rudolph Walker (Patrick), Ann Mitchell (Cora), Shona McGarty (Whitney), Ricky Norwood (Fat Boy), June Brown (Dot), Clare Perkins (Ava), Chucky Venn (Ray), Nina Wadia (Zainab), Nitin Ganatra (Masood), Scott Maslen (Jack) and Perry Fenwick (Billy mitchell and then Alice, Poppy, Joey, Jean, Mo, Kim and Aj can leave and then I would love a new family to come in and maybe Sonia, Rebecca, Little Mo and Freddie to come back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I hope you don't get rid of Jo Joyner (Tanya), Jake Wood (Max), Patsy Palmer (Bianca), Lindsey Coulson (Carol), James Forde (Liam), Maisie Smith (Tiffany), Devon Higgs (Morgan), Letitia Dean (Sharon), Harry Hickles (Dennis), Lorna Fitzgerald (Abi), Jacqueline Jossa (Lauren), Danielle Harold (Lola), Jamie Borthwick (Jay), Hetti Bywater (Lucy), Adam Woodyatt (Ian), Jessie Wallace (Kat), Shane Richie (Alfie), Rita Simons (Roxy), Charlie Brooks (Janine), Steve John Shepherd (Michael), Steve McFadden (Phil), Diane Parish (Denise), Rudolph Walker (Patrick), Ann Mitchell (Cora), Shona McGarty (Whitney), Ricky Norwood (Fat Boy), June Brown (Dot), Clare Perkins (Ava), Chucky Venn (Ray), Nina Wadia (Zainab), Nitin Ganatra (Masood), Scott Maslen (Jack) and Perry Fenwick (Billy mitchell and then Alice, Poppy, Joey, Jean, Mo, Kim and Aj can leave and then I would love a new family to come in and maybe Sonia, Rebecca, Little Mo and Freddie to come back.

I'll see what I can do but Jake might have to go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll see what I can do but Jake might have to go.

No not Jake and not Jo I wouldlike it if Jo returns aftrer her break and stays for at least 3 years or 2 years and then if Tanya could get cervical cancer again and she finds out she is going to die and Max could propose to Tanya romantically and then a few hours or a day before Tanya dies they can have a deathbed wedding and then Tanya can say goodbye to Lauren, Abi, Oscar, Cora, Carol, Dot, Jack and hopefully her Ava and Kahli and Rainie and then there can be a 10 minute scene with Max and Tanya and then Tanya can die in Max's arms and then Max could lie in his bed or on the sofa not speaking and eating and only drinking and then he could go to the car lot and start crying and have a massive breakdown an Abi or Lauren could find him and comfort him and then at Tanya's funeral when he is saying a few words he could have another breakdown and then get on with his life and still think about Tanya but be a single father to Oscar, Abi and Lauren and maybe find another woman or have another storyline. Do you like that idea I don't want it to happen now bit maybe in 3 or 4 years or 5 years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No not Jake and not Jo I wouldlike it if Jo returns aftrer her break and stays for at least 3 years or 2 years and then if Tanya could get cervical cancer again and she finds out she is going to die and Max could propose to Tanya romantically and then a few hours or a day before Tanya dies they can have a deathbed wedding and then Tanya can say goodbye to Lauren, Abi, Oscar, Cora, Carol, Dot, Jack and hopefully her Ava and Kahli and Rainie and then there can be a 10 minute scene with Max and Tanya and then Tanya can die in Max's arms and then Max could lie in his bed or on the sofa not speaking and eating and only drinking and then he could go to the car lot and start crying and have a massive breakdown an Abi or Lauren could find him and comfort him and then at Tanya's funeral when he is saying a few words he could have another breakdown and then get on with his life and still think about Tanya but be a single father to Oscar, Abi and Lauren and maybe find another woman or have another storyline. Do you like that idea I don't want it to happen now bit maybe in 3 or 4 years or 5 years

Yes, of course. Would you like to be on my production team if, say, Tom Willis or Uncle Quentin isn't interested ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, of course. Would you like to be on my production team if, say, Tom Willis or Uncle Quentin isn't interested ?

Can't I be on the production team as well?
  • Options
    EEfansince1990EEfansince1990 Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Lindsey coulson martine mccutcheon Micheal french
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can't I be on the production team as well?

I'll discuss it with the others and let you know. Will you still be on here at, say, 4 pm this afternoon ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll discuss it with the others and let you know. Will you still be on here at, say, 4 pm this afternoon ?

Yep I will be :) I wonder how people get to be executive producers at Eastenders if I was Eastenders executive producer I would have you on my team of production I might ask you to be the producer
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there anyone in Eastenders who you think can act? Why do you think Jake Wood, Jo Joyner, Ann Mitchell, Lindsey Coulson, Charlie Brooks, Steve John Shepherd, Steve McFadden, Patsy Palmer, Lorna Fitzgerald, Danielle Harold, Jamie Borthwick, Linda Henry, Letitia Dean, Adam Woodyatt, Diane Parish Nina Wadia, Nitin Ganatra, Jacqueline Jossa, Hetti Bywater, Maisie Smith, Devon Higgs, Harry Hickles, Jessie Wallace and Shane Richie can't act. Jake Wood is the best actor in Eastenders and Jo Joyner imo is the best actress in Eastenders Jo was fantastic in the cancer storyline and she is fantastic in every scene she does and Jake Wood is fantastic in every scene he does and Lindsey Coulson was fantastic in the episode when Carol found out Billie died and Ann Mitchell has been fantastic this week and Danielle Harold has been fantastic recently especially in the episode when Lexie was took of Lola and Steve John Shepherd is fantastic and Charlie Brooks was fantastic in the last few months before her break

A fantastic post. I also like Jake Wood and Jo Joyner but I could only pick 3
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    my top two are
    1. jake wood
    2. linda henry

but i honestly cant think of a 3rd. all the ones i think off aren't amazing in everything they do. Ann mitchell is quickly becoming similar to Linda but she hasn't been in it that long. Similar to danielle harold she is brilliant but just hasn't been in it long enough
  • Options
    blue_angelblue_angel Posts: 3,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »

I was overjoyed at David's return at New Year. I was even more overjoyed that after 15 years he still had his clicky heels and still carried his keys/phone around in his hand rather than his pocket (it's weird the things you remember about characters isn't it?) It was like he never left, there was strong character continuity and he fit in more in those couple of weeks than some characters that have been there a couple of years do.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    It's the writers that often let the actors down on EastEnders, I honestly think overall they have the best cast (acting wise) with the odd exception, but there is only so much they can do with terribly written scripts and direction.

I've liked many over the years but the ones who've left the biggest impression on me were:

Martin Kemp
    Charlie Brooks
    Jessie Wallace (original stint, she's lost her ability imo).