Biggleswade Town v Canvey Island
Shortwood United v Aldershot Town
Woking v Luton Town
Brislington v Welling United
Hartley Wintney or Clevedon Town v Grays Athletic or Daventry Town
Staines Town v Poole Town

them ties will be played a week tomorrow

a week sunday till the 1st round draw... it will be on ITV 1.35pm

so i thought i would start off a thread for this season...
BT Sport are saying coming soon to BT Sport1HD

Comments

• SteveMartinSteveMartin Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great old names in that draw. I would love to see West Auckland get through, they had that famous 6-1 win over Juventus many years ago.
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,060
    Forum Member
    Even though this is the 2nd season in a row, it's going to feel strange watching the draw and not thinking "excellent, we're at home, lowly conference north/south or below team please" or "please don't draw us away to them" at this stage.
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on the Needham Market! :D
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm looking forward to going to see the Local Derby between Ebbsfleet United v Dartford
  • JudioJudio Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4th Qualifying Round Draw now Complete

24 Conference Sides
    ============
    12 Conference North Sides
    8 Conference South Sides
    ============
    3 Isthmian Premier Sides
    2 Northern Premier Sides
    7 Southern Premier Sides
    ============
    8 Step 4 or Lower Clubs

The 8 Clubs are
    Marske United
    Brislington
    Hartley Wintney
    Chatham
    Heybridge Swifts
    Needham Market
    Daventry
    Shortwood United
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of the 4th qualifying round ties are broadcast on TV. What a strange time to start the thread.
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    BT are advertising it as "coming soon to BT Sport 1"? Odd, I thought them being unable to break the contract which stipulates that their FA rights 'must be broadcast on a channel called ESPN' was the only reason for the ESPN channel sticking around with that branding.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Nice to see. My old home town st Albans there
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely this thread should be in the sports section ?
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    Surely this thread should be in the sports section ?

Why? It'll no doubt be used regarding potential TV games when the draws are made.
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    Why? It'll no doubt be used regarding potential TV games when the draws are made.

next sunday is the draw for rd 1 and potential tv games!!!!
  • packerbullypackerbully Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zac Quinn wrote: »
    BT are advertising it as "coming soon to BT Sport 1"? Odd, I thought them being unable to break the contract which stipulates that their FA rights 'must be broadcast on a channel called ESPN' was the only reason for the ESPN channel sticking around with that branding.

It seems that was just Chinese whisper. ESpn has been kept around because of the niche US sports market and the fact it can be used for overflow from the 2 BT channels, A lot of people would not have subscribed to BT if the US coverage, which is relatively cheap, was dropped. Me being one.
  • ariusukariusuk Posts: 13,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since BT won rights to show the FA Cup from 2014-18, they have been allowed to put the FA Cup on a BT channel this season.

A sensible decision from the FA.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ariusuk wrote: »
    Since BT won rights to show the FA Cup from 2014-18, they have been allowed to put the FA Cup on a BT channel this season.

A sensible decision from the FA.

So this season the FA Cup is shared by ITV and BT although BT don't have any rights until 2014 ?
  • coventrywooocoventrywooo Posts: 3,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this season the FA Cup is shared by ITV and BT although BT don't have any rights until 2014 ?

well they do as they brought espn
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

BT does have the rights though. They got them when they bought the ESPN UK channels operation in the same that they got the US sports.
    Its just that The FA have allowed BT to screen the The FA Cup games on BT branded channels for this season instead of ESPN, meaning that ESPN on weekends can carry on what it does, showing US sports and whatnot.
    Makes sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else think that it is a strange coincidence that Sky have 3 Premier League Games on the Sunday of first round day so that the BT games will be ignored by viewers ??

Also will ITV go head to head with Sky or will they go for a Saturday lunchtime match instead ??
    Forum Member
    Judio wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that it is a strange coincidence that Sky have 3 Premier League Games on the Sunday of first round day so that the BT games will be ignored by viewers ??

Also will ITV go head to head with Sky or will they go for a Saturday lunchtime match instead ??

They'll have 2 matches at least will ITV. Saturday and Sunday lunchtime more than likely. Also, it's totally normal for Sky to want various games live on 1st round day (and 2nd round day). They're hardly going to think "it's the FA Cup, let's not show many games that weekend because it'd be wrong to do so"
  • seagull_Markseagull_Mark Posts: 3,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    They'll have 2 matches at least will ITV. Saturday and Sunday lunchtime more than likely. Also, it's totally normal for Sky to want various games live on 1st round day (and 2nd round day). They're hardly going to think "it's the FA Cup, let's not show many games that weekend because it'd be wrong to do so"

I think itv will only have the one match from each of rounds 1 and 2 as per previous years. Usually early Sunday lunchtime. BT, as ESPN before them, should have two I think.
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, there's no coincidence at all, Sky have four matches that weekend but they can't show a Monday night game because of the internationals the following weekend. Rather than having to pass on one of the games, they're showing a triple bill on Sunday instead, which they're perfectly within their rights to do.

ITV will indeed have one game. Pretty sure it won't be on Saturday lunchtime as BT aren't showing a Premier League match that weekend (with 38 games they have to miss a few weekends) so they'll probably show one of their matches at Saturday lunchtime.

FA Cup first and second round matches almost always go up against Premier League games on Sky because there's a full Premier League programme so there aren't many slot that aren't filled by Premier League games. If you want to watch the FA Cup, though, you'll watch the FA Cup. A few seasons ago, ITV showed their live game opposite a Championship game on the Beeb.
  • stato77stato77 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BT Sport have a game scheduled for coverage on Friday 8th on BT Sport 1
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can you post a link to advanced BT Sport schedules ??

I Cant find more than 2 weeks in advance
  • stato77stato77 Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I cant post the info I'm afraid.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the draw has not yet being made for the 1st round, the schedules for the FA Cup coverage couldn't be 100% confirmed anyway. What will BT do for instance if both the matches they want to show can't be played on Friday night, due to police.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

See here, half way down on the 8th November