Options

Are you unhappy with your body

mintbromintbro Posts: 6,733
Forum Member
The older I get the more unhappy I become about my self. I have the body of a teenage boy, have been to the gym etc but it doesn't seem to work

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    What's wrong? Are you eating properly?
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy with the way I look. It's a privilege to grow older, lots of people don't. I'm healthy, not morbidly obese, not clinically depressed, and people don't point and laugh at me in the street. That'll do.

OP have you asked someone at the gym about how to bulk up with exercise and dietary supplements?
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. In my 20s I didn't have to work hard at all to be slim. These days I'm finding it harder and harder to fight the flab. I like my shape but I don't like my size. I'm too fat. Thick arms and legs, it's doing my head in. In fact I should be in the gym right now instead of posting on here. I'm going after breakfast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Progrez wrote: »
    What's wrong? Are you eating properly?

It's more to do with being a small boned person. My arms are like matchsticks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. In my 20s I didn't have to work hard at all to be slim. These days I'm finding it harder and harder to fight the flab. I like my shape but I don't like my size. I'm too fat. Thick arms and legs, it's doing my head in. In fact I should be in the gym right now instead of posting on here. I'm going after breakfast.
    I'm sure you're not fat, didn't you post a photo of yourself on the picture thread? If it was you, you looked enviably slim.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Yes -To short don't weigh enough and looks wise well I once took a holiday to Crystal Lake and this guy Jason give me his mask saying my need was greater than his
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mintbro wrote: »
    The older I get the more unhappy I become about my self. I have the body of a teenage boy, have been to the gym etc but it doesn't seem to work

What was your workout routine at the gym?
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member

You need to stick at the gym for at least a couple of years, eat properly and lift heavy weights at least 4 times a week. Results don't appear overnight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes -To short don't weigh enough and looks wise well I once took a holiday to Crystal Lake and this guy Jason give me his mask saying my need was greater than his
    Eat more chocolate, ask Simon Cowell for a loan of his Cuban heels, and give Jason back his mask - you're not that dreadful :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Swipe wrote: »
    You need to stick at the gym for at least a couple of years, eat properly and lift heavy weights at least 4 times a week. Results don't appear overnight.

Being quite small boned though I would think its impossible to see any results
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member

Your bones will be pretty much the same lengths and widths of anyone elses.
  • Options
    Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnitaS wrote: »
    I'm sure you're not fat, didn't you post a photo of yourself on the picture thread? If it was you, you looked enviably slim.
    Because I've been slimmer before...I keep comparing myself to how I was before, I'm finding it hard to accept that I'm older, I'm 32 not 22 and my body has changed/is changing. It's a bit pathetic admittedly.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sounds like you are an ectomorph. There is nothing to stop you from building muscle. There are plenty sites out there with workout routines and nutrition advice for your body type.
  • Options
    SwipeSwipe Posts: 6,381
    Forum Member

If you follow a decent program you'll see some results (within a couple of months) but it might take you a couple of years to go from super skinny to not be considered skinny at all. It all depends how motivated you are to change your body. Once you see progress, that alone gives you motivation to want it more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't say I was skinny now, I do have a bit of a belly. I'm 5ft 7 and have a very small build
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's more to do with being a small boned person. My arms are like matchsticks

I'm oriental heritage and too have a small bone structure, it doesn't really affect muscular development, infact having small wrists, joints etc can make your muscles look bigger. It sounds more like a diet issue to me. If you eat 5000kcals a day, you won't struggle to put on weight
  • Options
    KittyKreamKittyKream Posts: 4,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope,I'm happy with mine :)
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    I'm just unhappy that it doesn't do what I want it to (get and stay pregnant)

Other then that it's ok
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could be taller, and my endocrine system is a bit of a disappointment, but other than that I'm content enough.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy with mine. I was obese, now I'm not. I've improved my diet and exercise a lot and it's paid off.There's still room for improvement of course.
    The only part I'm not too keen on is my abdominal area. I have like a little 'apron' that hangs down, but I have had 3 children in addition to previously being fat there, so obviously my skin has been stretched there. I don't stress about it though.
    If you are unhappy OP perhaps you should think about getting some professional advice on the best fitness programme for you, then stick to it. It can take years to see real results, but any improvement is good.
  • Options
    FaithyHFaithyH Posts: 2,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite happy. I hated my large boobs when I was younger but I'm ok with them now. Grown to love them a little. I'd like longer legs I'm 5'4 and would love to be about 5 inches taller.
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member

I don't think you have too much to worry about.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not happy at all at the moment, lost about a stone after an operation 3 months ago and can't seem to put it back on. Scrawny is not a good look on me :(
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happier than I was when I was younger, definitely.

I do wish I wasn't born the shape I am but there isn't anything I can do about that so I've learnt to accept it over the years. I suppose it's a case of always wanting what we can't have. I'm an hourglass and I'd love to be less curvy and more straight up and down and yet friends whose bodies are the shape I'd like to be wish they had more curves - humans eh!
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a thing to say! :o I hope you told Jason to stick his mask where the sun don't shine, James!

I'm fairly happy with mine. If I could change anything I'd make my boobs smaller. I'm very envious of women who have a smaller bust!