Scott Bakula Joins NCIS: New Orleans

BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
Forum Member
http://tvline.com/2014/02/03/pilot-ncis-new-orleans-cast-scott-bakula/

Good casting, my interest in this show has gone up a notch.

Comments

• PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigFoot87 wrote: »

Prob a daft question, but do you know what end of the NCIS spectrum this is ment to fall? (i.e. traditional NCIS or LA?)
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Prob a daft question, but do you know what end of the NCIS spectrum this is ment to fall? (i.e. traditional NCIS or LA?)

No idea to be honest. I'm hoping for something different from both NCIS and LA. I admit I enjoy NCIS a bit more.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think of Scott Bakula and NCIS and it screams "Gibbs II"
  • BluedayBlueday Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Surprised about another ncis spinoff, I thought they'd abandoned the idea after the failed Red experiment.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No idea to be honest. I'm hoping for something different from both NCIS and LA. I admit I enjoy NCIS a bit more.

Thanks for replying. Me I'm an LA fan. At risk of being lynched, I could never get into NCIS. I tried about 3 or 4 eps and couldn't get into it, yet LA I pretty much took to straight away.

I'm a Scott Bakula fan, so I want to like it! (mainly from Quantum Leap and loved his character in Chuck too, hated Enterprise tho)
  • TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You think of Scott Bakula and NCIS and it screams "Gibbs II"

It does Jason, and I hope it stays around so the writers can explore the characters back story like Gibbs has been in NCIS.

As to the casting itself, I think it an inspired choice, fingers crossed the pilot works....
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blueday wrote: »
    Surprised about another ncis spinoff, I thought they'd abandoned the idea after the failed Red experiment.
    yes, this is starting to look a little desperate.

That said NCIS: LA was completely revamped after its pilot, so if CBS want another one, they will get it, even if it requires alot of tinkering. They are certainly giving the producers time to work out the kinks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hurrah!

I can't wait to see his huge range of expressions on another show....

:-| Angry
    :-| happy
    :-| sad
    :-| In love
    :-| In Pain
    :-| Smiling
    :-| Scowling
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CCH Pounder has joined as Medical Examiner, Dr. Wade

Zoe McLellan has joined as Special Agent Brody - not her JAG character in the same universe ;)
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the nearest US Navy base to New Orleans?
  • Pacha67Pacha67 Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Where is the nearest US Navy base to New Orleans?

Pensacola Naval Air Station?

As a port on the Gulf Coast, there's likely to be a presence of some sort to assist the Coast Guard with anti drug operations etc...and you can guarantee that as a party city, it attracts it's fair share of sailors and marines...
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pacha67 wrote: »
    Pensacola Naval Air Station?

As a port on the Gulf Coast, there's likely to be a presence of some sort to assist the Coast Guard with anti drug operations etc...and you can guarantee that as a party city, it attracts it's fair share of sailors and marines...

OK just when I visited New Orleans, I don''t remember seeing many Aircraft carriers on the waterfront or evidence of any 'navy activity'
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Given how successful NCIS and NCIS:LA are for CBS I’m not surprised they are attempting another spin off, even after NCIS:Red didn’t go anywhere.

As for the location, if it’s anything like NCIS:LA then it won’t really matter as it seems each story only has the most tedious naval connection. Don’t get me wrong, I like NCIS:LA (it’s the only of the NCIS series that I watch) but it feels like it really wants to be a normal crime show that is handicap by its name.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    Zoe McLellan has joined as Special Agent Brody - not her JAG character in the same universe ;)
    oops, funny how its the NCIS verse these days, and not the JAGverse.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll be quite happy to see Zoe in this. She always nice to look at when she was in JAG :D
  • mccaffepmccaffep Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Oh Boy !...
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. Me I'm an LA fan. At risk of being lynched, I could never get into NCIS. I tried about 3 or 4 eps and couldn't get into it, yet LA I pretty much took to straight away.

I'm a Scott Bakula fan, so I want to like it! (mainly from Quantum Leap and loved his character in Chuck too, hated Enterprise tho)

I'm a Trek fan so I was obligated to watch Enterprise, but for me, he was much better in Chuck which didn't require him to be pissed off most of the time.
    Charnham wrote: »
    That said NCIS: LA was completely revamped after its pilot, so if CBS want another one, they will get it, even if it requires alot of tinkering.

Suffice to say that LA wasn't the show I was expecting after the pilot. I watch it, but I don't enjoy it as much as NCIS.
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Hurrah!

:D For Enterprise Season 3, it was mainly :-| (as in Angry).
    CCH Pounder has joined as Medical Examiner, Dr. Wade

Seriously?!?? Damn-it, I was looking forward to the return of Jennifer Coates (in Uniform :p).
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So who has seen the first half of the could-be pilot? :)

Crescent City: Part 1

Crescent City: Part 2
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Hurrah!

or in drag.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Have you seen the pilot? I did last night and it was awful, cannot stand Bakula and his dire attempts at acting, this is a spin off to far. CBS are being lazy again rather than find a new hit they milk old ones for rather predictable fare.

Hope it tanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have and it stank. NCIS has been pretty poor this season with the loss of Ziva David and the blonde bint is rather wooden, and bakulas accent stinks. And they reused part of the old NCIS LA set from its pilot when Louise Lombard was the boss..
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    I have and it stank. NCIS has been pretty poor this season with the loss of Ziva David and the blonde bint is rather wooden, and bakulas accent stinks. And they reused part of the old NCIS LA set from its pilot when Louise Lombard was the boss..

I must admit Scott Bakulas use of the word bubba (well think that's what he said) and that was god awful terrible acting, terrible cast so far nothing redeemable about the other two members of the team either
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I must admit Scott Bakulas use of the word bubba (well think that's what he said) and that was god awful terrible acting, terrible cast so far nothing redeemable about the other two members of the team either

To me its like the casting director deliberately went for an old hasbeen and two utterly wooden drama school drop outs, still not sure if it was bubba he said as he tended to mumble in every scene.

There are major problems with the main show at the moment that needs to be addressed before they spin off into another clone and how come we heard of Mike Franks since the beginning but judging from last nights dire effort this southern joke was apparently in the same team as Franks and Gibbs,.

Very poor script, incredibly lazy acting and an insult to the NCIS fanbase.
  • dj999dj999 Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

have seen Part 1, its ok. when i told my lot wots happening with ncis and new series, they thought was a bit of a let down.
    have to see how they play out the 2nd part
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never watched this show and, although sci-fi isn't my thing either, I did like Scott playing Sam Beckett, in Quantum Leap. Such a talented and versatile actor.