Chelsea Supporters Thread (Part 5)

Comments

• carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member
    Merry Christmas fellow Chelsea fans. Hope you all have a nice time tomorrow, & that the team give us a win on Boxing Day. :)
  • ButterfliesButterflies Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Merry Christmas fellow Chelsea fans. Hope you all have a nice time tomorrow, & that the team give us a win on Boxing Day. :)

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

Even our boys in blue are wishing us a merry Christmas too...

http://instagram.com/p/w_RJ8gOjCK/?modal=true (Edit - click to play the video)

:D:D:D:D
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have a great Christmas everyone !
  • pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have an great Christmas all my fellow my chelsea fans
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Top at Christmas with the best team in the league! Xx
  • SazzybluegirlSazzybluegirl Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Hope all my fellow Chelsea fans had a great Christmas.

Here's hoping for 3 lovely points tomorrow (late Christmas pressie from Santa).:p
  • Harry BoatHarry Boat Posts: 355
    Forum Member
    Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, JT , Dave; Fabregas, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa.

Subs: Cech, Zouma, Filipe Luis, Mikel, Ramires, Schurrle, Drogba.

Glad to see Hazard's ok.
  • JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great performance today. Should of been more.
  • Society619Society619 Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Chelsea wins 2-0

9-0-0 at Home and 6 point up at the moment on City. No time for celebrating, now we have to play Southhampton on short rest
    Forum Member
    City gonna stay 3 points back after this one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comfortable win in the end. I was expecting more from West Ham, but they didn't really show up for this one. The only slightly disappointing thing about our performances recently has been the goal return from the chances created. Today we had 28 shots, 9 on target, but only managed the 2 goals. We will need to improve on that when playing better teams.
    Another fine team performance, I thought Costa had a terrific game and showed everything we were missing during the Torres years. Even without his goal, Diego showed us text book example of how a modern CF should play the game. Hazard was brilliant again, unplayable at times, and Matic is fast becoming one of the best defensive midfielders in the world..in my opinion. Maybe I'm being a bit OTT there, but I can't think of anyone I'd swap him for right now. :)
    Forum Member
    With City stomping Brom right now, Sunday's game against Southampton is a must win considering City will be playing another bottom 5 team at home on Sunday.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Matic is excellent. I knew he'd be good defensively, but he's proving to be so much more than that.

Bit worrying that we only got 2. We really need to put 4 or 5 past someone when we dominate a match like today. Only takes 1 mistake for the opposition to get back into a match.
  • Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another professional and well worked result. Very good balance to the team now, and it was nice to see some changes late on to use other players like Ramires, especially during the very busy period.

One criticism of Jose Mourhino in the past is his reluctance to change the side until the side loses. Perfection would be recognising when a player is getting tired, and / or the play is becoming too predictable and making the adjustment before the loss happens.

The rivals are still winning and Chelsea need to do the same and go on a run of 9 or 10 wins to really put the pressure on.
    Forum Member
    Southampton has been exposed against top of the table teams the last few weeks. However we have had our issues on the road as well the last few weeks. With City playing a regulation team at home on Sunday, this is a must win to keep the pressure on them to win. Probably would start Drogba over Costa as well.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    I wish we'd signed Alexis Sanchez :(
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand the obsession with changing things for changing sake. This is a very new team in terms of players and the system they playing they need to play with each other week in week out if we are to challenge for the title season after season, We are still a long way from how good we could (and should) be and we only going to get better with playing time. The new players have come in and settled well into English football but not well enough that a break would be a benefit (more so at the moment when they are not use to the short turnaround in games). We are dealing with highly fit professional athletes yes they will be feeling tired etc but their professionalism will kick in. Other the coming seasons I would hope the poor level of the league will improve greatly and we need to be ready for that
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,029
    Forum Member
    So Torres is joining AC Milan permanently in January, then being sent straight out to Atletico Madrid for the rest of the season in a loan swap for one of their players? Interesting move. At least we will have properly washed our hands of him.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a very good move for all parties.

Yes he was not the player we expected but he does leave after creating some amazing memories
  • Tip top 2Tip top 2 Posts: 784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday 28th December 2.05 p.m.

Mourhino will probably bring some fresh legs in. Probably Luis, Mikel, Schurrle and maybe Drogba or Ramires. Essential over the very busy period. The spine will be the same, and Chelsea should win this one, although Southampton are good and on a good run of form.

Prediction. Chelsea 3 - 1 win.

Come on the Chels'! :cool:
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear!
    Forum Member
    Southampton strikes first
    Forum Member
    We are 3-1-0 when conceding the first goal
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been a lot of sloppy play that we didn't see against Stoke or West Ham. Great goal by Hazard, but he's been the only threat in the first half.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Society619 wrote: »
    We are 3-1-0 when conceding the first goal

I wouldn't entirely blame John Terry though. There didn't appear to be any danger, they had pushed up bu a sloppy pass by Mikel gave the ball away. Then Mikel and Ivanovic seemed to get in each others way allowing the Southamton player to burst through.
    I would have taken off Mikel, after a couple of decent games he appears to have gone back to the player we knew only too well..slow and far too casual.