help re ex

2»

Comments

• hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BZR wrote: »
    i dont know if anyone picked up on it in my original post but i did hit him the last time i saw him which was yesterday which has resulted in 3 little scratches 2 his face, i did this because he would not get out of my car and i felt threatened, he is now saying if i dont forgive him he will go to the police and get me done for assault
    im not normally a violent person and i wouldnt of done it unless it was provoked :(
    thanks so much im sitting here shaking every time i hear a car door slam

Call the police yourself. Keep all texts refuse to speak to him. Explain to the police you did because you were in fear of your own safety.

Do it now.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If he got beaten up last night, then he cannot attribute any scratches or marks to you.

You have the texts to prove that he was beaten up. His word against yorus, so don't worry about that aspect of his threatening behaviour.
  • MonkeylalalaMonkeylalala Posts: 915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks alot everyone, it started again last night i had a call at 3am saying he had been beaten up and he thinks i arranged it, i most certaintly did not it was probably his own loud mouth, this carried on til 4am, him accusing me, him telling me he had someone following me in the bars i went to. this morning another text came about how now hes sober he realises it wasnt me and can we meet for lunch!!
    ive told him to not conact me again, he is blocked and deleted on all acounts and even my friends accounts, im not going out tonight as he thinks i am but im willing to stay in to avoid him.
    now all im getting texts is saying how ive obviously never cared and that i hate him, i know he will never change, ive told my friends so everyone is away and ive told my siblings as they regularly go town and i dont want them in a situation with him.
    im just hoping he gets the message now, ive refused to meet him and i never will

That's awful. Keep a diary of everything he does and who witnesses it, you may need this if you get into the situation where you need to get a restraining order.

Is it possible you can change your phone number? You shouldn't have to put up with phone calls like that at god knows what hour.

Also I would try and speak to your work, to a sympathetic manager if you don't want to talk to your line manager. Partly this is so they can look out for him hanging around so you can report it and also so they don't let him in. But I think you also let them know so they realise you are not ina relationship with this man and you are oot encouraging this, that it is purely harrassment because you've broken up.

I say that becas unfortunately unless you make this explicitly clear to your bosses they may blame you for him turning up causing trouble.

Good luck, I hope you manage to get this all sorted.
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just got a text if we dont meet up and sort it im going to the police!
  • BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hes getting a restrainin order on me now! think it should be other way round
  • hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't reply. Keep the texts and call the police yourself. You have evidence of him threatening and harassing you. Stop letting him control things.
  • Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He won't do it - and if he does it will work to your advantage as it will keep the two of you apart! Don't respond to any of these messages.
  • PinkvelvetPinkvelvet Posts: 10,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely don't respond to his messages and don't panic about the police. I very much doubt he will go anywhere near them and if he does, he is in for a world of trouble.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Phone the domestic abuse helpline now, they can advise you on how to deal with this. Their number is 0808 2000 247. It is a government helpline, here is a link to their website with details:

http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.gov.uk/domesticviolence/domesticviolence40.htm

It says on the website that even if he hasn't hit you they can give advice on harrasment.

Although everybody on here means well this is getting too serious for you just to take advice from this forum.

Please, please call them. You don't have to put up with this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Message not showing again ffs
  • ValLambertValLambert Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Let him try. And let him go to the police. With all your texts, evidence of him turning up at work etc you have nothing to fear. The scratches on his face? His word against yours... he knows you could tell the police it was self defence as you were in fear for your personal safety.

This is all just a way of keeping you in his life. OP can you get a new phone or sim card and make sure he doesn't get the new number? He is harassing you and he knows it.