✭✭✭
Great

Comments

• StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lysandar wrote: »
    Great

Thank you for that highly detailed review.

It's working OK on my iPad mini 2, although I am finding the keyboard layout a bit irritating for some reason.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member
    Lysandar wrote: »
    Great
    This is Apple software that we're talking about so the appropriate description is 'magical'! :D
  • SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice any obvious differences at first, on my ipod touch 6g. I had to google what the supposed differences were! Bit underwhelmed TBH. :D
  • LysandarLysandar Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice any obvious differences at first, on my ipod touch 6g. I had to google what the supposed differences were! Bit underwhelmed TBH. :D

Attachments to E-mails are far simpler.
    Multi-tasking abounds.
    You can draw pretty pictures in 'Notes'
    You can make notes while surfing the net.
    And much more - have a dekko at Tips.

When I ordered my new iPhone by phone, the very obliging sales bod said I had made a 'magical' choice. Delivery 12th. Oct.
    Magical!
  • dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member
    Using on iPad Air1 16gb wifi.

I only use the iPad for browsing, emails and video streamed from my computer, you tube etc.

I hate iPads and only bought it because it was cheap (man in pub). I hate them mostly because the guardians websites constantly crashies the browser (chrome or safari) when I use it and recently digital spy has been a problem.

Pleased that the update was small and quick. So far no browser crashes so happy, it seems to be stable on the net, hopefully it lasts.
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    dosanjh1 wrote: »

I only use the iPad for browsing, emails and video streamed from my computer, you tube etc.

I hate iPads and only bought it because it was cheap (man in pub). I hate them mostly because the guardians websites constantly crashies the browser (chrome or safari) when I use it and recently digital spy has been a problem.

Pleased that the update was small and quick. So far no browser crashes so happy, it seems to be stable on the net, hopefully it lasts.

Funny as the beta ran well on my iPad2 but the proper release is slow and buggy and Safari crashes all the time.

Decided iPad needs scrapping. Need to think of a good way to kill it.
  • cookieonecookieone Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    hi

Updated iPad to ios9 and now safari doesn't seem to want to remember any log in details for various websites (user names).

Anyone else having this problem?
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    II hate them mostly because the guardians websites constantly crashies the browser (chrome or safari)

So let me get this straight, you hate the hardware and software of Apple, because the twonks at the Grauniad website can't do their job. :confused: Are you sure you wouldn't be happier with some kind of super cheap crapstastic Android thing from Tesco. Sounds more your speed.
    Forum Member
    So let me get this straight, you hate the hardware and software of Apple, because the twonks at the Grauniad website can't do their job. :confused: Are you sure you wouldn't be happier with some kind of super cheap crapstastic Android thing from Tesco. Sounds more your speed.

You're certainly right with that. A cheap crap device that works for what the user needs it for is always better than a high end one that doesn't.

Anyway, I had a random safari crash again yesterday. The website I was on was Google news.
  • alycidonalycidon Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Safari pages have to keep being reloaded. Impossible to open spreadsheets in numbers. Inputting of text very slow.

I am not happy with it.
  • egrosegros Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    For me it is a complete disaster! They have changed the mail program to drop mails from Pop3. All I get is a "not downloaded" message after 3 days for any message that has been deleted from the server.
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    alycidon wrote: »
    Safari pages have to keep being reloaded. Impossible to open spreadsheets in numbers. Inputting of text very slow.

I am not happy with it.
    Which device?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    testcard wrote: »
    Which device?

iPad 2
  • testcardtestcard Posts: 8,202
    Forum Member
    It is a 4 year old device with 512MB of RAM, compared to the iPad Air 2 with 2GB of RAM, so it's going to struggle. Might be worth creating a backup in iTunes, set up as a new device, and then restoring the backup. How much free storage is there on the iPad?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    testcard wrote: »
    It is a 4 year old device with 512MB of RAM, compared to the iPad Air 2 with 2GB of RAM, so it's going to struggle. Might be worth creating a backup in iTunes, set up as a new device, and then restoring the backup. How much free storage is there on the iPad?

3.2GB. I didn't realise that it could be a size issue, I just thought that there was a glitch with IOS9. The spreadsheet is only an analysis of my credit card expenditure, and I tend to maintain it on my PC, so it is not really vital to install it on the iPad as well. But it would have helped.

Many thanks for your help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking about this a bit more, surely operating systems that are upgraded from time should be at least capable of sustaining existing functions adopted by users. It would have been a right headache if this worksheet was something very important.

OK, so I find that I can continue by opening it in Google sheets, but I find numbers a better app to use.
  • kevin88kevin88 Posts: 864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find iOS 9 works great on my iPhone 6, but on my first generation iPad mini it is glitchy as hell. makes me want to throw my iPad of a bridge to be honest. going to downgrade back iOS 8 on my iPad for the time being.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kevin88 wrote: »
    I find iOS 9 works great on my iPhone 6, but on my first generation iPad mini it is glitchy as hell. makes me want to throw my iPad of a bridge to be honest. going to downgrade back iOS 8 on my iPad for the time being.

Sorry to be late in replying, Kevin. My OP was bemoaning the fact that I could not open my spreadsheets in IOS9, but Apple have corrected this a couple of days ago, and I can now do so.

Like you, I am not happy with IOS9, which has a number of glitches, the worst of which is the frequent message in Safari - 'there is a problem with this page and it will be reloaded' which I get numerous times when trying to look at a website. Website pages, too, jump about all over the place.

I would like to return to IOS8. Do you have any tips as how to go about it.

Thanks for replying to me.

Ian J
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I hate iPads and only bought it because it was cheap (man in pub). I hate them mostly because the guardians websites constantly crashies

So, you hate iPads yet buy one from a questionable source, and complain because the Grauniad can't maintain a working website. Wouldn't you be happier back with the Android mob?
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alycidon wrote: »
    Sorry to be late in replying, Kevin. My OP was bemoaning the fact that I could not open my spreadsheets in IOS9, but Apple have corrected this a couple of days ago, and I can now do so.

Like you, I am not happy with IOS9, which has a number of glitches, the worst of which is the frequent message in Safari - 'there is a problem with this page and it will be reloaded' which I get numerous times when trying to look at a website. Website pages, too, jump about all over the place.

I would like to return to IOS8. Do you have any tips as how to go about it.

Thanks for replying to me.

Ian J

That safari error appeared for me, back on iOS 8.x and was almost exclusive to the forums on DS. So far since iOS 9 (I am currently using 9.1.0) this very annoying error seems to have been reduced in its frequency.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cookieone wrote: »
    hi

Updated iPad to ios9 and now safari doesn't seem to want to remember any log in details for various websites (user names).

Anyone else having this problem?

I would say that being forced to type in this highly critical and sensitive data in each time is an improvement, not a backward step. I have always had my iPad configured to not remember such details even back before iOS 9.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So if I hated Apple stuff, I wouldn't buy one because it was cheap from a man in the pub. I would be an android or ms device from a shop instead (for a similar price as the apple one from the man I the pub).
    Forum Member
    So, you hate iPads yet buy one from a questionable source, and complain because the Grauniad can't maintain a working website. Wouldn't you be happier back with the Android mob?

So I bought one now so I'm stuck with it.

So TBF it got much better after 9.0.2 but then went wonkey again after 9.1
    Forum Member
    David (2) wrote: »
    So if I hated Apple stuff, I wouldn't buy one because it was cheap from a man in the pub. I would be an android or ms device from a shop instead (for a similar price as the apple one from the man I the pub).

So that's upto you really
  • StigStig Posts: 12,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I bought one now so I'm stuck with it.

So TBF it got much better after 9.0.2 but then went wonkey again after 9.1
    So... what problems are you actually having? Have you tried one of the new Ad blockers such as Adblock Plus (free)?