Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aye well you missed just how good we were in the other hour or so, breath taking so it was, at one point the liechtenstein players actually applauded our passing move, one was even brought to tears such was the sheer beauty of the football offered up by those galluss angels in navy blue

levein was actually seen to take his glasses off and rub his eyes in wonderment at the feast of football on show

Was that not Spain last friday?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    That was terrible!

Could've been 'Rooney scores away from home'
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that is the international football over with and we can get back to the important stuff.

I'm expecting a hard match against Hearts on Saturday but I expect us to shade it 2-0.

Apparently Hooper is back so I'll take him and Stokes to score the goals.
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An embarrassing performance from scotland and one which only goes to confirm the mess scottish football is in from primary school level all the way to the top. The lack of ball control and technical ability in the side is disgraceful. Celebrating a v luck 2-1 win over Liechtenstein like the Manager and players did was cringeworthy. There was nothing to be happy about and the Manager should of said aftwerwards how bad that really was. The spain game really could be a horror show. Am real happy Levien never got the celtic job. Clueless!!!

Boyd is a joke of a footballer . No movement, awareness or football brain. Looks like a sunday league player. Brown never fails to disappoint in showing how bad he is either.
  • Ian AberdonIan Aberdon Posts: 2,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How the mighty have fallen...liechtenstein were quite a decent outfit at one time...;)
  • big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Celtic fan I'd like to wish Brian Laudrup a speedy recovery. Get well soon bud.

Probably the greatest player of the modern era to grace our league
  • misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As a Celtic fan I'd like to wish Brian Laudrup a speedy recovery. Get well soon bud.

co-sign. A fantastic player!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could THG return to Celtic? He is already having doubts over whether he was right to leave the club.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Could THG return to Celtic? He is already having doubts over whether he was right to leave the club.

He looks like he has lost at least a couple of stone so if he does leave Fiorentina whoever gets him will be getting the THG of old.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,653
    Forum Member
    Since the dust has settled I now feel ready to give my opinion on last nights game

Levein at points looked clueless against a team with a land mass 1/3 the size of Arran. Incredible really that we went 1-0 down.

The reactions in my local pub for both goals were ridiculous as it just summed up scottish footballs state at the moment.

Fletcher shouldnt be picked again and why Dorrans is suddenly out of favour is beyond me.

Predictions

Czech Republic 0 Scotland 0
    Scotland 0 Spain 3
    Scotland 1 Czech Republic 1
    Scotland 2 Lithuania 1
    Spain 3 Scotland 0
  • StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,882
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »

Unhappy at being second choice to Frey. Could definitely see him back in January
  • jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree in part but getting a 58k crowd right on top of the pitch instead of being about 100 yards away like in the east and west stands at Hampden might help build the players up a bit more.

Doesn't really matter anyway as tickets for the Spain match go on sale tomorrow so it is far too late to change anything.

Surely the game would be better in a stadium where all fans can see the game.
    I always feel its a disadvantage when Dougie McD refs us because its common knowledge of his allegiances so its as if he tries to be not biased and ends up giving the opposition everything, last couple of times we have been at CP and he has reffed we have ended up with 9 men.

I don't mind Dougie McD, we didn't lose a game he reffed last season. No matter how hard he tried!
    Mandark wrote: »
    Agreed. The players shouldn't even need a manager to organise them to beat ultra minnows like Liechtenstein.

True. But that won't stop some. Before anyone asks I'm saying nothing because if I say anything about Levein it'll be because he was at United. So I actually don't see the point in saying anything.
    Forum Member

Yeah get well soon Brian! A excellent player and a true gent :)
    Forum Member
    And also best wishes to Laudrup. Hope he gets well soon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe people reckon the only player we have playing for a top side shouldn't play. That's bonkers. Fletcher's name should be first on the teamsheet, form is temporary, class is permanent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Surely the game would be better in a stadium where all fans can see the game.

Not seeing the game might turn out to be a good thing.
    True. But that won't stop some. Before anyone asks I'm saying nothing because if I say anything about Levein it'll be because he was at United. So I actually don't see the point in saying anything.

Comical as hell. You say people will you that as an accusation when you previously used it as a reason!

Remember, he's your 2nd most successful manager ever, you won a cup last season!
    Forum Member
    I can't believe people reckon the only player we have playing for a top side shouldn't play. That's bonkers. Fletcher's name should be first on the teamsheet, form is temporary, class is permanent.

Name the last time he had a good game for Scotland:confused:

He isnt a leader at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Comical as hell. You say people will you that as an accusation when you previously used it as a reason!

Remember, he's your 2nd most successful manager ever, you won a cup last season!

You said I only support him because he was at United, I replied why shouldn't I given how successful he was at United. Given the way Celtic fans worship Martin O'Neill like he was the second coming you think you would understand that.

Trust me no United fan will forget last season.
    Forum Member

But he is rotten every time he plays for Scotland. I know what you are getting at but it would only really apply if he had maybe had a few poor games. He has been murder in the majority of the games he's played for Scotland
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Name the last time he had a good game for Scotland:confused:

He isnt a leader at all.

Then change the captaincy, no wonder we never do well when the manager gets criticised for not playing our best players, then gets criticised for playing our best.
    Forum Member
    Then change the captaincy, no wonder we never do well when the manager gets criticised for not playing our best players, then gets criticised for playing our best.

An international manager should be picking players on their current form, not on their class. Pick players who are in form and we might find that their form carries through and we win (or play better at least). People shouldn't be picked because of who they play for or how big a name they are. That would mean a lot of Rangers players wouldn't have got in the Scotland squad, but I agree with that completely
    Forum Member

Our best leader is retired.

Cue backlash.
    Forum Member
    Scotlands best team if everyones fit IMO

Gordon

Hutton Weir Mcmanus Wallace

Maloney Brown Thomson Dorrans

McFadden
    Miller/Fletcher
    Forum Member
    Anyway, enough Scotland talk the big games are back this week :D
    Forum Member
    Anyway, enough Scotland talk the big games are back this week :D

Ill go for a scrappy 1-0 Gers win at New Douglas Park.

Im going to see it at my 'lucky' pub in town (and yes I was there last night!)
This discussion has been closed.