Spotted: [insert town name here]

sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Have you seen these on Facebook, basically it's a place where you can anonymously post pictures and posts about people round your town, yesterday I saw one called Name and Shame where actual names were posted and it went something like:

Named: Joe Bloggs
Shamed: has 7 kids and doesn't pay child support you scum bag.

I am absolutely disgusted by these sites and think it could really cause people, scum or not, unnecessary cyber attacks, I really think it's just cyber bullying and I think for people to post on these sites makes them cowardly low lifers! I really worry about cyber bullying, I worry some poor kid is gonna be named or photographed wearing the 'wrong' clothes or something and their life be ruined.

Comments

• CitizenofPhobosCitizenofPhobos Posts: 1,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't worry at all, if people aren't intelligent enough to realise the dangers of plastering their private life on the internet then more fool them.
  • sunsetbeachsunsetbeach Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But these people that they are naming or posting pics of don't have to be on Facebook, its random people int the street that could have friends/relatives reading these comments. Ie

Spotted: Girls who works in Costa with the red hair, your teeth are mank and you are a fat bitch.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy reading them. :o
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I enjoy reading them. :o

Me too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting a thread to draw more attention to them isn't a good idea then is it?
  • Fancy pantsFancy pants Posts: 804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoy reading some of the posts but my town is more of a (boring) dating web site for teenagers.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was on a Pembroke spotted it made me laugh:
    Not anonymous: to that gang of seagulls that wrecked my binbags tuesday, I know who you are as I have cctv and I will be coming for you. Don't think your clever because you got wings,they won't help you (well maybe a bit) anyway don't sleep too soundly on your perch, keep one eye open.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one for my town is 99% compliments.

I still dislike it though especially with one post that lead to comments JOKING about rape :mad: I ended up having to say something & I usually refuse to do so and won't like it.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    We have one of these in our University library but it's tame stuff like falling asleep at the computer or whatever.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    Just looked up the one for my home town. Mostly pictures of dodgy parking, people getting the admin to vent anonymously on their behalf about local businesses or people advertising stuff. It's been taken down at least once due to paedophile accusations.

It's a lot better than the one for another local town, which is basically full of anonymous perving and pictures of drunks and chavs!
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't worry at all, if people aren't intelligent enough to realise the dangers of plastering their private life on the internet then more fool them.

I don't think you've quite grasped the concept under discussion.
  • Ben_CoplandBen_Copland Posts: 4,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, he is a scum bag.. isn't he? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spotted : My Town

Not Spotted : Punctuation