Options

Please help re Zeppelin Air Setup

I have had a Zeppelin Air working fine on a BT Homehub 3. I have just changed my router to a BT Homehub 4. I need to add the Zeppelin to the wireless network for AirPlay.

I have been trying to do this on the iPad and iPhone by going into the Zeppelin wifi network but when I try to go to 169.254.1.1 which should take me to the setup page it isn't doing that.

With no luck that way I reset the Zeppelin to factory settings and tried doing it with the Ethernet cable attached. Every time I followed the instructions to set it up that way the Zeppelin just kept going into wireless set up (flashing yellow) so I never got to the point where I could enter 169.254.1.1

This is driving me insane. Can anyone please help me? I'm not very technical so won't understand computer jargon. If anyone can give me simple step by step instructions I would be so grateful.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The manual shows the steps required. I asssume you have connected the speaker to your computer directly via an ethernet cable and if your computer has WiFi you have turned off the WiFi completely (not just disconnected from your BT router) to force it to communicate over ethernet.

It also says you should press and hold the + volume button on the speaker for at least four seconds till the Air indicator turns purple.

If you haven't done either of those the speaker won't connect to the computer.

See page 7 of the manual

http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Admin/Downloads/Product/Manual/Zeppelin_Air_Manual.pdf
  • Options
    Loobs72Loobs72 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this. This manual you have provided a link to is different to the one I have. The one I have didnt say press + volume to get out of wireless network so I was stuck there.

I have now managed to complete the setup page and it said the zeppelin was successfully connected to the network.

At that stage in your manual it says to unplug the ethernet and the light will go solid purple when the wireless network is established but it is just staying flashing purple.

Any ideas/
  • Options
    chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loobs72 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. This manual you have provided a link to is different to the one I have. The one I have didnt say press + volume to get out of wireless network so I was stuck there.

I have now managed to complete the setup page and it said the zeppelin was successfully connected to the network.

At that stage in your manual it says to unplug the ethernet and the light will go solid purple when the wireless network is established but it is just staying flashing purple.

Any ideas/
    Try jut switching it off completely at the mains for a couple of minutes then power it back up and give it a few minutes to settle down.

If it still doesn't work re-do the set-up. Make sure you double and triple check the security password for the router as that is all too easy to get wrong.
  • Options
    Loobs72Loobs72 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally got it working by changing some settings in the advanced bit that another forum user gave me.

Thanks for your help