Options

13 Gay Bakeries Refuse to Bake Cake for Heterosexual Christian Man

Comments

• Options
    shankly123shankly123 Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bulletguy1 wrote: »
    I think you'd find Jewish and Roman Catholic people would disagree with you on that....possibly other religions too.

and they'd all be wrong - plenty of people convert in (or out) of religions. People don't convert in or out of being gay.

If a child was brought up with no outside influence, they'd always be gay. They wouldn't become a Catholic orJew without being influenced from outside.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even a gay poster on the other thread about the Irish bakery found himself singled out and hounded for daring to admit support for the bakery......and he lives in the damn country.
    Was that the bloke who was busy telling another poster that his marriage wasn't real and then claimed victimhood when he was pulled up on it?
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UKMikey wrote: »
    Was that the bloke who was busy telling another poster that his marriage wasn't real and then claimed victimhood when he was pulled up on it?

I wouldn't waste your time asking the OP questions, he doesn't seem to be able to answer them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronWx wrote: »
    I wouldn't waste your time asking the OP questions, he doesn't seem to be able to answer them.
    Perhaps we should ice them onto a cake and send them to the guy.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Sorry, totally inappropriate, but that line just made me laugh out loud.

It just read to me that someone could have 'consensual' sex with an animal..

To carry that on in a light hearted way...

A dog will often decide to hump a person's leg without asking them and it's then normally the human who is the non-consenting party. :D
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Perhaps we should ice them onto a cake and send them to the guy.

We would need to find out their sexuality before we do that as that's always traditionally been the very first important question asked when ordering a cake.

That and whether they own a hamster.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I don't understand why people don't just bake and ice their own cakes, rather than deliberately try and cause controversy.
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We would need to find out their sexuality before we do that as that's always traditionally been the very first important question asked when ordering a cake.

That and whether they own a hamster.

There would probably be some scripture somewhere that says it's against God's will to accept a cake which poses a question that challenges the recipient.
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Homophobic right-wing trolls for effect as they are wrong
  • Options
    Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    kitty86 wrote: »
    I don't understand why people don't just bake and ice their own cakes, rather than deliberately try and cause controversy.

Lack of either/both knowledge, ability and time
    It's not controversial to expect a shop to do what they claim to like bake a cake
    Plus baking hateful negative messages is different to embracing positivity
  • Options
    D_Mcd4D_Mcd4 Posts: 10,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is what happens when a heterosexual asks a bakery owned and run by gay people to bake a cake with "Gay Marriage is wrong" written on it.

Listen to the foul and abusive language he received from some he called.....some of whom were women too! :o:o

All 13 bakeries refused his request.

http://shoebat.com/2014/12/12/christian-man-asks-thirteen-gay-bakeries-bake-pro-traditional-marriage-cake-denied-service-watch-shocking-video/

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/12/14/13-gay-bakeries-refuse-to-bake-cake-for-heterosexual-christian-man/

Where do you even begin with this crap? You frequent some strange websites, that's all I'm going to say.
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member

Yep..
  • Options
    El GuapoEl Guapo Posts: 4,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As with the NI case it was in a state where it wasn't legally recognised.

It was clearly stated in the links.

Does not matter as I said we all know that two gay people getting married is not wrong. :D
  • Options
    David_Flanagan1David_Flanagan1 Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    Whats the crack with this story then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Homophobic right-wing trolls for effect as they are wrong
    I agree but it would be difficult to fit that on a cake. :D
  • Options
    AsarualimAsarualim Posts: 3,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to imagine what sort of purpose or event you'd need a 'Gay marriage is wrong' cake for.
    Doesn't sound much fun.

Christian picnic? Harry Potter book burning? Homphobe's prayer meeting? A homosexual intervention?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Whats the crack with this story then?

someone made a very badly designed experiment to see if gay baker`s would ice an anti gay message on a cake and claims it illustrates heterophobic attitudes in gay bakeries when it does nothing of the sort, bulletguy has jumped on this completely irrelevant bandwagon with no wheels and has thoroughly lost his debate before page 1 is filled, the rest is padding and pisstaking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    someone made a very badly designed experiment to see if gay baker`s would ice an anti gay message on a cake and claims it illustrates heterophobic attitudes in gay bakeries when it does nothing of the sort, bulletguy has jumped on this completely irrelevant bandwagon with no wheels and has thoroughly lost his debate before page 1 is filled, the rest is padding and pisstaking.
    He then complained that the thread was being derailed because it wasn't going in the direction he wanted.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Lack of either/both knowledge, ability and time
    It's not controversial to expect a shop to do what they claim to like bake a cake
    Plus baking hateful negative messages is different to embracing positivity

I agree and I'm sure there are plenty of bakeries that would do it no questions asked. I just don't know why people would approach places were they know it wouldn't be met with approval and then run to the papers about it. Is it about the cake or the story?

Just to clarify I mean this in regards to the people asking for both positive and negative ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He then complained that the thread was being derailed because it wasn't going in the direction he wanted.

:D oh dear!!! i missed that post.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    They should have baked the cakes and iced the word 'not' before the last one. Then tell the client they wrote all the words requested and added one free of charge.

ps.could swear this is an old story from a few months back.
  • Options
    David_Flanagan1David_Flanagan1 Posts: 303
    Forum Member
    I agree and I'm sure there are plenty of bakeries that would do it no questions asked. I just don't know why people would approach places were they know it wouldn't be met with approval and then run to the papers about it. Is it about the cake or the story?

Just to clarify I mean this in regards to the people asking for both positive and negative ones.

So did the gay bakers refuse the order or not?
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I often wonder what Christ would make of some of the churches who purport to embrace his very simple message, by distorting it to suit themselves.

He'd probably say "let he who is without sin bake the first scone".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    He'd probably say "let he who is without sin bake the first scone".

[HIGHLIGHT]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!![/HIGHLIGHT]
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    I agree and I'm sure there are plenty of bakeries that would do it no questions asked. I just don't know why people would approach places were they know it wouldn't be met with approval and then run to the papers about it.
    How would they know it wouldn't be met with approval? Regarding the original story I mean.