Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First report
    @lauzz1
    Maisie williams was on set. Wearing big black boots. And a black mask around her eyes. Dressed like a robber
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    First report

A mask around her eyes, what as in superhero style.
  • Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    First report

hmmm Susan's wardrobe has changed:)
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a few months where I couldn't visit this forum regularly unfortunately, so aplogise if this was discussed.

I may have imagined it, but I think I read somewhere the actress in McGanns regeneration mini-sode (the one who refused to go into his TARDIS because he was a Timelord) was going to be taking on a new role in this series?

The more I think about it, I think I imagined it .....
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    You're right kind of - Clare Higgins who played Ohila in The Night Of The Doctor will be in The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar, though we don't know for certain if she's reprising the role of Ohila or playing a new character altogether.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    You're right kind of - Clare Higgins who played Ohila in The Night Of The Doctor will be in The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar, though we don't know for certain if she's reprising the role of Ohila or playing a new character altogether.

Cool, I wasn't sure about the last bit as obviously the character died through stubborness, unless we meet an earlier version of her character (in which case why didn't she recognise the blue box that landed on her spaceship with McGann) ........ :)
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    surprised to not see any who related april fools 'news' stories around the web today, quite unusual.
  • Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    surprised to not see any who related april fools 'news' stories around the web today, quite unusual.

I think there are some on the dedicated fan sites (like saying Capaldi has been sacked after a fracas with a producer) but the show's no longer high enough on people's radar to warrant one on proper news sites like the BBC or even the tabloid sites. Clarkson and Top Gear on the other hand...
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there are some on the dedicated fan sites (like saying Capaldi has been sacked after a fracas with a producer) but the show's no longer high enough on people's radar to warrant one on proper news sites like the BBC or even the tabloid sites. Clarkson and Top Gear on the other hand...

Well, I'm gonna take a punt here and predict Doctor Who will outlast Top Gear. ;-)

Peter C is far too much of a gentleman to be so unprofessional. Not so sure about Jenna; she looks like the type who might have a mean right hook if someone proffers her a coffee and it's a tad lukewarm. We're *that* far away from controversy....
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm gonna take a punt here and predict Doctor Who will outlast Top Gear. ;-)

Peter C is far too much of a gentleman to be so unprofessional. Not so sure about Jenna; she looks like the type who might have a mean right hook if someone proffers her a coffee and it's a tad lukewarm. We're *that* far away from controversy....

I have it on good authority that the only reason Steven Moffett let her stay on for the next series is because she threatened to give him a Chinese burn if he didn't. (or chuck his car keys in the lava.):p
    Forum Member
    Rumours of Danny Cohen screaming "You are erased from Top Gear!" at Jeremy Clarkson in front of everyone in the Broadcasting House foyer are much exaggerated.
  • kjwillykjwilly Posts: 291
    Forum Member

Nice try.......load of claptrap
    Forum Member
    kjwilly wrote: »
    Nice try.......load of claptrap

Oh, and your links to all the Doctor Who April Fools on news sites I've somehow overlooked today?...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No theres some April Fools fiction!:D
    Forum Member
    April Fools jokes on news sites - always THE barometer reading of popularity! So looks like Who, The Avengers, Tolkien, Hunger Games - all history according to you!
    Forum Member
    Whoswho1 wrote: »
    No theres some April Fools fiction!:D

Then where are the Doctor Who April Fool's stories on news sites?

That was the point raised by the poster I was replying to.

Apparently I posted somewhere about The Avengers, Tolkien and Hunger Games, though I'm having trouble finding that one...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    April Fools silliness about a popular BBC show that's been in the headlines because, I understand, some silly arse hit someone and got his just desserts v April Fools silliness about a popular BBC show that is busy getting on with intensive filming for a new series...

If only said popular BBC shows could be reversed. More Top Gear, no Who in the Autumn.

One can dream....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    April Fools jokes on news sites - always THE barometer reading of popularity! So looks like Who, The Avengers, Tolkien, Hunger Games - all history according to you!

hmm, who knew april fool articles were evidence of success
    Forum Member
    Then where are the Doctor Who April Fool's stories on news sites?

Apparently I posted somewhere about The Avengers, Tolkien and Hunger Games, though I'm having trouble finding that one...

The risible point that you tried to make - no mainstream Who April Fools is down to it not being high enough on anyone's radar. I reflected that logic back to you, I.e. are you REALLY saying that if you are not part of a mainstream April Fool joke then you can't be high enough on anyone's radar. As I said earlier - claptrap!
    Forum Member
    are you REALLY saying that if you are not part of a mainstream April Fool joke then you can't be high enough on anyone's radar.

I said, if you're not high enough on mainstream radar, you won't be in anyone's April Fool joke. Now I've said it twice! Why don't you answer the poster who raised the point, perhaps focussing on your own explanation while you do it?

Remember in the olden days when Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were Doctor Who and Russell T Davies was the executive producer, and the show was constantly all over the tabloids?..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I said, if you're not high enough on mainstream radar, you won't be in anyone's April Fool joke. Now I've said it twice! Why don't you answer the poster who raised the point, perhaps focussing on your own explanation while you do it?

Remember in the olden days when Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant were Doctor Who and Russell T Davies was the executive producer, and the show was constantly all over the tabloids?..

Sorry to butt in again, but I remember when the olden days referred to, say, the William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton eras. Arghhhhhh! Time flies, doesn't it!

You couldn't keep the latest titbit about some sauciness involving William H off those rags front pages, I tells ya. And when you got a glimpse of the new companion's ankle. :o

(And as for Jamie's knees...oh my giddy aunt.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't poke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    Don't poke.

Sorry, vicar? ;-)

Edit: Spoilers and information are desperately needed to get this thread back on track! I'll stop being silly now. I'm sure CD93 et al are on the case. :)
  • Boz_LowdownlBoz_Lowdownl Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Because that idea is dead in the water. As he has said, they are the Doctor's most reliably defeatable enemy. What's the point of building a story around them in that way? There's no drama. They always get defeated.

Four words: Victory of the Daleks
This discussion has been closed.