Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Moireen wrote: »
    ... according to the Daily Fail.

What an interesting coincidence:
    https://twitter.com/#!/TheUrbanInsider/status/86423410137239552

If this WERE true, what would sexy, rich, succesful-in-her-own-right Nicole have to gain from this supposed sham of a relationship? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting tweet. Why would you repeat it?
  • Options
    northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they both come across as quite boring as a couple. I suppose that's how they want it to be. I dunno. Gay, straight, who cares really. I think they'd have cute kids :D
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i fail to see what`s in it for nicole? it just doesn't wash with me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't claim this tweet was true. But for years Nicole has been saying she's not wifey material and that her relationship is good as it is without a ring on her finger. A few weeks/months ago gay rumours about Lewis came up, and suddenly marriage is interesting for them? It can mean anything, but it's in every case interesting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would anyone really care if it came out LH was gay anyway? It's not like he's David Beckham or anything is it?

I think Jenson Button has kind of taken him over in the 'hot race car driver' stakes anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted. I like Lewis. Nothing wrong with Nichole of course but still gutted.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't claim this tweet was true. But for years Nicole has been saying she's not wifey material and that her relationship is good as it is without a ring on her finger. A few weeks/months ago gay rumours about Lewis came up, and suddenly marriage is interesting for them? It can mean anything, but it's in every case interesting.

Neither statement is true. There have been articles about them getting engaged every year since 2008--here is a November 2008 article, a May 2009 article is here--and in early 2010, just before she was on Dancing With the Stars, an article appeared saying the following:
    According to a shop assistant at a boutique in Los Angeles, when she asked singer Nicole if she was looking for anything in particular at the luxury clothes store she replied: “This year – my wedding dress.” http://www.wedding-news.co.uk/?s=Nicole+Scherzinger

More than 3 months ago, Lewis said they planned to marry.

"We’re very busy at the moment, but she’ll be planning the wedding. She’ll definitely find the time for that, no doubt about it," said Hamilton at the National Movie Awards. http://www.contactmusic.com/photos.nsf/main/lewis-hamilton-and-nicole-scherzinger-national-movie-awards-held-at_3335473

Nicole said she wants to marry Lewis and have his babies, but for now she is focused on her career.
    "Do I see us getting married and having children? My head says yeah, but I'm really focused on my music now and I think that will come in time.

"I think I'll be really strict like my momma, maybe even worse. I won't let my children out of the house! I'll make them listen to classical music." http://m.zimbio.com/Nicole+Scherzinger/articles/Ikm7SoZbqJy/Nicole+Scherzinger+Wants+Marriage+Babies+Lewis

Lewis has had many girlfriends. I especially like the photo of him lifting a girlfriend high in the air on the water. He was clearly delighted.

He also dated gorgeous Miss World finalist Vivian Burkhardt, whose looks were as exotic as Nicole's.

Lewis is besotted with Nicole and flew across the globe to see her on DWTS several times, very close to his Formula One races, and got criticized for doing so, because the flying and jet leg may have hampered his driving. But he defended it on the grounds it made him happier and might be better in the long run.

Here's a video of Lewis talking about Nicole. He also loves to grab her body, like here, here and here. She feels the same way.

They split up briefly because of conflicting careers, but quickly reunited.
    “You make it work. You do it any way you can. When something is worth it you do it.” http://www.indianexpress.com/news/lewis-hamilton-confirms-hes-back-with-nicol/586737/
  • Options
    WardogzWardogz Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Lol, Lewis Hamilton is not gay, Morons.

Anyway if they have got engaged then that is good news. Both of them a nice, respectable people. Wish them all the best!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    To be honest I don't really care, good luck to her if she wants to marry an immature boy. I just would have thought she could do better.
  • Options
    The Mad JokerThe Mad Joker Posts: 5,397
    Forum Member
    love lewis, he makes formula 1 very exciting, his is it cos i is black comment was on some legend shit so im happy for them.:)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to some folk, everybody is a closet job and any relationship inevitably a cover-up!

Becomes tedious after a while.
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm always a little taken aback at the amount of apparent ill-will and snide comments and posts Lewis is subjected to.

At one point it was loads of nastiness and outrage about him being a 'tax-exile'. The people foaming at the mouth seemd not to have noticed that lots of F1 drivers choose to live in places like Monte Carlo - including Jensen and David Coulthard.

Then loads of mean spiritedness about him having a gorgeous girlfriend - split into the 'she could do so much better he's a boring dork' camp and the 'He's gay anyway camp'.

He's gifted at what he does, not bad looking, appears to be a well-mannered individual and is very rich.None of those are valid reasons for the level of spitefulness he is subjected to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhhhhh what lovely news!!!!! You can see in Nicole's face when she talks about Lewis, and when she's at the race track that 'look' in her eyes that she really adores him, and Lewis looks very much like me nephew so I have special affection for him!! ha ha!!! ...as well as the fact that he is a fantastic driver too...

Congratulations to them both. Really lovely news!!!
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww lovely news. Congratulations to them, I wish them a lifetime of happiness together :)
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    I'm always a little taken aback at the amount of apparent ill-will and snide comments and posts Lewis is subjected to.

At one point it was loads of nastiness and outrage about him being a 'tax-exile'. The people foaming at the mouth seemd not to have noticed that lots of F1 drivers choose to live in places like Monte Carlo - including Jensen and David Coulthard.

Then loads of mean spiritedness about him having a gorgeous girlfriend - split into the 'she could do so much better he's a boring dork' camp and the 'He's gay anyway camp'.

He's gifted at what he does, not bad looking, appears to be a well-mannered individual and is very rich.None of those are valid reasons for the level of spitefulness he is subjected to.

Completely agree. He seems a thoughly decent bloke who has a career he loves and is very good at it. Despite having a pop star gf, he doesn't court publicity and appears to just get on with it.

Why he, of all people, would be the subject of such spite is beyond me tbh
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perdita_x wrote: »
    Ahhhhhh what lovely news!!!!! You can see in Nicole's face when she talks about Lewis, and when she's at the race track that 'look' in her eyes that she really adores him, and Lewis looks very much like me nephew so I have special affection for him!! ha ha!!! ...as well as the fact that he is a fantastic driver too...

Congratulations to them both. Really lovely news!!!

Yes I agree.;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Completely agree. He seems a thoughly decent bloke who has a career he loves and is very good at it. Despite having a pop star gf, he doesn't court publicity and appears to just get on with it.

I didn't want to come across as spiteful. I quite like Nicole Scherzinger and have nothing against Lewis. But I read that quoted tweet a while back and when I heard about their engagement, that was the first connection that crossed my mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

I agree. In every interview I've seen of him, he is polite, humble, philosophical and seems mature for his years. Really comes across as nice a guy as anyone in a highly competitive occupation can be.

So the engagement announcement was premature. That's fine, they are both very busy with their careers. But I enjoyed seeing a photo of Nicole's father. She looks a lot like him to me!
    I didn't want to come across as spiteful. I quite like Nicole Scherzinger and have nothing against Lewis. But I read that quoted tweet a while back and when I heard about their engagement, that was the first connection that crossed my mind.

One reason you came across spiteful was that you never linked the original story so those of us it was news to could read it. All you linked to was the horrible tweet. If you'd done the first we could overlook the second.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »

Lewis has come in for a fair bit of stick over the years; this season more so than most - both on and off the track!!

I watch the F1 and I like Lewis. Of course if some folk don't like him then fair enough, but unfounded rumours and innuendo are uncalled for.

The 'tax exile' business is quite simply a nonsense because almost every F1 driver has upped sticks to a tax haven - the same goes for a long list of top sportspeople. It's merely a shrewd business move. The most favoured destinations are often Monaco and Switzerland. Jenson Button recently moved to Guernsey.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he always comes across as quite uninteresting but it takes all sorts, good luck to them
  • Options
    Exp£o$ionExp£o$ion Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »

Stay in the spotlight with a famous f1 driver. Boost her popularity. His dashing charisma :D
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »

Erm, perhaps she loves him? Just a guess.
  • Options
    pmw_hewittpmw_hewitt Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL he definitely isn't gay. Who comes up with this rubbish?