Options

SILENCE in the Library

SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anybody else appreciate the tile even more after the whole Silence arc? I mean, River was raised and conditioned by a faction of the Silence, and she was in the Library. :cool::blush:

Oh, and for bonus points, she was in an astronaut suit. :D

I just think it's cool how things from her first appearance would end up being mirrored as her story was revealed.

Just to add, no I don't think any of this was an intentional omen of things to come, but it's fun to look back at with the knowledge we have now. :)

Comments

• Options
    Will2911Will2911 Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Ha, never thought of that before! Excellent observations
  • Options
    DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anybody else appreciate the tile even more after the whole Silence arc? I mean, River was raised and conditioned by a faction of the Silence, and she was in the Library. :cool::blush:

I just think it's cool how things from her first appearance would end up being mirrored as her story was revealed.

Just to add, no I don't think any of this was an intentional omen of things to come, but it's fun to look back at with the knowledge we have now. :)

Well they may not have been a set up of things that came after, but I think these things may have been used when Moffat got charge of things!
    Moffat and his writing team must have planned all the story arcs of Matt's eara, where they were going and ultimately where ended up! with other one or two episode stories slotted in for good measure along the way!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    Moffat and his writing team must have planned all the story arcs of Matt's eara, where they were going and ultimately where ended up! with other one or two episode stories slotted in for good measure along the way!

Really? I'm pretty sure he just had a very vague idea and then made it up as he went along and tried to fit things together.
  • Options
    jellyfish7jellyfish7 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Really? I'm pretty sure he just had a very vague idea and then made it up as he went along and tried to fit things together.

I think that's a very fair observation. Clearly there was an arc created, and i think it was cleverer than most realised when watching series 5.. but i think there are also some opportunistic uses of prior details recently which weren't planned but do hang together.. The silence as confessors.. Really? How about having them do the sinister 'confess' line in an earlier story then? It would have caused lots of theories about what the character they were addressing needed to confess, then in the time of the doctor it's revealed that all along it's no more than their default statement. Hmm.. not sure how forgetting what you confess is useful though? Make more sense if the person you confessed to forgot so they don't have leverage on you.. If you forget then you'll just end up having to confess again and again and again. Even the silence would get bored. unless they charge for confessionals!
    sorry went off topic there.. :)
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I may be sometime writing anymore on this forum, my head just literally exploded :o

Good spot NotSoSillyBilly.