Channel 4oD Downloading?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
Forum Member
Does anyone know how to download a programme via Channel 4oD, if indeed this is possible? I read somewhere that its possible to download from iPlayer and 4oD using p2p software, but cannot find this on Channel 4's website :confused: Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can install the software via this link:
    http://www.channel4.com/4od/get4od/index.jsp
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    You can install the software via this link:
    http://www.channel4.com/4od/get4od/index.jsp

Excellent! Thank you for that (would have helped if I had looked in the right place !:o)

I have managed to download the episode I missed - do you know if I can save it onto a DVD or my hard drive? :confused:
  • Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will save it to your hard drive for 30 days. If you do not watch it in that time, you can redownload the license to play it (its a DRM'd WMV file). There are ways to rip the DRM off the file so you can burn it to a DVD, ways of which can be found through any reputable search engine:).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Why is it taking so looooooooooooooooooooong to download using 4od. It used to be fine for me. I thought it uses the same software/system as iplayer and that is fine.
  • blueacidblueacid Posts: 2,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it taking so looooooooooooooooooooong to download using 4od. It used to be fine for me. I thought it uses the same software/system as iplayer and that is fine.

Tough to say; what ISP are you with and at what time of day are you trying to download. Does the speed increase in the wee small hours (being: from about 3am onward to about roughly 12 midday or so?) If so it could well be a capacity issue for your ISP.
  • psycholic17psycholic17 Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hi! "Tubedigger" can help you download 4oD videos.