Playing Dodge The Dog Sh**

cosmocosmo Posts: 26,840
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Had a day off and did a fair bit of walking here and there.

The pavements seem to be littered with dog sh*t. Even more dog sh*t than there was years ago when letting your dog sh*t anywhere it wanted to wasn't really frowned upon.

I had to literally concentrate on where I was walking and nothing else. It's everywhere.

I can only conclude that there has been a massive increase in dog bowel movements or the council have given up on clearing it up.

Comments

• **JennaJ****JennaJ** Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Whatever happened to White Dog Sh!t?............:confused:
  • Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So true, I went for a walk at lunch and it's everywhere! I was walking thru a nice estate too where there is obviously a lot of money. Conversly, I live on a terraced street surrounded by many more of the same and I've only have to dodge the odd turd in over a year of living there.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i noticed more during the snow people didnt pick up and it snowed and covered it up ..then the snow melts and its all over the place ..the bigger and sloppier the pile the more reluctant people seem to pick it up .....
  • Melp26Melp26 Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eww! That may be true but i noticed just as much poo during last summer when we went for walks in the park.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the snow has cleared there's load of it on our riverside walk.

You don't get white ones now because of the different diets dogs are on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi, sorry I'm going to sound like a total loser now because I now count the turds when I walk to collect my son from school. The record was achieved today - 16 turds on a short stretch of pavement. 6 Of which were nice and neat mounds in a lovely quaint row alongside each other.....

I think I'll go back to driving to school now, it's like picking your way through landmines at the moment. :mad:
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that where I live we don't see dog poo on the pavements or public park areas because people want to live in a clean area and aren't embarrassed to be seen picking up after their dogs have pooed! Also the council hand out free poo bags and there are also poo bins in some areas as well as ordinary bins.
  • GeorgemcneilGeorgemcneil Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    **JennaJ** wrote: »
    Whatever happened to White Dog Sh!t?............:confused:

Its banned to conform to eec legislation.
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Now the snow has cleared there's load of it on our riverside walk.

You don't get white ones now because of the different diets dogs are on.

Our dogs do White poos
  • LadyFluffLadyFluff Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    oh gods, my street is vile - the house at the end constantly has turds outside it, which you can't see as you go round the corner. I've taken to calling it 'The House at Poo Corner'. It's consistant looking crap as well, so I reckon it's the same irresponsible owner and dog every time. If I catch them at it, I won't be responsible for my actions! And, just to be clear, I love dogs, but some people just shouldn't be allowed to own them if they let them do that.