Options

Steph Fearon casting news

tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
Forum Member
✭✭✭
According to Broadwayworld.com, Steph has been cast in a revival of Smokey Joe's cafe:

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/article/Over_The_Rainbow_SemiFinalist_Fearon_To_Star_In_SMOKEY_JOES_CAFE_Revival_20100607
Steph Fearon, who reached the semi-finals of the BBC1's ‘Over The Rainbow', is to star in the first major production of the musical ‘Smokey Joe's Cafe' since its West?End run at the?Prince of Wales in 1996.

A musical revue showcasing 39 pop standards, including rock and roll, rhythm and blues songs written by songwriters Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller, ‘Smokey Joe's?Cafe' will open at the Landor?Theatre, Clapham, on Tuesday 13th July and run for a five-week season until Sunday 22nd August.

Press night is Tuesday 20 July at 7.30pm

‘Smokey Joe's?Cafe' features 39 of the greatest songs ever recorded, including ‘On Broadway', ‘Jalhouse Rock', ‘Stand?By Me' and ‘i'm a Woman'. Leiber and Stoller, as much as anyone, virtually invented rock 'n' roll and now their songs provide the basis for an electrifying entertainment that illuminates a golden age of American culture. In an idealized 1950's setting.

The cast also includes Marc Akinfolarin, Miguel Angel, Edward Baruwa, Simon Hardwick, Ngo Ngofa, Philippa Stefani,

Steph Fearon recently reached the semi finals wowing audiences every Saturday night on BBC 1's ‘Over The Rainbow', competing for the West End role of Dorothy in Andrew Lloyd Webber's production of ‘The Wizard Of Oz'. Her professional credits include: ‘The Little Shop of Horrors' (National tour) ‘Whistle Down the Wind' (Aldwych), ‘The Wind in the Willows' (Open Air Theatre), "As If' (C4) and My Parents are Aliens (ITV).

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great news, I don't know the show but it sounds like it will suit her, congrats to her! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    She said that she loves performing jazz numbers. I think it was the week she sang Diamond's Are A Girls Best Friend. Good luck to her, she deserves it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    What part will she be playing? I read an article about the show on Wikipedia but it didn't say anything about characters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    I'm really pleased for Steph, I always enjoyed watching her OTR performances....:)
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Steph.
  • Options
    supergirlblibssupergirlblibs Posts: 5,038
    Forum Member
    What part will she be playing? I read an article about the show on Wikipedia but it didn't say anything about characters

I don't think there are parts as such ... The cast all sing different musical numbers & I'm sure theres no story behind it.

Well Done Steph :) Will be a new show for me to see!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to Steph :D

This sounds perfect for her! Gutted I'm not going to London until the following week, I would've went to see her otherwise.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    I don't think there are parts as such ... The cast all sing different musical numbers & I'm sure theres no story behind it.

Yeh I think there are 9 leads - 5 men, 4 women, and they sing in various combos fairly equally.
    This sounds brilliant for Steph!! Massive congrats to her. I'll be in London in August, so will definitely be buying tickets!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Steph! :)
    Really want to go see it but don't think I have enough money as am already doing too much this summer :(:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Tickets now on sale! http://www.landortheatre.co.uk/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is great news! Well done, Steph! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Steph! Can't wait to go and see it :D
  • Options
    franglemandfranglemand Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay, that's brilliant news! I was hoping Steph would find her first role fairly quickly. It sounds like a fun show to be in as well, I bet the cast will have a ball doing it! Can't wait to go see it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    Ooh congrats! And I LOVE the song I Am A Woman! :D
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    emle wrote: »
    Tickets now on sale! http://www.landortheatre.co.uk/

buy quickly ...the Landor isn't very big......
  • Options
    tiggosaurustiggosaurus Posts: 3,653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was remiss in my first post in not sending my congratulations to Steph. I had a hunch she would be the first of the finalists to be cast in a production after OTR finished (aside from Danielle of course).

I didn't realise she had as extensive a CV as she does. Good luck to her, I hope she brings a new audience to the show and to the venue as well. :)
  • Options
    NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Landor is a great venue - very small and intimate. It's above a pub and they are lovely ... the food is pretty great too if you want to eat before the show!

I saw Daniel Boys in 'I Love You Because' at the Landor and am so glad I did. It's not often you get THAT close to the performers.

Great news for Steph.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great piece for Steph. Although the article is over stating things a bit - Landor Theatre is very much not a West End Theatre - it's a fringe venue above a pub in Clapham. Am sure it will be a great show regardless - just a bit of an odd article.
  • Options
    NoahsAarkNoahsAark Posts: 30,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great piece for Steph. Although the article is over stating things a bit - Landor Theatre is very much not a West End Theatre - it's a fringe venue above a pub in Clapham. Am sure it will be a great show regardless - just a bit of an odd article.

You're right - it is definitely Fringe rather than West End - but it's got a great reputation for putting on some brilliant shows.
  • Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds pretty good. :cool: good luck to Steph.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    and according to her twitter she's in panto as jasmyn (Jasmine?) at Buxton....

Which fits this http://www.buxtonoperahouse.org.uk/whats-on/section/pantomime