Options

Edge of Heaven - ITV(1) 9PM- Fridays

Comments

• Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    danyell wrote: »
    I'm only watching it because I live near Margate. It's not that funny sadly. But I thought it wouldn't be up to much anyway.

I'm only watching it for the lovely Tandeep.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    How annoying was the cut on Alfie's nose. It was in at least 2 different places and then disappeared altogether without the hint of a scar.

The same goes for the black eye. Nearly gone in a day.

Not sure if to bother next week as it was not that funny to me.
  • Options
    AnnaFordFanAnnaFordFan Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I'm only watching it for the lovely Tandeep.

I'm only watching it because the cat is asleep on top of the remote control.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A minute of the opening scene in my recording of this was enough for me. I immediately pressed "delete."

Why is Friday so dire for programmes, when on Thursday, there's Suits, The Good Wife, Nashville, Southland and George Gently?
  • Options
    danyelldanyell Posts: 10,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes me laugh that nobody is around walking in the town when normally Margate is heaving with people. They must of filmed at the crack of dawn all the time.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear God, what trash. Wife said it was rubbish within the first minute, but I said let's give it a bit longer... I lasted 15 minutes before admitting defeat.
    It's like one of those Sky comedies but even worse.We ended up watching another episode of Gerry Anderson's UFO from DVD. At least it had mini-skirts, pretty girls and groovy music.
  • Options
    China GirlChina Girl Posts: 2,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lasted 10 minutes then switched off.
  • Options
    essexpeteessexpete Posts: 9,210
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed it,looks like I'm in minority
  • Options
    tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was alright but I thought they were copying some of the other comedy's and rolling them into one,...... The sister of Alfie reminded me of Nessa off Gavin &Stacey and the gay lad reminded me of Liam from Benidorm .
  • Options
    pembo2004pembo2004 Posts: 4,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it alright it's bit naff
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    I found it enjoyable. It isn't ground breaking in content but it is a great programme to just sit and enjoy for what it is. I will be watching again next week.
  • Options
    madj40madj40 Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave it 10 minutes then switched it off..thank god for Netflix..
  • Options
    cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that I'm sticking up for this show, which I thought was a bit daft, but it's getting a slating I see.

In contrast we have the moronic House of Fools, which seems to be liked by a lot of people on here. And which I think is absolute tripe.

It's horses for courses you see. We all have our own, differing opinions.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A minute of the opening scene in my recording of this was enough for me. I immediately pressed "delete."

Why is Friday so dire for programmes, when on Thursday, there's Suits, The Good Wife, Nashville, Southland and George Gently?
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Oh dear God, what trash. Wife said it was rubbish within the first minute, but I said let's give it a bit longer... I lasted 15 minutes before admitting defeat.
    It's like one of those Sky comedies but even worse.We ended up watching another episode of Gerry Anderson's UFO from DVD. At least it had mini-skirts, pretty girls and groovy music.
    China Girl wrote: »
    I lasted 10 minutes then switched off.
    madj40 wrote: »
    I gave it 10 minutes then switched it off..thank god for Netflix..

Well I cant say I actually watched it, but it seems to be more and more these days that people give up within ten minutes. Just shows how difficult it is for contemporary programme makers to grab peoples attention and keep them with so many other distractions around.

Personally though I would probably never have watched any series or film at all if I based my response on the first ten minutes.

Interesting to know if the people who actually enjoyed it had formed that opinion before the first break.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very mediocre, not awful but far from great. I like Blake Harrison, brilliant in Todd Margaret, and I was hoping for good things in this show. I'll give the series a chance, maybe it'll improve.

I did have a question about his girlfriend though, how could a guy date someone for 7 years and not realize she was a shallow bitch? Weird.
  • Options
    EmmabellEmmabell Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    How annoying was the cut on Alfie's nose. It was in at least 2 different places and then disappeared altogether without the hint of a scar.

The same goes for the black eye. Nearly gone in a day.

Not sure if to bother next week as it was not that funny to me.

The cut nose and black eye was terrible continuity, surely someone noticed.
    I only watched as I used to live in that house.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Adrian Scarborough's character
  • Options
    radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. How did this warrant a full series?
    Its Garbage.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuza wrote: »
    Not that I'm sticking up for this show, which I thought was a bit daft, but it's getting a slating I see.

In contrast we have the moronic House of Fools, which seems to be liked by a lot of people on here. And which I think is absolute tripe.

It's horses for courses you see. We all have our own, differing opinions.

I haven't seen it, but my mum (the target audience ?) who is a fan of Last Tango in Halifax, said it was rubbish.
    I won't defend House of Fools because I expected better, but gave it the time of day because it was different.
    Different isn't always good, but these cosy non offensive comedy dramas that don't stand out seem two a penny at the moment.
  • Options
    CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actully thought it was quite good. Maybe if you watched the full hour and not just ten minutes, you would have too.
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Half hour into my recording.
    Deary me, and ITV cancelled a second series of Good Night out?
    Scripts weren't top draw for Good Night Out, but the charm and performers lifted it.

The comedy timing seems 'out' in this, smiled at the odd point here and there and the runaway bride's mate is very tidy.
    Edit: realised where I've seen 'Carly' before she was in Some Girls, her lils didn't look as big in that :)
  • Options
    gingerjackgingerjack Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather nail my penis to a burning building , that watch another 5 minutes of what I did see
  • Options
    tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched this on catch up and was quite willing to give it a go until I realised I was just watching a mash up of Gavin and Stacey/Stella/Benidorm. I may have enjoyed it had I just landed on earth and had never seen any of the shows that the characters/dialogue have been plucked directly from. Unfortunately I this is not the case so I'll stick to shows where the writers have actually had an original thought.
  • Options
    DesmondpDesmondp Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    REally wanted to like it but it was only ok

I think this show suffered from this issues of short seasons and having actors appearing on multiple shows per year. I couldn't shake the lead's characters from previous shows for this one
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This supposed to be funny??!. Rather watch the Soho thing on C5