Options

Is your Christmas tree up?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes had 2 up since last week in November.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Yes had 2 up since last week in November.

why so early
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah,yeah. Whatever.

It's no nearer to two weeks than it is three, so why say two weeks rather than three?
    Anyway, it's still too early.

Well if you consider Christmas Eve as part of the main bit, then actually it is, just, closer to 2 weeks. Anyway it really ISN'T too early as the build up is part of the whole experience
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All but one of our trees are up.

One on phone up.

One on tablet up.

One in the main living room up.

One on laptop up.

Just got the massive one in the summer room to go.
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    There are 2 and a half weeks to go, we wont buy ours until Friday, then I may put it up next weekend, surely it will be needleless if it was put up any earlier??
  • Options
    housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    Yes ours is up, love Christmas having grandchildren coming here makes us do things. The family will Christmas Eve and go home Boxing Day. Love love Christmas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why so early

Am awaiting biopsy results, basically wanted to put a bit of cheer in the house while we going through this tough time and because well life is too short, I love xmas :)
  • Options
    Paul237Paul237 Posts: 8,657
    Forum Member
    Nah - probably next weekend. Mid December feels about right.
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mrstim wrote: »
    Am awaiting biopsy results, basically wanted to put a bit of cheer in the house while we going through this tough time and because well life is too short, I love xmas :)

I am celebrating early too, this morning I had half a box of matchmakers for breakfast :blush:
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    1st December here and while I was about to get the decorations on it decided to give up and fall on me. It also took a big chunk out a gold santa ornament which lights up.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not yet :(
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We put the dining room tree up yesterday, the front room tree and outside lights went up today. Still not feeling festive though.
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will put mine up next weekend i expect, when i eventually finish painting the front room.

Who decorates their whole house then? I only do my front room ..
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is up. Always have it up on December 1st now. Usually take it down again just after New Years. For the effort and cost of putting it up I want to make the most of it.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Disappointed that no-one has put a photo on of their tree!

I haven't got one, I won't be at home for Christmas, but I'm tempted to get one of those twigmas trees with lights on and leave it up all year round. I love fairy lights.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, ours is an 11ft Nordmann fir. Decorating it next weekend.
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will do mine next Saturday as my daughter has a playdate at her friend's house, so I can take the time to do it in peace and she will have the pleasure of being surprised, as I told her it'd be going up on the 17th :D

ETA: Should I say, I shall have the pleasure of her surprise :)
  • Options
    ICUDOICUDO Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I don't put one up as I don't see this as my home, which I am furthermore reminded by the fact that everyone else in my street puts theirs up way too early and takes them down way too late. Even when my parents go and my sisters decide that I am not their brother, if they haven't alerady done so, I still doubt I'll put one up.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never owned one, so no :)
  • Options
    mintoemintoe Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed that no-one has put a photo on of their tree!

I haven't got one, I won't be at home for Christmas, but I'm tempted to get one of those twigmas trees with lights on and leave it up all year round. I love fairy lights.

GREAT idea....can w have a pictures thread? Is it allowed? I love being nosy and seeing peoples ideas! :
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    mintoe wrote: »
    GREAT idea....can w have a pictures thread? Is it allowed? I love being nosy and seeing peoples ideas! :

There have been photos most other years. I reckon it must be allowed.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This month cant go soon enough. It is really depressing that christmas decorations are going up. That isnt going to be the case for me because mam has got chemo for the next four tuesdays so it isnt worth put any decorations up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :p:p:pCan we for once have a christmas thread without the I hate I do not like people, we have family friends who love it. Go make a sad thread:D:D>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There have been photos most other years. I reckon it must be allowed.

Yes pic are allowed, happy happy people post them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ICUDO wrote: »
    I don't put one up as I don't see this as my home, which I am furthermore reminded by the fact that everyone else in my street puts theirs up way too early and takes them down way too late. Even when my parents go and my sisters decide that I am not their brother, if they haven't alerady done so, I still doubt I'll put one up.

Happy happy chap not :p>:(